LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hope gore still plays another 2 years, if he can get 1400 more yards he'll finish in the top ten all time rushing leaders.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/12/16/gore-a-future-hall-of-famer-harbaugh-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

So just saw on the 49ersWZ home page and article Mercury news that Jim thinks Gore will be a Hall-of-famer.

I think Gore will need to get to another SB or even get a SB win in order to get him in. What say you. I mean Roger Craig still is not in so....
Originally posted by AZ9er:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/12/16/gore-a-future-hall-of-famer-harbaugh-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

So just saw on the 49ersWZ home page and article Mercury news that Jim thinks Gore will be a Hall-of-famer.

I think Gore will need to get to another SB or even get a SB win in order to get him in. What say you. I mean Roger Craig still is not in so....

Very doubtful... if he can get to 10k and get a SB, maybe even a SB MVP, then maybe.... still very doubtful though.

Solid career, but can't see him getting in. A couple thousand yard seasons, a superbowl or two and MAYBE he gets in
[ Edited by socalniner on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM ]
Originally posted by socalniner:

Solid career, but can't see him getting in. A couple thousand yard seasons, a superbowl or two and MAYBE he gets in

He gets in for sure with 12000 yards. He is a top three RB of his generation. He gets a SB win, and he is a lock, especially if he some how managed to get an MVP nod in the process. Not many RB's coming into todays NFL are ever gonna even come close to sniffing 10,000 yards. He passes Faulk, which i think he will since he still has a few more years on the tires, he gets in without a SB.

Regardless of what some people around here think, Gore will still be the best RB on the roster next season. I love Lattimore, but he has a lot to prove before he takes over as the #1 of this backfield.
if we get the 6th seed, its the quest for 6 and gore got a 6 on his wonderlic!!! illuminati
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Will the 49ers retire #21 when it's all said and done?
Originally posted by GEEK:

For Deion? yeah probably
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

For Deion? yeah probably

i was thinking more along the lines of rw mcquarters

should be the first jersey retired at the new stadium when gore calls it quits
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

I hope the new stadium has a ring of honor
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

I hope the new stadium has a ring of honor

Brian Jennings will be the first inductee.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
First let me say I know Frank Gore is a great RB and I'm not dissing him in anyway..Watching him the last few games I can't say I've see him running with the same burst or vision he normally has. I see him stutter step and dancing more and more. I'm not sure if its the o-line not creating the gaps ,or if Gore has lost step , or maybe tired and wore from a hard season .. Personally I would like to see Harbaugh/Roman utilize Hunter,Dixon, LMJ, a little more and keep Gore as fresh and effective as possible .
Originally posted by dugo:
First let me say I know Frank Gore is a great RB and I'm not dissing him in anyway..Watching him the last few games I can't say I've see him running with the same burst or vision he normally has. I see him stutter step and dancing more and more. I'm not sure if its the o-line not creating the gaps ,or if Gore has lost step , or maybe tired and wore from a hard season .. Personally I would like to see Harbaugh/Roman utilize Hunter,Dixon, LMJ, a little more and keep Gore as fresh and effective as possible .

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, but we keep hearing this about Gore at some point during the season for the last 4 years. He hasn't lost a thing. I will say I'd like to see them use Hunter and LMJ more solely because they can potentially break off some bigger gains than what Gore would. I'd split the carries evenly in the first half and then pound a defense with Gore when we get a decent lead.
Share 49ersWebzone