LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Father time square up on Frank--got ran over.
Still got it

His longevity is amazing for anyone. Especially a guy with his injury history coming into the draft.
Originally posted by Since07:

Ah man the feelsz. Thanks for posting.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Greatest 9er of all time. ALL TIME!
Frank got the start over Shady today in the first preseason game. Apparently coach said they want to get a look at Frank, even though he has 14 years worth of tape as a pro.

I always thought that Frank was gonna be the starter sooner than later. Most Bills fans still haven't figured out that he's just flat out better than Shady.

Also not sure if anyone heard, but Frank said he'd play another year with the Bills if they wanted to bring him back. Which means he's definitely playing another year.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
His longevity is amazing for anyone. Especially a guy with his injury history coming into the draft.

Just goes to show....
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

I freaking love that guy. He will be my favorite Arby for ever! EVER!!!
Preseason is mostly nothing but run plays .Basically the defense is preparing for a run and to still get dominated is saying something.

Welcome to the annual training camp report on Frank Gore's legendary work ethic.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-preview/2019/8/15/20806627/frank-gore-buffalo-bill-miami-hurricanes-forever-football

Money quote from Fred Taylor: "I really think Frank wants to finish No. 1"

521 to Barry
1,978 to Walter
3,607 to Emmitt
Originally posted by znk916:
Welcome to the annual training camp report on Frank Gore's legendary work ethic.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-preview/2019/8/15/20806627/frank-gore-buffalo-bill-miami-hurricanes-forever-football

521 to Barry
1,978 to Walter
3,607 to Emmitt

If he plays 2 more seasons after this, maybe he catches Walter. Not sure Emmitt can be matched. Emmitt had 13 consecutive seasons with 900+ rushing yards. In fact, only one of his 15 seasons in the league was under 900 and that was because it was cut short by injury.
As unlikely as it seems, if anyone can break Emmitt Smith's record it's Frank Gore. He'll have to get the opportunities, but unfortunately the league's continual youth movement will likely get in the way.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

521 to Barry
1,978 to Walter
3,607 to Emmitt

If he plays 2 more seasons after this, maybe he catches Walter. Not sure Emmitt can be matched. Emmitt had 13 consecutive seasons with 900+ rushing yards. In fact, only one of his 15 seasons in the league was under 900 and that was because it was cut short by injury.

This year could be big for Frank if the Bills move on from Shady and go with Frank as the lead back. He could get 15 carries a game instead of 10 in a timeshare. I have a hard time believing that they truly think Shady is option 1A. They inherited him from the prior regime, and the past two years he hasn't been able to outplay Tolbert and Ivory, power backs on their last legs. Meanwhile Frank was keeping up with explosive backs like Mack and Drake, and Frank is the guy they wanted to bring in all along even before this year.

That offense is set up nicely for Frank to thrive. Daboll loves to run the ball and they invested pretty heavily in the OL this offseason. Good starters at all 5 spots and solid depth. Spain and Ford will be the best pair of guards he's had since prime Iupati/Boone. If Morse can stay healthy, that's an interior trio as good as any Frank has had.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

521 to Barry
1,978 to Walter
3,607 to Emmitt

This year could be big for Frank if the Bills move on from Shady and go with Frank as the lead back. He could get 15 carries a game instead of 10 in a timeshare. I have a hard time believing that they truly think Shady is option 1A. They inherited him from the prior regime, and the past two years he hasn't been able to outplay Tolbert and Ivory, power backs on their last legs. Meanwhile Frank was keeping up with explosive backs like Mack and Drake, and Frank is the guy they wanted to bring in all along even before this year.

That offense is set up nicely for Frank to thrive. Daboll loves to run the ball and they invested pretty heavily in the OL this offseason. Good starters at all 5 spots and solid depth. Spain and Ford will be the best pair of guards he's had since prime Iupati/Boone. If Morse can stay healthy, that's an interior trio as good as any Frank has had.

I think they should cut McCoy because Wade and Singletary are very capable backs. Singletary was my highest rated RB in the class.
Share 49ersWebzone