LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 160 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Berserker97:
He's back, will be better than 2006!!!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jim_trotter/05/29/rbs/index.html

I don't know...
It's hard to improve on 2180 Yscm and 373 touches.
He also averaged nearly five and half yards per carry that year.

I think he'll be effective but I doubt his productivity will be as high.
  • Berserker97
  • Info N/A
I think “on paper” he most certainly could have a better year. Not going to say the offensive line is better, but, it’s certainly not worse in my opinion. The passing game I think will be improved over 2006. Better receivers, improved and slightly more disciplined V.Davis, QB with more consistency in S.Hill, and did I mention better receivers? Also, I think our defense is improved over the 2006 version. Our schedule is nice over the first 5-6 games too, I like that for starting out.
  • Berserker97
  • Info N/A
excuse me, maybe not a better year (you're right, that was a great year in 2006), but, a comparitive year fo sho.
bump
when it comes to gore, you have to look beyond numbers. the fact that you literally have to cart this man off the field, or hide his helmet so he can't play is a testament to what he really means to this team. sure there are bigger, faster, and stronger backs out there but none of them get the respect that lil frankie gets. not just from his teamates, but from opposing teams as well. he is the epitome of what a real nfl player is. you can measure size/speed ratios, 40 times, and such but you CAN'T measure heart. thats what makes frank gore so special.
so Kalens a f**kin idiot and FRANK IS THE MAN! I Hope he stays healthy and he has a hell of a year!
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
I loved seeing those videos where he moved the whole pile across the goal line, or when you let down, and squirt! the dude is off to the races out the other side. Go Frank!
Thanks Gore for putting up 1 pro bowl year, a couple of real good ones, and basically being inept at scoring when your inside the ten yardline. Coffee, please relieve him of his redzone carries, now, right now.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Thanks Gore for putting up 1 pro bowl year, a couple of real good ones, and basically being inept at scoring when your inside the ten yardline. Coffee, please relieve him of his redzone carries, now, right now.

Is this post, and the rest of this thread for real?

I don't believe gore is an elite back, but he deserves more credit than people in this thread are giving him.
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Gore IS an elite back when he is not worn down or injured. That is why the team got him some help this year in Coffee.

• WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Some here think Gore is an elite back? Oops. Busted. I guess it's in the open now--we're fans.

Uh . . . so what are you?

Realistic? Intelligent? Knowledgeable?

I have to be those things everyday at work, family, elsewhere.

Here and during game time, I'm a fan--with an "F!"

I pulled this thread back out from May because I felt it appropriate. If you read my initial post, notch this performance at the top of that list.

Once again, a thanks to Frank Gore for being a true, hard-working talent.
bump
Gore is a beast. The thing I like most about him is his humbleness. Similiar to Barry Sanders, after a touchdown he doesn't do a wild, excessive celebration. Just handles his business with class. Hard to find this in the NFL nowadays.

I feel bad for the guy though. I have never seen a player get his ankel rolled more than Frank. Seems like at least a minor ankle issue every game. He usually takes himself out with a minor limp and comes back in after a couple plays. What heart this beast has.
I wanted him to break AP's record.
Share 49ersWebzone