There are 216 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Kaep had no chance. An offsides Ed reed coming in unblocked. It was doomed

Wait a minute. I thought those kind of plays is why we went to Kaep right. Alex could not get away from the rush but Kaep could cause hes fast and has more talent and can make something out of nothing. Now I'm told, if there is a free rusher, all bets are off? Okay.
no one can escape an off sides free rusher

sorry, but thats not what I was sold. You guys can make excuses for Kaep all you want but its still the same thing. One gets a pass when the protection sucks and the other gets blamed, kinda funny now.

And I'm not saying that Kaep should not be the starter cause I see the promise but to just let every mistake slide like its nothing is a bit much to take.

Frank plays a great game and is not even close to a reason why we lost. But somehow we are going to focus on him taking a different man on a blitz for our loss?

How bout in the 1st quarter when Kaep missed a wide open wr in the endzone for a sure TD. A huge mistake that cost us 4 points as we then had to kick a FG. Now that could have mattered egh? Whatever, lets keep the focus on anything and anybody other than Kaep.

It's on the coaches now and never was before even though some thought it was. Funny how things work. We lost due to Kaep's inexperience and the guys that called that out, kudos to you. You were 100% correct.

Wait a minute. I thought those kind of plays is why we went to Kaep right. Alex could not get away from the rush but Kaep could cause hes fast and has more talent and can make something out of nothing. Now I'm told, if there is a free rusher, all bets are off? Okay.

sorry, but thats not what I was sold. You guys can make excuses for Kaep all you want but its still the same thing. One gets a pass when the protection sucks and the other gets blamed, kinda funny now.

And I'm not saying that Kaep should not be the starter cause I see the promise but to just let every mistake slide like its nothing is a bit much to take.

Frank plays a great game and is not even close to a reason why we lost. But somehow we are going to focus on him taking a different man on a blitz for our loss?

How bout in the 1st quarter when Kaep missed a wide open wr in the endzone for a sure TD. A huge mistake that cost us 4 points as we then had to kick a FG. Now that could have mattered egh? Whatever, lets keep the focus on anything and anybody other than Kaep.

No one said what you are claiming. Kaep made mistakes. EVERYONE has concurred. But you are not criticizing Kap's mistakes as an objective evaluation of his play. You are attacking Kap because you want to imply that another QB should have been playing, when you know very well that our very presence in the Super Bowl would have been far far from guaranteed had Alex Smith been QB.

You are claiming that others want to brush off the mistakes made by Kaepernick, but the reality is that you want to brush off or dismiss some of his fantastic plays, which allowed us to even BE in the game. I haven't seen you once recognize the great plays that he made to bring us back. You just seem to rehash the same grievances you've had regarding the QB switch.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Isn't that the same as a QB that was picked #1 overall and kept the 49ers out of the playoffs for 6 years. Or what about a Qb that was bottom 10 in the NFL for most of his career but was taking up most of the salary cap?
Bumping this in honor of his stellar postseason. Truly heartbroken that the Niners couldn't provide this guy with a ring. A ring may have solidified his shot at the HOF.

Either way, cheers to him turning in the second best season of his career, having a lethal postseason, and finishing the season healthy!

And just think, 4 years ago people were saying he's "washed up".

As someone else said, in the annals of 49ers lore, outside of Joe, Steve, and Jerry; give me Frank Gore.
he'll get his ring and 1500 more yards next year
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
As someone else said, in the annals of 49ers lore, outside of Joe, Steve, and Jerry; give me Frank Gore.

This.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

kap is next
I know most zoners want no part of Gore getting cut or traded, but Baalke needs to force him to take a serious pay cut. No offense to Gore, but there are much better backs in the league (at this moment in time) making significantly less money than he does.

2013-$6,450,000
2014-$6,450,000

With all due respect to one of the greatest Niners of all time, his production can be more than made up by Hunter, James and Dixon. I would be limiting his snaps by 50% and asking him to drop his salary to $3.5 million or so. Steven Jackson just signed at $4 mill per with ATL.

Sorry gents, Gore's salary is a problem and it needs to be dealt with. I think everyone wants him in the locker room and for him to get a ring, but we need $3 mill of his salary for other people on the team.
Gore deserves that money but maybe we can get him to restructure to make it best for the cap. Lower his base salary and turn it into a bonus or something.

I'm more than fine with Frank's contract this year. After the SB, talk to him about taking a paycut, but until then we has deserved everything he is getting. He is one of the all-time niners.
wow...

If you can replace his production with cheaper players you do it. That's how you win superbowls.
Originally posted by bigwads:
wow...

If you can replace his production with cheaper players you do it. That's how you win superbowls.

now green bay and atlanta sure could have used a good running back but there weren't any Gores to be found. Our OL is chief but yet still Frank is the man and if we give him the ball in the final set of downs, we are Super Bowl champs
wow...

Here is why I disagree; If you treat one of your all-time greats horribly, you will lose credibility with other players. We can sign everyone we need to this year and leave Frank's money alone. After next year might be a different story, but we will see.
wow...

I'm not sticking a spear through the heart and sole of the team. If you want to do that to save money you can. Gore has a lot left in the tank; I think he has earned the right to go out on his terms and play for a SB these next two years. Not sure Hunter and James are fully ready to take the full load anyways. I would ask him after this year to restructure to do what's best for the cap and the team. You could do it before this year but after this year seems more appropriate.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone