There are 233 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
my wife thinks hes a butterface

she loves his body but she said dude is ugly as f**k

she loves Alex doe

What she think of the legendary zac keasy n his golden locks of greatness? Lol jk
Frank Gore Thread......

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Frank Gore Thread......

Ha ha ha ha ha ha this pic would sooo work for a kwami harris thread! No offense to him in any way of course! Tho he beat up his lover
Man Gore is having a tremendous season. ESPN published an article today stating he is getting better at the age of 30 ,unheard of. Something that concerns me a bit though is this: Gore is on pace for 1,236 yards, 292 carries and 14 touchdowns. Remarkably, Gore is on pace for the most carries since he had 312 in 2006 -- at age 23.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Frank Gore, I hope we can restructure his contract and keep him here until he falls apart and win him not only one but multiple Super Bowls, then I want him as a coach, scout or something within the organization. With that said, this team is stacked at RB and I wish we would incorporate the other backs a bit more, especially Hunter. Not only to keep Gore fresh for the stretch run but to get these other guys used to carrying more of the load so they are ready when the time comes that Frank can't be the bell cow & to get Gore used to it for next year when we add Lattimore to the stable.

Thoughts?
Gore is a big pain in the rear end! The team keeps trying to ready a replacement and he just refuses to decline! What kind of team player is he? Dixon, Hunter, James, Lattimore...all sitting...waiting...so darn sad!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Gore is a big pain in the rear end! The team keeps trying to ready a replacement and he just refuses to decline! What kind of team player is he? Dixon, Hunter, James, Lattimore...all sitting...waiting...so darn sad!

Lulz.

Srsly, though... I think they been bringing Hunter along slow 'cause of his achilles. I think he'll be getting more carries after the bye. I'll state the obvious... he's looked more comfortable. I think he was a bit hesitant early in the season.

Gore had to beat out Barlow to get the starting job... he did it coming off surgery on both shoulders in '06. It's only fair that the other RBs on the roster show that they deserve to be on the field. I think Hunter has done that, but I'm not as confident in James. We'll see what we have in Lattimore next season. I'm rooting for the kid, but not expecting anything.

I'm actually a bit worried about what this offense would look like without Gore.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Lulz.

Srsly, though... I think they been bringing Hunter along slow 'cause of his achilles. I think he'll be getting more carries after the bye. I'll state the obvious... he's looked more comfortable. I think he was a bit hesitant early in the season.

Gore had to beat out Barlow to get the starting job... he did it coming off surgery on both shoulders in '06. It's only fair that the other RBs on the roster show that they deserve to be on the field. I think Hunter has done that, but I'm not as confident in James. We'll see what we have in Lattimore next season. I'm rooting for the kid, but not expecting anything.

I'm actually a bit worried about what this offense would look like without Gore.

All true! I was mocking myself as I've been posting for a couple of years that they need to find a replacement...guy just keeps proving me wrong! They keep running Hunter as if he were Gore...same type of runs and they just don't work with Hunter as he is a different type runner. He is so much more effective when running outside or with short passes. Perhaps his injury has slowed him down a tad? I think James is more similar to Gore as he can disappear into the line and pop out on the other side. Hunter runs more upright in the middle.
Lulz.

All true! I was mocking myself as I've been posting for a couple of years that they need to find a replacement...guy just keeps proving me wrong! They keep running Hunter as if he were Gore...same type of runs and they just don't work with Hunter as he is a different type runner. He is so much more effective when running outside or with short passes. Perhaps his injury has slowed him down a tad? I think James is more similar to Gore as he can disappear into the line and pop out on the other side. Hunter runs more upright in the middle.

Good point about bringing Hunter along slowly due to the injury. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he was running really well up the middle last year b4 the injury?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Frank Gore has multiple rushing TDs in each of last 2 games, only player in the NFL this season to have consecutive gms w/ 2 or more TD runs
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Well, you weren't the only one. It's been discussed for the past five seasons or so. While I never agreed that Gore should be traded or any of the other nonsense that was suggested, I have always been in favor of being prepared. Nothing wrong with thinking about the future while also adding depth for today.

I don't think anybody runs quite like Gore does. I think Hunter looked better running between the tackles his rookie year. I would attribute that to it being the first year the NFL saw the offense. Teams are crashing inside on defense and leaving single defenders to stop Kap on the option a lot this year. The line isn't creating the holes it did the last two seasons. Gore has been stuffed on many inside runs. Can't really expect the other backs to do much better.

The positive the team gets out of that is it's opened up the sidelines on some big outside runs. Kap and Hunter took advantage of that on Sunday. It also opens up the middle of the field on play action.

It just all centers around Gore being able to skate his way through the big uglies in the middle. Even if he's only getting a few yards, it keeps defenses honest. The second they relax, Gore slips through for 10-20 yards. I don't think we have another running back that can do that. IMO, Hunter doesn't have the vision and James doesn't have the patience. Lattimore actually seems the most likely to have the right qualities, but we have to wait and see if he can return to form.

I will miss Gore when he's gone.

Gore now leads the league in rushing TD's and is third in the league in rushing yardage. Amazing. At the age of 30, he's having a career year.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Good point about bringing Hunter along slowly due to the injury. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he was running really well up the middle last year b4 the injury?

Gore sinks his hips and disappears in traffic but Hunter stands tall. Just a different style and I love both.

Well, you weren't the only one. It's been discussed for the past five seasons or so. While I never agreed that Gore should be traded or any of the other nonsense that was suggested, I have always been in favor of being prepared. Nothing wrong with thinking about the future while also adding depth for today.

I don't think anybody runs quite like Gore does. I think Hunter looked better running between the tackles his rookie year. I would attribute that to it being the first year the NFL saw the offense. Teams are crashing inside on defense and leaving single defenders to stop Kap on the option a lot this year. The line isn't creating the holes it did the last two seasons. Gore has been stuffed on many inside runs. Can't really expect the other backs to do much better.

The positive the team gets out of that is it's opened up the sidelines on some big outside runs. Kap and Hunter took advantage of that on Sunday. It also opens up the middle of the field on play action.

It just all centers around Gore being able to skate his way through the big uglies in the middle. Even if he's only getting a few yards, it keeps defenses honest. The second they relax, Gore slips through for 10-20 yards. I don't think we have another running back that can do that. IMO, Hunter doesn't have the vision and James doesn't have the patience. Lattimore actually seems the most likely to have the right qualities, but we have to wait and see if he can return to form.

I've never wanted to trade Gore because I never want to trade a team player...sets a bad example for the younger guys. But I would have kept Ronnie Lott and Joe Montana way past their prime...so that's crazy...but loyal!

As I mentioned above, Gore sinks lower than almost any player I've watched and disappears. Then his legs keep churning and he pushes the pile until a tiny opening appears and it's off to the races! Just still can't believe he has been so healthy.
did they cut his old ass yet

It's going to be so weird watching this team without Gore. It will be like this year without Alex but like 10 fold that because of what Gore has done. Just hope he retires with us and we don't have to see him in another uniform. I don't want to think about that. Just not a lot of players that stay with their team throughout their career anymore. Becomes more and more rare; seems like their is less loyalty from both sides. Not to mention the pressure teams face these days with media at an all time peak. Look how our own fans wanted Gore gone years ago. Then once the media jumps on it it becomes a huge mess. That being said I think we will keep Frank around if he played cheap enough even if it was as a backup. If we have him splitting carries with Lattimore, Hunter and James say in 2014 or 2015 we can't be paying him 6+ million even if he deserves it. He's signed through next year at 6.45 million not sure if we would ask him to take a cut for the good of the team but he'd probably re-work it to do that. As for 2015 and beyond who knows if we re-sign him but if we would we couldn't pay him that 5-6 million especially if he becomes a backup. Hopefully he is happy with how much he has made and shows he is a team player and takes a dirt cheap salary to finish out with us. I'd hate to see him go sign elsewhere for 2015, 2016, etc for more money.
it will indeed be a sad day...hes carried this franchise his entire career through the good and bad. but with that being said he has enough left to make a few more good years out of this and hopefully atleast one ring
Share 49ersWebzone