There are 212 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Team should try & trade for Adrian Peterson, and I'm not kidding. AP has 3 to 4 years max on his career too. Why not? Give the Vikings our 1st this year and a 2nd. We'd still have 4 picks from 62 thru 95.

lol. no.

1. we can't afford him
2. they won't trade him
3. we can't afford him
4. RB is the least of our worries
5. we can't afford him

i could be wrong but i believe elephant haley was also saying in another thread about trading for dez bryant. i get fantasy football is fun to play in your head, but dummy up, understand the way this front office operates. sign our own guys and get bargains like dorsey and skuta, thats whats up coming.
Whatever man. Frankie's blocking on passing downs is boss. And I ain't too sold on this Lattimore kid. And if Harbaugh insists on running the 21st version of Ditka's Chicago offense, this offense will need a beast of a running back.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Everyone is going to remember the 11 carries for 14 yards but there are circumstances around everything. Seattle was constantly in our backfield. Gore was playing with a broken hand. I think his carries will be reduced next year as we work Lattimore in. He isnt going to run for 1,000 but we wont need him to. he will get us 50 a game and pass protect. Next year is probably it though.

This and as Kap continues to improve, the 8 and 9 in the box situations will lessen. Gore is still a good runner and a great Back. The backs behind him will continue to get better because of him.
he needs to be kept to get over that 10 grand
Team should try & trade for Adrian Peterson, and I'm not kidding. AP has 3 to 4 years max on his career too. Why not? Give the Vikings our 1st this year and a 2nd. We'd still have 4 picks from 62 thru 95.

lol. no.

1. we can't afford him
2. they won't trade him
3. we can't afford him
5. we can't afford him

You forgot to mention that they won't trade him.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

lol. no.

1. we can't afford him
2. they won't trade him
3. we can't afford him
5. we can't afford him

And that we can't afford him.
Originally posted by NinerGod:

lol. no.

1. we can't afford him
2. they won't trade him
3. we can't afford him
5. we can't afford him

The Eagles might give up LeSean McCoy for that...or at least I wish. He'd be perfect in our offense!

lol. no.

1. we can't afford him
2. they won't trade him
3. we can't afford him
5. we can't afford him

I disagree. I think it is because we cannot afford him and they would not trade him in any event.
Gore will stay at least another year, at least until we know until we know what we have in Lattimore (maybe we already know?). Hunter and James aren't everydown backs, so it will be telling if we draft another RB high which I doubt we do.
Originally posted by Disp:
I think Gore is pretty much done. Yes, he had a couple huge clutch runs the last 6 or so games, but you take those out and he's averaging 2-3 yards per carry. I love the guy and what he's meant for the team, but I think he's holding the offense back at this point.

The same could be said for Marshawn Lynch. That's how it goes for many running backs. Gore is probably done as a running back that can CONSISTENTLY make something out of nothing. That doesn't mean he's done as a running back, which are two different things. See Kevan Barlow in 2-2005 for an idea of what it means to be done as a running back. Get us a good center where we can consistently get us a push up the middle and he can continue to be productive. What I would like to see that we have not seen yet is for his carries to be decreased. He shouldn't be getting more than 15 a game. Many people think that Kendall Hunter isn't the answer but we haven't seen him carry the ball enough to know that for certain. How many times have we seen Frank Gore (or even Marshawn Lynch for that matter) do TERRIBLE on their first 5 or so carries, only to get it going later on? Hunter needs to be given the ball 10 times a game on a regular basis and in some cases, even be the feature back (particularly where his speed can an asset).

• lod01
  • Veteran
They should cut him so a team that knows how to utilize a pass catching RB can get the most out of him.
Originally posted by lod01:
They should cut him so a team that knows how to utilize a pass catching RB can get the most out of him.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sreese:
The Eagles might give up LeSean McCoy for that...or at least I wish. He'd be perfect in our offense!

Send them LMJ.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

lol. no.

1. we can't afford him
2. they won't trade him
3. we can't afford him
5. we can't afford him

I disagree. I think it is because we cannot afford him and they would not trade him in any event.

You have a point. Still, we just might not need another HB with the talent we have in the backfield right now.
Gore,Hunter,LMJ,Dixon

one of these guys is leaving, maybe two
Share 49ersWebzone