Originally posted by 49er4life:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by valrod33:
The NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!!!

There coach is a proven cheater, a fact that had a direct affect on them winning the Super Bowl several times. When he was not able to cheat, they lost!

This combined with the spotty investigation and presumed cover up to make sure the NFL didn't come out looking bad, puts the Patriots on a short list of sports all time biggest cheaters and of course makes them entirely over rated.

Tom Brady is the man

Yea it helps when your coach has illegally filmed your opponents practices, gaining valuable insight on defensive formations, audible, personnel packages, strategy's, and oh yea there play's!

Someone is a little bitter, im sure other teams have done this, they jsut didnt get caught so get over it, Tom Brady is the man

Bitter no, just stating facts.

If you weren't to busy blowing Tom Brady you would know that.

maybe you should look up the definition of "facts"

The definition of "facts": A thing done.

You are right though, they were never convicted of filming practices, any evidence was destroyed buy the comish. On the the other hand the did cheat, that is fact.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338
"Belichick, however, accepted full responsibility "for the actions""

It funny how even Bill Belichick can except the "facts", but you guys cant.

I know the Pats are a very good team, and its not that I don't like the Pats I just don't like cheaters.

And it's funny how you fail to acknowledge my response to you. Is it that you can't accept those facts ? Did they really lose their last SB because they could not cheat the Giants ? Seems the SB wins and one loss under BB have all been extremely close games, so was the cheating REALLY the difference in those SB wins ? That's a question that will never be answered so it is all speculation that they won because they cheated. There is no way that they could have cheated to figure out the adjustments their oppents were making in those SB wins, and like him or not Tom Brady did a fantastic job of leading his team when it mattered most to put them in a position to have a chance at winning.

I didn't acknowledge that because it makes no sense,

Yes the patriots would have beat the Giants if they filmed the Giants signals! If they cheated they would have won... Just like in past close super bowls.

When you say " That's a question that will never be answered", you are right. The comish destroyed all evidence. Now let me ask you, why would he do this if there was no other offenses? Does it not seem more plausible that the Comish was covering his and the NFL's a$$ by making sure no one would ever find out that a supposed dynasty won because they cheated. If that got out it would tarnish the entire NFL's image.

"There is no way that they could have cheated to figure out the adjustments" lol this just shows how much you actually know about football. Adjustment are often signaled from the side line. This is what the Patriots were caught filming!!!!

Also I never bashed Brady, just people that are all over his jock. The fact is when Brady went down, a back up won 11 games. So is Brady really as great of a QB as some people think. Are the patriots a very good team, yes. But they are overrated as a dynasty, when it is a fact that they cheated.

Just got back from Toms house, and yeah he is still the Man

Dude seriously right before this happened and got leaked the commish sent out a memo to all the teams about video taping illegally, so they were aware that teams were doing this not just the patriots, the patriots just happened to get caught publicly

LOL I love the excuse, "well, everybody ells was doing it". Sounds like the reasoning of a 5th grader. Although you may find it hard to believe, some people and teams understand the meaning of right and wrong and have enough respect for the game to not cheat.

And just because the comish sent out a memo doesn't mean that anybody ells was doing it, thats just standard procedure in most corporate run business's.

Im not saying that what they did was okay, obviously they cheated, some other teams probably cheated as well probably not all of them, we will never know, and if you think the patriots only won games because they videotaped some practices, than i dont know what to tell you.

"you think the patriots only won games because they videotaped some practices,"

Did I ever say that?

Yes the patriots would have beat the Giants if they filmed the Giants signals! If they cheated they would have won... Just like in past close super bowls.

No one can say for sure that they would have won had they filmed the Giants. That's speculation period. Obviously your taking a lot away from the Giants team that year and you've already decided what would have happened had they been able to even though there is no way to ever truly know. Believe what you will but if you can't prove it then it doesn't mean it's necessarily true.

Adjustments aren't just signals from the sideline. Adjustments are also made on the sidelines, during halftime as to how your going to attack or defend your opponents and by the HC, OC or DC in their playcalling depending on how your opponent is reacting to what you are doing and trying to do so I guess you are the one that does not know much about football.

Said backup you are referring to netted a 2nd round pick, and if you watched him play he got better as the season wore on (and there were moments in his first few games as starter that he looked rough). He also spent 3 seasons behind Tom Brady being groomed by one of the best coaching staffs in the league, but obviously you don't want to acknowledge that just like you choose not to acknowledge how good of a QB Brady truly is. Brady has been solid despite whatever WR's he has had (how good were David Givens and Deion Branch once they left the Pats ? And yes I am aware that Givens suffered a serious injury in Tennessee however int he few games he played he caught very few passes).

Quote:

Although you may find it hard to believe, some people and teams understand the meaning of right and wrong and have enough respect for the game to not cheat.

And just because the comish sent out a memo doesn't mean that anybody ells was doing it, thats just standard procedure in most corporate run business's.

And we will probably never know if and how many other teams possibly did tape other teams, Maybe everyone else wasn't doing it however MAYBE THEY WERE. With no way of knowing either or can be right but it's obvious you choose to believe that most if not all other teams were not doing it.

You can personally take away all the credit you want from BB but at the end of the day he is still a brilliant football mind and you can never take that from him.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

There coach is a proven cheater, a fact that had a direct affect on them winning the Super Bowl several times. When he was not able to cheat, they lost!

This combined with the spotty investigation and presumed cover up to make sure the NFL didn't come out looking bad, puts the Patriots on a short list of sports all time biggest cheaters and of course makes them entirely over rated.

Tom Brady is the man

Yea it helps when your coach has illegally filmed your opponents practices, gaining valuable insight on defensive formations, audible, personnel packages, strategy's, and oh yea there play's!

Someone is a little bitter, im sure other teams have done this, they jsut didnt get caught so get over it, Tom Brady is the man

You are right though, they were never convicted of filming practices, any evidence was destroyed buy the comish. On the the other hand the did cheat, that is fact.

I know the Pats are a very good team, and its not that I don't like the Pats I just don't like cheaters.

And it's funny how you fail to acknowledge my response to you. Is it that you can't accept those facts ? Did they really lose their last SB because they could not cheat the Giants ? Seems the SB wins and one loss under BB have all been extremely close games, so was the cheating REALLY the difference in those SB wins ? That's a question that will never be answered so it is all speculation that they won because they cheated. There is no way that they could have cheated to figure out the adjustments their oppents were making in those SB wins, and like him or not Tom Brady did a fantastic job of leading his team when it mattered most to put them in a position to have a chance at winning.

When you say " That's a question that will never be answered", you are right. The comish destroyed all evidence. Now let me ask you, why would he do this if there was no other offenses? Does it not seem more plausible that the Comish was covering his and the NFL's a$$ by making sure no one would ever find out that a supposed dynasty won because they cheated. If that got out it would tarnish the entire NFL's image.

"There is no way that they could have cheated to figure out the adjustments" lol this just shows how much you actually know about football. Adjustment are often signaled from the side line. This is what the Patriots were caught filming!!!!

Also I never bashed Brady, just people that are all over his jock. The fact is when Brady went down, a back up won 11 games. So is Brady really as great of a QB as some people think. Are the patriots a very good team, yes. But they are overrated as a dynasty, when it is a fact that they cheated.

Dude seriously right before this happened and got leaked the commish sent out a memo to all the teams about video taping illegally, so they were aware that teams were doing this not just the patriots, the patriots just happened to get caught publicly

LOL I love the excuse, "well, everybody ells was doing it". Sounds like the reasoning of a 5th grader. Although you may find it hard to believe, some people and teams understand the meaning of right and wrong and have enough respect for the game to not cheat.

Im not saying that what they did was okay, obviously they cheated, some other teams probably cheated as well probably not all of them, we will never know, and if you think the patriots only won games because they videotaped some practices, than i dont know what to tell you.

Did I ever say that?

How is "you think the patriots only won games because they videotaped some practices" even close to-

"Yes the patriots would have beat the Giants if they filmed the Giants signals! If they cheated they would have won... Just like in past close super bowls."

I stated that if the Patriots would have cheated they would have beat the Giants, just like in the there other close super bowl victory's. Not that every game the Patriots won is because they cheated. Big difference...

Why dont we agree to disagree on this topic, thanks for make my work day a little less boring!!!

agreed, yeah this actually made my day go by fast its lunch time already
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Overkill:
I hope (for our sake) its the Panthers.

YESSSS!!!!!!!

I was going to agree with the majority and go with Cowboys, but Bollywood Meets the NFC East on Youtube has convinced me otherwise that it's the Redskins.

Tom Brady is the man

Did I ever say that?

No one can say for sure that they would have won had they filmed the Giants. That's speculation period. Obviously your taking a lot away from the Giants team that year and you've already decided what would have happened had they been able to even though there is no way to ever truly know. Believe what you will but if you can't prove it then it doesn't mean it's necessarily true.

Adjustments aren't just signals from the sideline. Adjustments are also made on the sidelines, during halftime as to how your going to attack or defend your opponents and by the HC, OC or DC in their playcalling depending on how your opponent is reacting to what you are doing and trying to do so I guess you are the one that does not know much about football.

Said backup you are referring to netted a 2nd round pick, and if you watched him play he got better as the season wore on (and there were moments in his first few games as starter that he looked rough). He also spent 3 seasons behind Tom Brady being groomed by one of the best coaching staffs in the league, but obviously you don't want to acknowledge that just like you choose not to acknowledge how good of a QB Brady truly is. Brady has been solid despite whatever WR's he has had (how good were David Givens and Deion Branch once they left the Pats ? And yes I am aware that Givens suffered a serious injury in Tennessee however int he few games he played he caught very few passes).

Quote:

Although you may find it hard to believe, some people and teams understand the meaning of right and wrong and have enough respect for the game to not cheat.

And we will probably never know if and how many other teams possibly did tape other teams, Maybe everyone else wasn't doing it however MAYBE THEY WERE. With no way of knowing either or can be right but it's obvious you choose to believe that most if not all other teams were not doing it.

You can personally take away all the credit you want from BB but at the end of the day he is still a brilliant football mind and you can never take that from him.

You are right it is all speculation, that is why we are sitting here i a 49ers message board. Thats what makes football fun, the ability to speculate and have no way to know if we are right or wrong. There are a lot of people that get paid good money on TV just to speculate.

BB is a great football mind, I just question his morals and ethics.

Tom Brady is a good QB, not a great QB. That is my speculation

Again I will state, that this is all in fun and making my work day go a lot faster!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Cowboys, havent won in the playoffs since the late 90s

^^^^^EASILY the most overrated team in the NFL.

Although the Pats are not overrated, they don't win with class. I'm sorry, but when you're up by 34 points against an inferior team and there's about 4 minutes left in the game and you call a deep post ON 4TH DOWN, that shows absolutely no class whatsover. They did that sort of thing about 4 times that I could remember that year they went 18-1. I cannot respect a team that is coached like that, I don't care how good they are.

Man I'd love it if the Niners did that to teams. Imagine just completely destroying the Cardinals opening night and doing the same thing and winning 49-7.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Cowboys, havent won in the playoffs since the late 90s

^^^^^EASILY the most overrated team in the NFL.

Although the Pats are not overrated, they don't win with class. I'm sorry, but when you're up by 34 points against an inferior team and there's about 4 minutes left in the game and you call a deep post ON 4TH DOWN, that shows absolutely no class whatsover. They did that sort of thing about 4 times that I could remember that year they went 18-1. I cannot respect a team that is coached like that, I don't care how good they are.

Man I'd love it if the Niners did that to teams. Imagine just completely destroying the Cardinals opening night and doing the same thing and winning 49-7.

i know right, i would love the niners to kick some booty like that, hey if you dont want it to happen than stop them

Tom Brady is the man

I am talking about your opinions and conclusions about the level of advantage they supposedly held over their opponents. Those are not facts, just your opinions.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
What team do you see as the most overrated team in the entire NFL?

My vote goes to the saints. Yea, Breese is a solid QB and year after year they find a way to F things up for themselves. Yet year after year they are seen as a playoff contender?

oh noes
Currently the Vikes.

Tom Brady is the man

id respond to you but i have to go to Toms house

seriously dude, hating on a guy who was a 6th round pick that became one of the best QBs in the league and won 3 superbowls? and hes from san mateo where i was born lol. but brady is one of the good guys in the league i dont hate on the guy. dallas and the eagles i think are the most overated teams in the league, especially dallas. people kiss their ass year in and year out and they havent won a playoff game since aikman retired

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Easily the cowboys, are tony romo is easily the most overrated player in the NFL
Lol, i think he forgot about his post a year ago.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Tom Brady is the man

id respond to you but i have to go to Toms house

seriously dude, hating on a guy who was a 6th round pick that became one of the best QBs in the league and won 3 superbowls? and hes from san mateo where i was born lol. but brady is one of the good guys in the league i dont hate on the guy. dallas and the eagles i think are the most overated teams in the league, especially dallas. people kiss their ass year in and year out and they havent won a playoff game since aikman retired

Aikman retired this past year?

but ya, still overrated

[ Edited by Godsleftsock on Jun 7, 2010 at 20:16:06 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
1. Cowboys
2. Arizona
3. Pittsburg
  • jrg
  • Veteran
49ers
Share 49ersWebzone