LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Vontae Davis arrested: he says it's mistaken identity/identity theft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Dolphins first-round pick Vontae Davis was arrested in Champaign (IL) on June 9 for "unnecessary vehicular noise" and driving without a valid license, according to The Daily Illini.
The Daily Illini is the school paper at Illinois, where Davis played college ball. A police spokeswoman says the arrest happened during a routine traffic stop. Vernon's little brother, Davis was red flagged by some teams entering the draft for behavior issues and two benchings by U of I coach Ron Zook. He's been outplayed by second-round cornerback Sean Smith at offseason OTAs.
Source: The Daily Illini

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jun 23, 2009 at 21:01:42 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
This sounds like overkill, basically he got arrested for having his stereo too loud and not having a license. Normally that's a ticket and you're on your way.
So this dummy gets pulled over for having his music too loud(which i think is stupid) but he doesn't have a valid license(which is 10 times stupider) He might wanna turn the music down and drive quietly or let your homie drive. Guess if you the dolphins you can at least be glad drugs and drinking weren't involved.
Originally posted by TX9R:
This sounds like overkill, basically he got arrested for having his stereo too loud and not having a license. Normally that's a ticket and you're on your way.

not when you're a young Nergroid about to get paid. plus he's not Hollywood yet so that does not help either.
I didn't know you could get pulled over for having loud music!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

true if that's the case cops wouldn't have time for anything else

depends on what neighborhood your in
meh that's nothing
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Or the color of your skin
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jwildz999:

I don't leave home without it!

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
This is a nonstory.
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by jwildz999:

I don't leave home without it!

Quote:
Did you get your race card?
I didn't get my race card
Hell no, I didn't get my race card!
Homeboy, where'd you get your race card?
White boy, what is a race card?
....Ice Cube

[ Edited by Negrodamus on Jun 23, 2009 at 15:51:34 ]
"Despite a report that he was arrested in Champaign (IL) on June 9, Vontae Davis says he hasn't even been to the city since February.

Davis had his wallet stolen before he left Illinois as a junior to enter the NFL Draft. It sounds like someone presented Davis' identification to Champaign police during the traffic stop two weeks ago. The Dolphins confirmed that the first-round pick practiced in Florida on the day of the arrest."
Why is he trying to pimp it in Champaign instead of South Beach?
"Despite a report that he was arrested in Champaign (IL) on June 9, Vontae Davis says he hasn't even been to the city since February.

Davis had his wallet stolen before he left Illinois as a junior to enter the NFL Draft. It sounds like someone presented Davis' identification to Champaign police during the traffic stop two weeks ago. The Dolphins confirmed that the first-round pick practiced in Florida on the day of the arrest."

ahhhhh case of stolen identity!
Share 49ersWebzone