LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
speaking of regrets i had when i wore only the rose colored anything the niners do is awesome label.. disgracing frank and basically telling him he is done was terrible jed and trent.. and i went right along with it.. i am so sorry frank

you better be. one of the worst moves by the FO of the last 40 years. that's what paraag analytics does. keeps management from seeing the exceptions that prove the rule. there will always be a place on a professional football roster for Frank Gore. It's obvious.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
you better be. one of the worst moves by the FO of the last 40 years. that's what paraag analytics does. keeps management from seeing the exceptions that prove the rule. there will always be a place on a professional football roster for Frank Gore. It's obvious.

As long as he's willing to accept spots on mediocre to poor teams. He's not exactly signing deals with SB contenders. Better teams aren't going to tie themselves to a 36 year old RB.

It is what it is. He'll continue to pile up yards while his teams pile up losses. It would have been nice to see him in New England, with the Chargers, Chiefs, basically any high quality team but the Rams and Seahawks but I have a feeling that this is how the rest of his career will play out. Journeyman bouncing from one meh team to another.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
speaking of regrets i had when i wore only the rose colored anything the niners do is awesome label.. disgracing frank and basically telling him he is done was terrible jed and trent.. and i went right along with it.. i am so sorry frank

i said i was sorry
My favorite Niner of all time
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

As long as he's willing to accept spots on mediocre to poor teams. He's not exactly signing deals with SB contenders. Better teams aren't going to tie themselves to a 36 year old RB.

It is what it is. He'll continue to pile up yards while his teams pile up losses. It would have been nice to see him in New England, with the Chargers, Chiefs, basically any high quality team but the Rams and Seahawks but I have a feeling that this is how the rest of his career will play out. Journeyman bouncing from one meh team to another.
we disgraced him with our tepid offer. more proof that jed had no plan when he let jh leave.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Basically, no matter what opportunities he's given, he continues to play like a Top 5-10 RB in many categories.

Harbaugh was right, we should have kept him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Basically, no matter what opportunities he's given, he continues to play like a Top 5-10 RB in many categories.

alot of things we could have done different back then. that is why i do not trust jed and go by what i see done and not what any niner coach or gm says
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think you got it wrong. Frank could probably sign with a contender if he wanted to. There's hardly any commitment or cap risk to signing a cheap vet for one year. A couple years ago when they won the SB, the Eagles were one of the teams that were interested in trading for him (they ended up getting Ajayi) but Frank told the Colts not to trade him because he wanted to stay and fight to the bitter end with his team. That's the kind of guy he always has been. He's not a front runner, he's a competitor.

It kinda sucks he's become a nomad, but on the flip side it's cool that he's gotten the chance to earn the respect of other fanbases who never really got to see him play. I actually think there's a decent chance Buffalo may keep him beyond this year if he plays well. Their team and culture is built a lot like us under Harbs. The coach and GM love Frank (Shady said they wanted to get Frank a couple years ago, by trade I assume) and the OC Brian Daboll historically loves to run the ball. Shady's contract is up after this year, and I think Devin Singletary projects more as a committee back. One year at a time though, so far the early reports from minicamp sound like Frank's still got it.
[ Edited by znk916 on Jun 12, 2019 at 10:46 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

alot of things we could have done different back then. that is why i do not trust jed and go by what i see done and not what any niner coach or gm says

Pretty much the only person I have questions with on the team is Jed and Saleh. The others are passable to decent.
Originally posted by znk916:

In other words, over the last three years he's tied for the league lead in % of runs of at least 4 yds or more. Other guys tied with him include Bell, Kamara, McCaffrey and Zeke, guys who are all in the top 5 RB conversation. The difference is Frank put up his numbers on hard mode, running behind trash OL and playing with backup QBs.

So true. I was going to write the same damn thing

Needs only 522 yards to pass Barry Sanders and be #3 all time on the rushing yards list.
Needs only 522 yards to pass Barry Sanders and be #3 all time on the rushing yards list.

he got it...
Originally posted by Waterbear:

he got it...

would be so cool to accomplish that!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Pretty much the only person I have questions with on the team is Jed and Saleh. The others are passable to decent.
i totally get that.. yes. as you well know.. i went nuts thinking the niners would not sign jimmy to a deal. in my defense and i know its weak....... i just felt if anyone could mess up a good thing jed could and would cuz he has. i hope and trust we are on the upswing. but no matter.. i will resist any efforts to humanize jed today. my problem, not yours
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

he got it...

would be so cool to accomplish that!

wish he would do it in front of jed with trent in his suite watching
Share 49ersWebzone