There are 238 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore is special. Greatest back in 49er history and he will get to 10000 yards with a Super Bowl ring
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Gore is special. Greatest back in 49er history and he will get to 10000 yards with a Super Bowl ring

YUP!!
Originally posted by bigwads:
wow...

If you can replace his production with cheaper players you do it. That's how you win superbowls.

now green bay and atlanta sure could have used a good running back but there weren't any Gores to be found. Our OL is chief but yet still Frank is the man and if we give him the ball in the final set of downs, we are Super Bowl champs

Amen to that. We got three yards on first down and have another 3 plays to go 5 and still need to run 1:30 off the clock....those last 3 plays will go down as the worst called possession in super bowl history.
Originally posted by LVJay:

YUP!!

What's the over/under on Gore's 40 time at this point in his career? 4.9?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Prolly so, but it's his vision/grind that makes his game so sick... no doubt he plays with bad ankles every year.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'd be ok paying Gore 8 million for all the b******t he had to put up with.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He's played behind mediocre O-Lines in the past. Runs between/underneath tackles with bunch of hogs ending up on top of him and he still pops right up for more. He has put his body through much abuse and sacrificed a lot (playing injured)... dude doesn't quit. He deserves every penny.
There was a very big difference between when Gore is in and when one of the others is running. Wish he could take it to the house a bit more, but soooo many of his 6 yard runs would be 1 yard runs for other guys.

I am convinced that if he had still been in on the 1st down from the 5 that LMJ got stuffed on the Niners win that game. Maybe he doesn't get in, but he gets a couple more yards and gives more options to the coaches (like Kap jumping over the line from the 2).

He had just had the huge run to get down there and took the next play off because he was winded from the big run.

Gore is worth every penny for another year, maybe this talk makes sense next off season if Hunter and LMJ continue to grow as backs (which I have every belief they will, not knocking them)
Originally posted by bigmur49:
There was a very big difference between when Gore is in and when one of the others is running. Wish he could take it to the house a bit more, but soooo many of his 6 yard runs would be 1 yard runs for other guys.

I am convinced that if he had still been in on the 1st down from the 5 that LMJ got stuffed on the Niners win that game. Maybe he doesn't get in, but he gets a couple more yards and gives more options to the coaches (like Kap jumping over the line from the 2).

He had just had the huge run to get down there and took the next play off because he was winded from the big run.

Gore is worth every penny for another year, maybe this talk makes sense next off season if Hunter and LMJ continue to grow as backs (which I have every belief they will, not knocking them)

And that is why after the long run I would not have minded a TO then to let the guys know that we have 7 yards to win the Super Bowl and we have the best OL, the best mobile QB, the pistol, read option, best blocking TEs, best jumbo personnel and a healthy Frank Gore. Give it to frank or Kaep 3 times and is all else fails, put Kaep is the gun on 4th down. I just don't think they could stop us on 3 downs from pounding in 7 yards with Ngata on the sideline. WTF were we thinking??
Go get 'em!

His first official tweet

@realfrankgore Whats good tweet world? Finally got one.

Not the best ever but I've seen worse. Looking at you dixon...
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Apr 29, 2013 at 8:23 PM ]
Weird, doesn't seem like the social media type. But I'll follow anyways.
Poor guy will go emo
Either... Frank uses grammar, and that blows my mind.

Or it is a fake account.

I'm guessing fake.
Share 49ersWebzone