There are 141 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore is a damn beast! I hope he can play as long as curtis martin :) hellyeah
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
I totally agree that Frank is our stud and at the top of the league in RB talent, but any stat that shows Shonn Greene near the top has something wrong with it. :)

They stacked the box on him not because he commanded such respect the way Gore does, but because they had Sanchez at QB. Why even defend the pass?

But let's be real here... teams used to stack the box on Gore because they didn't respect our passing game. We very rarely made them pay for it. Kaep will change that if they continue to do it.

The main thing that makes Gore great is the fact that stacking the box STILL didn't stop him.
[ Edited by 49erRider on May 9, 2013 at 7:17 AM ]
Curious...how many yds & TDs do you guys predict for Gore this season?
Originally posted by verb1der:

1123 yards and 7 TDs
Originally posted by real9erfan:

1123 yards and 7 TDs

Over 1k in yards!? That would surprise me. Hope you're right. I'm debating how high I should rank gore in my fantasy draft.

I'm predicting by mid-season, Hunter and LMJ will be eating up a lot of Gore's shares.

1123 yards and 7 TDs

injured reserved.

1123 yards and 7 TDs

Over 1k in yards!? That would surprise me. Hope you're right. I'm debating how high I should rank gore in my fantasy draft.

I'm predicting by mid-season, Hunter and LMJ will be eating up a lot of Gore's shares.

we've all seemed to underestimate what Gore will do year in and year out...dude is a monster
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

1123 yards and 7 TDs

we've all seemed to underestimate what Gore will do year in and year out...dude is a monster

I agree but he's not superhuman.

Think bout this...prior to Hunter's injury last season, him and Gore's production was almost a 50/50 split. 'm faithful Hunter will return 100% sometime this season, that coupled with LMJ's increased role in the offense, will amount to a huge chunk of Gore's production.

1123 yards and 7 TDs

Well last year he had 1214 yards, so I expect a slight dip, but I think precisely because Hunter and LMJ will be in a lot, Gore will remain fresh throughout the season, giving him a chance to rack up more yards when he does play.

1123 yards and 7 TDs

Think bout this...prior to Hunter's injury last season, him and Gore's production was almost a 50/50 split. 'm faithful Hunter will return 100% sometime this season, that coupled with LMJ's increased role in the offense, will amount to a huge chunk of Gore's production.

b******t...Gore is more than superhuman he carried this team through some s**tty years and his production hasn't wavered. With Hunter and James he will stay fresh throughout the season but he'll still have over 1000 yards barring injury

1123 yards and 7 TDs

b******t...Gore is more than superhuman he carried this team through some s**tty years and his production hasn't wavered. With Hunter and James he will stay fresh throughout the season but he'll still have over 1000 yards barring injury

Perhaps his body of work is superhuman, but I'm saying he's wearing down. Anyone who says he's still playing in his prime is in denial. I really hope he still gains over 1000 yards, but Gore's days as a bell cow are over. And IMHO, this offense is going to be a lot more dynamic this year than we've ever seen.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Perhaps his body of work is superhuman, but I'm saying he's wearing down. Anyone who says he's still playing in his prime is in denial. I really hope he still gains over 1000 yards, but Gore's days as a bell cow are over. And IMHO, this offense is going to be a lot more dynamic this year than we've ever seen.

Gore is still probably top 3 in the league at picking up 5-10 yards. He's definitely lost his burst, but between our line's blocking, and his vision, I think he can play at an elite level for maybe 3 more years. The reality is there are 2 very good and hungry backs behind him who are going to eat into his carries though. I think his YPC will stay right around 4.5/att., but his total number of carries will go down this year and next. If Hunter is healthy and 100% when the season rolls around I'd expect maybe a 45/35/20 split between Gore/Hunter/James, with James getting more reps on passing plays too.
Originally posted by Disp:

Gore is still probably top 3 in the league at picking up 5-10 yards. He's definitely lost his burst, but between our line's blocking, and his vision, I think he can play at an elite level for maybe 3 more years. The reality is there are 2 very good and hungry backs behind him who are going to eat into his carries though. I think his YPC will stay right around 4.5/att., but his total number of carries will go down this year and next. If Hunter is healthy and 100% when the season rolls around I'd expect maybe a 45/35/20 split between Gore/Hunter/James, with James getting more reps on passing plays too.

Sounds bout right!
Gore can still tote the pill and he is entering this season very motivated by those that say he can't. Our OL will only help our situation
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
thank you for bumping this thread. it has been a tough week with the hurts and its nice to remember we still got gore! and we will always be good as long as we have him. maybe the injuries to the wide outs, IF, they linger will FORCE roman to throw more screens to gore and james and hunter
Share 49ersWebzone