There are 254 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love Gore, but we just can't afford his contract. We need to look to the future and develop the young guys. If Joe, Jerry and Lott can be traded/released so can Gore.

Also, I don't care how good his vision is, if we can only use him up the middle, he wont be effective against good run Ds.
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:
I love Gore, but we just can't afford his contract. We need to look to the future and develop the young guys. If Joe, Jerry and Lott can be traded/released so can Gore.

Also, I don't care how good his vision is, if we can only use him up the middle, he wont be effective against good run Ds.

When they actually run him off guard and off tackle he makes some plays. Up the middle isn't all he has, even if that is where the bulk of his runs go.
Gore is getting older and can still be effective but the coaching staff used him wrong. They ran him into the ground early in the season. Next season really should be a legit 2 RB system. If we get what we hope from Lattimore, he and Gore should be getting the same amount of touches or close to it. Something like what Cinci was doing with Green-Ellis and Bernard. Gore still has a lot in the tank but its not enough to carrie a team for a season, or at least a team this run heavy.
One more year and hope lattimore is the real deal.
Originally posted by xela510:
Gore is getting older and can still be effective but the coaching staff used him wrong. They ran him into the ground early in the season. Next season really should be a legit 2 RB system. If we get what we hope from Lattimore, he and Gore should be getting the same amount of touches or close to it. Something like what Cinci was doing with Green-Ellis and Bernard. Gore still has a lot in the tank but its not enough to carrie a team for a season, or at least a team this run heavy.

Yeah. I feel we really took a step back this season in that department. I thought for sure it would be 50 percent Gore and the rest split between Hunter and LMJ. You would think the fact that we had a weak WR core early would mean we would split the load with our run heavy offense. Instead, we used a 30 year old RB like he is a second year player. Which wouldn't be all that bad if Hunter and LMJ didn't prove the year before that they are more than capable.
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:
Yeah. I feel we really took a step back this season in that department. I thought for sure it would be 50 percent Gore and the rest split between Hunter and LMJ. You would think the fact that we had a weak WR core early would mean we would split the load with our run heavy offense. Instead, we used a 30 year old RB like he is a second year player. Which wouldn't be all that bad if Hunter and LMJ didn't prove the year before that they are more than capable.

That is the truth. The lack of Hunter this season was a huge disappointment. He needs more play and proved it in Gore's absence over the last two seasons.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Leftys Sports ‏@LeftysSports

After suffering a broken hand early in yesterday's game, Frank Gore continued to play his heart out...

Tonight with his broken hand, Frank Gore shook hands, signed autographs and met over 250 of his loyal fans.

We are told that Frank Gore will have surgery tomorrow on his hand and hopes to be back in his Niner uniform later this year! #ClassAct
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 20, 2014 at 8:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Leftys Sports ‏@LeftysSports

After suffering a broken hand early in yesterday's game, Frank Gore continued to play his heart out...

Tonight with his broken hand, Frank Gore shook hands, signed autographs and met over 250 of his loyal fans.

We are told that Frank Gore will have surgery tomorrow on his hand and hopes to be back in his Niner uniform later this year! #ClassAct

Damn I didn't know that. If we would of won we would of been limping into the super bowl
It's time to revamp the run game in general. Without the threat of Kap running the run game in my opinion wasn't as dominant as in years past. It's time to move on from Goodwin (who gets ZERO push up front), look at drafting a road grading O-lineman to help pave the way for our future runner. I believe Gore can still be a productive back, but no longer a featured back. His vision is better than any runner in the league, but his physical skills are not what they once were. Either draft another rb or pray the Lattimore will be the answer. Either way we have to revamp the ground game. Kap will continue to grow as a passer, but our identity/bread n butter is running the football.
You know, when we signed Brandon Jacobs last year (before he got hurt and got an attitude) I had a grand vision of what we could do:

Rotate through Hunter and Jacobs early in the game to wear the defense down. Just keep pounding away. Then, as the defense starts to tire, you mix in a fresh Gore. Then, after Gore has started gashing the gassed D, you start taking shots downfield. It keeps our best back fresh and dangerous, sets up the playaction passing game, all kinds of great stuff.

...then we never did it.
[ Edited by swayze on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:54 PM ]

he played yesterday with a broken hand.

a

broken

hand.
Gore will rush for 2,000 yards next season
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
he played yesterday with a broken hand.

a

broken

hand.

what a beast. this dudes heart cant be matched
Definitely knew something wasn't right with him late in the game. At one point, they showed him running off the field waving to get someone in for him and Hunter then played a bunch of downs. I thought it was unusual for Gore to do that but he came back in later and caught that 17yd pass so I thought maybe it was a stinger or something. Broken hand,,,,dude's a warrior.

And yea, hate to say it but kinda glad we didn't win. With the injuries to Bowman, Iupati, Gore and Staley (suffered a broken thumb in the 1st qtr), we would've been in a real tough spot against Denver.
Are you telling me a broken hand caught 4th and 2 on that final drive??

Share 49ersWebzone