LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
My favorite 49er of All-Time, c'mon Frank!
Oh boy, that might've been the worst game I've seen him have since....week 1 lol.

But in all seriousness, he got badly outplayed by Singletary and he went 0-5 on short yardage plays. Frankie will always be my boy, but he's always been so-so in short yardage. If there is a hole he'll obviously find it, but there usually isn't and he doesn't go over the top and he doesn't look to bounce. Alot of times he'll just slam into the pile, but at 212 he's not big enough to push the pile in short yardage.

He's fallen off 1k yd pace now, and the Bills offense just looks better with Singletary in there. Josh Allen is more comfortable in spread formations like most young QBs, and they actively try to scheme Singletary into space and get him the ball in the passing game. I'm not convinced that he's better than Frank, but the way they use him and the way he fits the offense, it's hard not to make the case that Singletary should be their lead back.

On the bright side, looks like Frank might finally be headed back to the playoffs. Hopefully he still has a role when they get there.
He's got a decent shot at passing Barry Sanders today against the Browns.
Watching Frank waste away on yet another inept offense makes me depressed. The Bills have the pieces to be an average offense, but they've put way too much responsibility on Josh Allen and the results of been wildly inconsistent and mostly subpar. Looks like he's lost the lead role to Singletary over the past couple weeks, and the few attempts he's gotten are all in short yardage, which is killing his YPC. He'll pass Barry at some point this season but it's gonna take longer than expected. What worries me is if he gets phased out of the offense down the stretch, he'll have a hard time finding a job next season. I really hope we haven't seen the beginning of the end of him.
I just want three things for Frank right now.

1. To pass Barry.
2. To get to that 600+ rush yards mark again
3. Playoffs

Sincerely hope the Bills don't squander their opportunity. They've blown strong starts before, so I'm not convinced yet that they're a lock. They need to win at least 4 of the next 7, and it definitely won't be easy. The Patriots, red-hot Steelers, at Dallas, and the Ravens are all potential losses. You can't count out the danger in division games too. They still need to play the Jets and Dolphins again. They choked against Cleveland.

Please don't screw this up Buffalo.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

1. To pass Barry.
3. Playoffs

Sincerely hope the Bills don't squander their opportunity. They've blown strong starts before, so I'm not convinced yet that they're a lock. They need to win at least 4 of the next 7, and it definitely won't be easy. The Patriots, red-hot Steelers, at Dallas, and the Ravens are all potential losses. You can't count out the danger in division games too. They still need to play the Jets and Dolphins again. They choked against Cleveland.

Bills are the type of team that plays to the level of competition. The Browns loss was bad, but I think they will be able to steal one win down the stretch as an underdog.

With the way things are going, I don't think Frank will get much more than 50 carries down the stretch, if that. He needs to make the most of them if he wants to keep playing next year but the OC is not helping him out at all by running him into stacked boxes, leading the league at 41.44% according to nextgen stats.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing/2019/all#percent-eight-defenders
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

1. To pass Barry.
3. Playoffs

Bills are the type of team that plays to the level of competition. The Browns loss was bad, but I think they will be able to steal one win down the stretch as an underdog.

With the way things are going, I don't think Frank will get much more than 50 carries down the stretch, if that. He needs to make the most of them if he wants to keep playing next year but the OC is not helping him out at all by running him into stacked boxes, leading the league at 41.44% according to nextgen stats.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing/2019/all#percent-eight-defenders

Gore needs to just 22 yds/game over the next 7 to continue his 600+ rush yards streak. And needs 11 yds/game to pass Barry this year.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Our RBs coach is in his 70s. I hope Gore replaces him when he retires.
Gore returning to Miami next week and they have a poor rush defense, so it could be a good day for Frank.

Originally posted by GEEK:

Not sure gore as a coach would be the best idea
even if Gire
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
73 Yards
Frank Gore is an immortal.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by GEEK:

Not sure gore as a coach would be the best idea

I was under the impression that his post-career NFL involvement would likely be scout/front office related. Everyone had always said he has a real eye for talent and calling which players would have success in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone