There are 192 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I'm kind of worried that we may burn out gore before the post season. I know the guy is a machine but I think getting the other backs involved more will make him that much more effective come playoff time.

This worries me some too.
Though Roger Craig is the all time greatest RB in history, gotta say they is no way to not love Frank Gore and put him in the same car as Craig.

That said, yeah we need to keep him as rested as possible. Loved seeing Boogie in there this weekend and he was definitely bringing it.

He's quicker, more decisive, and better educated than he was. Boogie hurts when he hits.

Want to see him spell Gore more.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

The thing about Frank though is that he needs the extra carries to get into rhythm. We can't just bring him in on spot duty here and there, and then expect him to come in full time and be all world come playoffs. If he's banged up that's one thing but he's healthy right now and running like its easy and he's hungry so FEED HIM!! Please.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
The thing about Frank though is that he needs the extra carries to get into rhythm. We can't just bring him in on spot duty here and there, and then expect him to come in full time and be all world come playoffs. If he's banged up that's one thing but he's healthy right now and running like its easy and he's hungry so FEED HIM!! Please.

Good point actually. Performers need to perform.

Idk.... He's know spring chicken thats all I'm saying. RB's get worn down more than any other posistion. I'd like to see the wealth spread just a little bit more.
Idk.... He's know spring chicken thats all I'm saying. RB's get worn down more than any other posistion. I'd like to see the wealth spread just a little bit more.
Do you think the staff is gun shy of spelling Gore? Sure seems that way
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Do you think the staff is gun shy of spelling Gore? Sure seems that way

I think so. He gets the lions share of carries and I do agree it helps him get into the flow of the game better. But it seems we don't really trust any other rb's unless someone get's injured and is forced to play more. Gore is a beast and has the best vision i've seen since, Marcus Allen but I'd also like to see him close to 100% come january
I think so. He gets the lions share of carries and I do agree it helps him get into the flow of the game better. But it seems we don't really trust any other rb's unless someone get's injured and is forced to play more. Gore is a beast and has the best vision i've seen since, Marcus Allen but I'd also like to see him close to 100% come january
O.O I thought I was the only one who saw that. How naive of me lol. Yes, he feels the flow and sees the holes as before they develop and knows what to do when nothing arrives as well. Hits it hard but with a little more muscle than Allen but Allen did the same with a more fluid response and some glide.

Its funny. We all second guess the coaches but when one of our greats is off the field and the whole climate gets frigid we understand.

So then, we need some blowouts so we can rest Frankie.
Hunter will get his carries against the Jags...so will James and Dixon. I suspect we see very little of Gore Sunday.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Hunter will get his carries against the Jags...so will James and Dixon. I suspect we see very little of Gore Sunday.

hunter should get carries period. hunter is a very good back and a home run hitter. they are a lethal 1, 2 punch but we just use 1.

i would prefer we just use gore or hunter going forward period. either, or. no dixon unless we're up by 60

Originally posted by Bluesbro:

The Frank Gore Conundrum. Rhythm versus Fatigue.
The amount of carries frank is getting is fine. He is getting nowhere near the amount of carries he got earlier in his career. The fact is, we need gore in there most of the time. He is far and away the best on the roster at everything that is asked of a RB. If anything he needs MORE carries. Hes finally getting his goal line carries though which is good to see. Never understood taking Frank out at the goal line.
Interesting stat they put up during the game. Since 2005, Frank is 2nd in the NFL with 34 100 yard rushing games. Only Adrian Peterson has more (39).
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Interesting stat they put up during the game. Since 2005, Frank is 2nd in the NFL with 34 100 yard rushing games. Only Adrian Peterson has more (39).

Also, Frank has 7 rushes of 20 plus yards this yr - most in the nfl.

Alfred Morris and Terrelle Pryor are tied for second with five 20 yard plus rushes.

Brotha lynch is tied for 3rd amongst others with four.

This just shows that Frank has vision. Talk all you want about the 40 yard dash but it don't mean nothing!
Originally posted by rammer:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Also, Frank has 7 rushes of 20 plus yards this yr - most in the nfl.

Alfred Morris and Terrelle Pryor are tied for second with five 20 yard plus rushes.

Brotha lynch is tied for 3rd amongst others with four.

This just shows that Frank has vision. Talk all you want about the 40 yard dash but it don't mean nothing!

Gore has been amazing for us for yrs! Every yr people say he is done, and that badass mofo shows em to shut their mouths of that jibberish. Bad knees, stacked boxs, no help at (fill in o players) predictability, no break away speed, broken leg (hip), he is 28, 29, 30! This man just defies what the league seems to have disliked for yrs! Our leader, for yrs our lone brite spot on offense! Id love to see gore pull a curtis martin! Keep going like the energiser bunny........ Few yrs ago cj2k was the talk of the league! What has he done since!? Gore has been here yrly, producing, injured/healthy the works. tomlinson called em recently the consistent truth! And in the words of chris berman the inconvienient truth to the rest of league who has to face us and gore! 10,000 coming up soon and fast for gore! Hell yeah
Goniners

Frankie G's the man
Share 49ersWebzone