LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Janitor:
His son just committed to FAU, so he'll be coached by Lane Kiffin

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9967824/5bb37931ff026619b85f3d96

Very interested to see how he develops. Shows good instincts running inside. More speed than power at this point, but he's still growing. Frank got a chance to work out with him last offseason, so hopefully he learned firsthand how hard his dad works and what it takes to be a pro.
Originally posted by znk916:
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9967824/5bb37931ff026619b85f3d96

Very interested to see how he develops. Shows good instincts running inside. More speed than power at this point, but he's still growing. Frank got a chance to work out with him last offseason, so hopefully he learned firsthand how hard his dad works and what it takes to be a pro.

Looks like he will be a good player.
That's just amazing, his son is going to college, and Gore is still playing football at RB

He has the same body language when running inside. Frank does the dip of one shoulder and stick up a hand when slipping by a defender-- signature Gore
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 8, 2019 at 7:52 AM ]
2023 draft is the earliest he can turn pro. Meanwhile, Frank is 3,607 yds away from tying Emmitt for the all time record, so he'll need around 900 more carries. He was on pace for about 180 carries last year in a timeshare, so that's about 5 more seasons which would also be 2023.

Can't wait!
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
2023 draft is the earliest he can turn pro. Meanwhile, Frank is 3,607 yds away from tying Emmitt for the all time record, so he'll need around 900 more carries. He was on pace for about 180 carries last year in a timeshare, so that's about 5 more seasons which would also be 2023.

Can't wait!
I love Frank but he ain't playing five more years.

Can't wait!

I like the way you think.

So Gore retired as a Niner. Becomes a Niner RB coach after Bobby Tuner retired. Niner draft Jr in the 3rd rd. Frank coaches his son under Kyle.

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jcs:
Gore is a first ballot HOFer....52 might not even get in...quit too young.

Retired. Chris Borland quit. Willis destroyed his feet playing his ass off for this franchise.
Call it what you want but quitting football at 30 when he could have clearly continued, while not at his peak level is not a retirement IMO like that of Joe or Gore or any other star that finishes their career in it's twilight.

Players say they will stop if they can't be the best anymore. Patrick Willis meant it. I gave no issues with it. It would be like Ali retiring after the Thrilla in Manilla. We only saw Patrick Willis at his best and have no other memory of him. I can live with that.
Originally posted by fropwns:

Why not? I get that it's one year at a time at this point and who knows if he fully recovers from last year's season ending foot injury. But it should be pretty clear by now that his work ethic and love for the game are the stuff of legends. If you look back at articles from when he first came out, you see the same stuff you hear from him now. He's always been supremely motivated by haters, whether football or academics, and he embraces competition.

Kenyan Drake busted out in 2017? Doesn't matter, Frank went to Miami and beat him out for the starting role. Shady McCoy trying to build his resume for the Hall? Frank gonna bust his ass and take his job too.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IT makes me wonder what teams see in Frank Gore now?

Originally posted by fropwns:

Why not? I get that it's one year at a time at this point and who knows if he fully recovers from last year's season ending foot injury. But it should be pretty clear by now that his work ethic and love for the game are the stuff of legends. If you look back at articles from when he first came out, you see the same stuff you hear from him now. He's always been supremely motivated by haters, whether football or academics, and he embraces competition.

Kenyan Drake busted out in 2017? Doesn't matter, Frank went to Miami and beat him out for the starting role. Shady McCoy trying to build his resume for the Hall? Frank gonna bust his ass and take his job too.

4 years from now Frank Gore will still be a decent flex option in fantasy.
Originally posted by 9moon:

In other words, over the last three years he's tied for the league lead in % of runs of at least 4 yds or more. Other guys tied with him include Bell, Kamara, McCaffrey and Zeke, guys who are all in the top 5 RB conversation. The difference is Frank put up his numbers on hard mode, running behind trash OL and playing with backup QBs.

In other words, over the last three years he's tied for the league lead in % of runs of at least 4 yds or more. Other guys tied with him include Bell, Kamara, McCaffrey and Zeke, guys who are all in the top 5 RB conversation. The difference is Frank put up his numbers on hard mode, running behind trash OL and playing with backup QBs.

[ Edited by Waterbear on Jun 11, 2019 at 12:03 AM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Basically, no matter what opportunities he's given, he continues to play like a Top 5-10 RB in many categories.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
speaking of regrets i had when i wore only the rose colored anything the niners do is awesome label.. disgracing frank and basically telling him he is done was terrible jed and trent.. and i went right along with it.. i am so sorry frank
Share 49ersWebzone