LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Is it safe to call Reggie Bush a bust?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by teeohh:
there was a discussion about this a couple months ago and a lot of people say that since he's still a weapon and can be dangerous he's not a bust

however, i agree with you that he could be considered one

he got drafted to be a running back, he was hyped up to be the next barry sanders. i don't disagree that if the ball is passed to him things can happen, but has he shown to be worth the 2nd overall pick? i say no, and that's why i say he's a bust, but not a complete bust, if you get where i'm going with that

He'd be a complete bust if Drew Brees wasn't on that team.
this^
Not a bust, but definitely not living up to the hype.
bust, no. Over hyped, yes.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Not a bust.

Stop hating.
He had 700-some receiving yards his rookie year, but since then he's kind of sucked. It's a shame.
Talk about over hyped by the draft pundits. Funny, three years later the Texans are looking like geniuses. Remember how all the Saints fans thought Bush was going to be the team savior? What we have learned is he was surrounded by fantastic talent at USC and played inferior teams (the Pac 10)

Bush is a great example of why Crabtree should only be paid based on his slot position. For all we know for that matter all anyone knows is Crabtree could end up being another Rashaun Woods.
injuries.

what happened to alex smith?
I think it depends on how you define bust. To me he is not a bust, he simply hasn't lived up to expectations. He does do a good job receiving out of the backfield but that isn't what the Saints drafted him that high for.

To me a bust doesn't contribute whatsoever and is run out of town by his 3rd or 4th year. Thats just my opinion of a bust.
He's a glorified version of Kevin Faulk.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He's a glorified version of Kevin Faulk.

Except he's nowhere near as good.

He is not a bust just not as good people expected. He's doing what I expected,i.e. a nice 3rd down back that can run back punts. The Saints overpaid for Bush, plain and simple but he's productive.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Id take him on the niners.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
and to think my dumbass was wanting us to trade up from 6 to draft him 2nd overall wouldnt mind having bush on the team but not for the money hes making

Yes
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
bust, no. Over hyped, yes.
Originally posted by AC49er:

^ this

and probably depressed over kim kardashabigbutt
Share 49ersWebzone