LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ballistic:
anyone else notice why Frank isn't getting as many catches out of the backfield anymore? (330 career receptions, but just 15 this season)

I noticed THAT he isn't getting many catches as in times past, but have no idea why?Running backs were an integral part of Bill Walsh's passing attack and it mystifies me that we don't use them (Frank) much. God knows our passing game needs a transfusion.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
anyone else notice why Frank isn't getting as many catches out of the backfield anymore? (330 career receptions, but just 15 this season)

Alex CheckDown Smith is no longer the QB.

Probably due to the scheme. Gore's reception totals really dropped off starting in 2011. This offense just doesn't place an emphasis on the backs in the passing game. At least it's less wear and tear on Gore. He can save whatever gas he has left on running the ball.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i kinda knew he would get caught from behind. for the first 30 yards i was like yeah! go frank! then i was like s**t he just hit his top speed lol. frank is still the f**kin man tho.

In a way it worked out for the best because if he had scored, Seattle would have had plenty of time to march down the field. Anytime you have a Russell Wilson (one who's capable to running around and find open receivers) there's a better than an even chance that he moves the ball for the final score.

With someone like him, you want to give him as little time as possible and so it worked out nicely. CONGRATS 9er's!

Seattle SHOULD have let him score so that they can get the ball with enough time to do something. Something they'll be mulling for a while.

But ...! There's always a but ... Frank Gore COULD have gone down on purpose knowing that the clock was on their side.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM ]
Congrats to Frank for going over 1000 yards for seventh time.
frank gore, now more than ever is the inconvenient truth. nobody wants to give this guy credit and people say hes washed up but he puts the team on his back every week. congrats on another monster season Frankie boy!!!
I don't think it's been mentioned, but he's now past Joe Perry's yardage totals even if you include the AAFC years. 9856 > 9723
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yes, we don't want any of those silly check-downs...they never amount to anything!

That said--Gore is not the receiving threat that Charles is, so perhaps the 9ers are correct to limit his catches and use him more for running. He is good, though, and really think it would help CK and the team to give him more targets.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 15, 2013 at 5:57 PM ]

It stopped when Harbaugh became our coach. He went from 46 receptions to 17.

Originally posted by tjd808185:

It stopped when Harbaugh became our coach. He went from 46 receptions to 17.

True. But we scored more so ...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
how bout that tight rope walk by Frankie yesterday. wooooooooooooooooo

That was nice!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

That was nice!

With the exception of the laser throw to Crabtree on that 3rd down this was probably the play that made me freak out the most during the game. Such a great run.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i was like, "HOW HE DO DAT!?"

Share 49ersWebzone