failed to live up to his height? YES

So he plays like he's 5'2? 5'5?
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
bust? NO

failed to live up to his height? YES

So he plays like he's 5'2? 5'5?

lol i meant hype srry i just woke up
no way. He is one of those players that always has to be accounted for when hes on the field. Hes a straight up threat.
Originally posted by valrod33:

OUCH, but yah i consider him a bust doesnt do much in he runnng game isn he hurt every year

very good returner though

WOW, Drew come on man that's not a good pass to make you can clearly see the guy coming down hill, way to leave your teammate defensive.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Bust? Hell no.

I don't see how you can call a guy who produces 800-1000 combined yards a season a bust.

He was picked way too high to produce as a situational/3rd down back, but he fits the Saints offensive system with Drew Brees.
He's not a bust but I think it's also safe to say what else he isn't that he was said to be coming out of college: Gale Sayers.

Also, if he's a bust, then I think all Alex Smith supporters have become ostriches with their heads in the dirt never ever seeing this thread.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by Joecool:
He's not a bust but I think it's also safe to say what else he isn't that he was said to be coming out of college: Gale Sayers.

Also, if he's a bust, then I think all Alex Smith supporters have become ostriches with their heads in the dirt never ever seeing this thread.

If Bush is a bust, we need to invent a new word to describe what Alex Smith is.

If Bush put up the same numbers as a 9er and Frank Gore put up the same numbers as a Saint. This board would think Reggie Bush was 10x better. His injuries would be used as an excuse. Him sharing carries would be used as an excuse. Since the shoes aren't on the other foot. HERE WE ARE!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I say safe, because when I discuss this with friends, they get defensive.

He was picked number 2 overall, hasnt produced, and couldnt beat out pierre thomas and duece mccallsiter (sp?).

I mean, he hasnt done anything for a number 2 overall pick.

Yes I consider alex smith and vernon busts (but I still hope they can produce somehow)

Depends on the definition of bust. Is he a flat our failure? No but has he been the guy everyone thought he would be? Not at all. He's a good player for a team like the saints. To me he is a nice player to have but could easily win without him

Waitting for that perfect entrance! Subtle yet rectifyingly dramatic lol

If Bush put up the same numbers as a 9er and Frank Gore put up the same numbers as a Saint. This board would think Reggie Bush was 10x better. His injuries would be used as an excuse. Him sharing carries would be used as an excuse. Since the shoes aren't on the other foot. HERE WE ARE!

Bush's best year: 565 rushing averaging 3.6 per carry and 700+ (8.4 per catch).

Gore's best year: 1695 rushing (5.4 per carry) 485 receiving (8 ypc)

Gore is the man, I look forward to seeing quite similar stats this yr. Except I don't think he will get more then 1400 rushing!
all i know is that when he played against us, he killed us.

Originally posted by Daniel2778:
all i know is that when he played against us, he killed us.

And I believe it happened to be his break first break out game! Wasn't that before we got willis. The 2nd time he was pretty much kept under wraps by willis.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

You can look at the BEST YEARS all you want. Add them all up and you get.

Gore 99 yards pg, 26 td's in 59 games
Bush 83 yards pg, 24 td's in 38 games

I'm not trying to compare Gore and Bush head to head. As they are two totally different kind of players.

All I was saying at 1st was. How can Gore be top 10 (in 9er land). Yet Bush is a bust? When total yards per game aren't too far off. But Bush has 2 less td's in a season and a 1/3 less games.

my 2nd argument was just showing the homerism on this site. Anyone who doesn't think this board would say Bush was better than Gore if teams were changed and production was the same. Is probably a homer like i'm talking about.
Share 49ersWebzone