LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 131 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Missin frank and joe.

Who likes this stinky club anyway.

and now the Jets have Frank and Joe. (Flacco that is lol)
Love to hear that it seems Gore is winning the starting job over Bell. He's been consistently getting more reps and it sounds like he got almost all the reps in their scrimmage today. Supposedly Bell was held out for hamstring tightness, but then he tweeted this.

Originally posted by maxsmart:
Frank is a no-brainer HOF'er. They recently put in several RB's far inferior to Frank:
Floyd Little 6300 career yards 3.9 YPC average
Terrel Davis 7600 career yards
Edge James 4 YPC was Gore's back-up

I dont think edgrin james ever backed up frank gore lol.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Frank is a no-brainer HOF'er. They recently put in several RB's far inferior to Frank:

At U of Miami
LOVE this clip
Originally posted by znk916:
Love to hear that it seems Gore is winning the starting job over Bell. He's been consistently getting more reps and it sounds like he got almost all the reps in their scrimmage today. Supposedly Bell was held out for hamstring tightness, but then he tweeted this.

This is awesome, no way the front office lets Gase start 37 year old Gore over big contract Bell, but it it sounds like Gore will be the #2 and will see plenty of playing time. Wasn't it 5 years ago we all said he's done? Here we are speculating that he might take Le'Veon Bell's job

They are probably just keeping Bell fresh. Gore isn't starting over Bell unless its injury related.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

They are probably just keeping Bell fresh. Gore isn't starting over Bell unless its injury related.

I wouldn't be so sure. Bell is a terrible fit for their scheme. Gore still knows how to run the quick trap game with the best of them.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I wouldn't be so sure. Bell is a terrible fit for their scheme. Gore still knows how to run the quick trap game with the best of them.

You are probably right but they will likely stll plug him in.

Its one of those situations where the coach needs to adjust to his star players in stead of the other way around.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by BMoore56:

At U of Miami

I'm just confused bc james was drafted in 1999 and Gore made his debut at miami in 2001. Out of the research I just did, I could not find gore and james on the same roster of any team. College or pros.
[ Edited by BMoore56 on Aug 27, 2020 at 11:30 AM ]

Originally posted by Waterbear:

You are probably right but they will likely stll plug him in.

Its one of those situations where the coach needs to adjust to his star players in stead of the other way around.

This is Adam Gase we're talking about right?
  • 91til
  • Veteran
If I was a jets fan I'd be so annoyed at Bell subtweeting after every single little thing
Originally posted by 91til:
If I was a jets fan I'd be so annoyed at Bell subtweeting after every single little thing

Like LaMicgael James did.
The Athletic's Connor Hughes writes Frank Gore has been "the most productive back" at Jets training camp.

"I know Le'Veon Bell is the all-pro, highest-paid, big-play guy with the all-world reputation," Hughes writes, "but the Jets are getting far more production out of Gore. He receives the handoff, finds the hole, then gets through. That's not the case with Bell." The Jets undoubtedly upgraded its talent in the trenches, signing Connor McGovern and George Fant on top of drafting Mekhi Becton with the No. 11 overall pick, but there are still concerns over cohesiveness given the lack of reps all will receive together in a shortened offseason. Bell will undoubtedly lead this backfield in touches, but Gore projects to do just enough to stifle any ceiling the former would otherwise offer.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
I love that man
Share 49ersWebzone