There are 215 users in the forums

Tom Brady was a 49ers fan, I didn't know.

Shop 49ers game tickets
I have a feeling my parents missed Tom Brady at the hospital by a few days. Tom was born in San Mateo on August 3rd, 1977. I popped out 5 days later on the 8th while my parents were San Mateo residents as well.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I have a feeling my parents missed Tom Brady at the hospital by a few days. Tom was born in San Mateo on August 3rd, 1977. I popped out 5 days later on the 8th while my parents were San Mateo residents as well.

Maybe you were swapped at birth.
Go ahead and add 3 more Super Bowls to Montana's total. Without him, you'd be nothing, Tom Brady! Nothing but a handsome guy that would still bang super models and probably be successful somewhere else. Jerk.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Go ahead and add 3 more Super Bowls to Montana's total. Without him, you'd be nothing, Tom Brady! Nothing but a handsome guy that would still bang super models and probably be successful somewhere else. Jerk.

Reminds me of that Rod Stewart song...

"Some guys have all the luck, some guys do nothing but complain. dadadadadad"
Originally posted by Chief:
"Born near San Francisco in San Mateo, California to Tom Sr. and Galynn, Brady regularly attended 49ers games in the 1980s, where he became a fan of quarterback Joe Montana; since then, Brady has mentioned Montana as one of his inspirations and an idol.[4] A young Tom Brady was present at the 49ers–Cowboys playoff game when Montana threw his famous pass to Dwight Clark known today simply as "The Catch"."

I am sure this is old news, but I had no idea. Does this mean I have to like him now?

I remember a story after the draft, it was reported that Tom was close to tears when the 49ers did not select him with their final pick. Now most of us should have tears in our eyes for not picking him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wonder why Brady fell all the way down to the 6th round?? Was it because he wasn't built like Brady Quinn, cause obviously Brady was pretty productive in college.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wonder why Brady fell all the way down to the 6th round?? Was it because he wasn't built like Brady Quinn, cause obviously Brady was pretty productive in college.

Look at the QBs taken in that draft though.

Chad Pennington and Tom Brady are the only real QBs to actually contribute in the NFL.

Pennington was the only QB to be selected in the first round. No QBs in the second.

Chris Redman and Giovanni Carzzcrappii in the third.

So on and so forth.

well there is an unwritten rule in scouting, let the lower levels scout for you also. Which means you have to have some method to sift through the masses, you can't really give everyone as much detail as you may want. So let each level act as a filter and pick and choose your sleepers as most of your time will be following the well known prospects.

1. He couldn't even crack the starting role in HS, so really how much love was Colleges going to give him?
2. He couldn't even crack the starting role in Michigan(until perhaps too late) so really how much love was the NFL going to give him
3. So with minimal scouting done on him, here is all they could come up with. Bad body, skinny, undefined. Slow, immobile. Not a strong arm.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by danimal:

well there is an unwritten rule in scouting, let the lower levels scout for you also. Which means you have to have some method to sift through the masses, you can't really give everyone as much detail as you may want. So let each level act as a filter and pick and choose your sleepers as most of your time will be following the well known prospects.

1. He couldn't even crack the starting role in HS, so really how much love was Colleges going to give him?
2. He couldn't even crack the starting role in Michigan(until perhaps too late) so really how much love was the NFL going to give him
3. So with minimal scouting done on him, here is all they could come up with. Bad body, skinny, undefined. Slow, immobile. Not a strong arm.

2. He did crack the line-up when he was a junior and senior, which is when most QB's do. And he was pretty productive at when given the chance, which should have given him more than enough exposure to NFL scouts with two Bowl games. After all its not like he went to Utah St. or San Jose St.. Michigan is at least known for some pretty good QB's.

So I'm gonna have to go with Skinny, immobile and sub par arm strength. But aren't those the same things said about 1st round QB Chad Pennington??
(OK maybe not the skinny part)
Originally posted by danimal:

2. He did crack the line-up when he was a junior and senior, which is when most QB's do. And he was pretty productive at when given the chance, which should have given him more than enough exposure to NFL scouts with two Bowl games. After all its not like he went to Utah St. or San Jose St.. Michigan is at least known for some pretty good QB's.

So I'm gonna have to go with Skinny, immobile and sub par arm strength. But aren't those the same things said about 1st round QB Chad Pennington??
(OK maybe not the skinny part)

Well thats why I said until perhaps too late. Maybe the net result is a traditional JuntiorSenior starter, which I think is not that normal either...but his path is what really sets him aside.....not coveted out of high school, starts Michigan as 7th!!! QB

Anyway this is just my theory, but I think too many pro scouts use a broad filter that separates those who struggle to dominate position battles in HS and College, because there are a lot of players who never had a problem winning out their job at those 2 levels.

All I do know is this....there has to be some reason, and as you stated, that reason should probably be in addition to his stature and mobility

Who gives a sh*t. He plays for the Pats so who the f**k cares that he was a Niners fan.

Roethlisberger was a Niners fan too but I don't see a thread about that. Damn this time of year is boring.

Shoulda been a "Let's kiss Tom Brady's a$$ Thread".
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jul 8, 2009 at 6:15 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Who gives a sh*t. He plays for the Pats so who the f**k cares that he was a Niners fan.

Roethlisberger was a Niners fan too but I don't see a thread about that. Damn this time of year is boring.

take
a
chill
pill
dood
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

take
a
chill
pill
dood

Thanks I think I will.
  • Chief
  • Veteran

take
a
chill
pill
dood

Thanks I think I will.

Sorry I posted something I was interested in within the walls of your forum. Next time I want to even breath the mans name I will PM you and ask first.

take
a
chill
pill
dood

Share 49ersWebzone