There are 284 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bigwads:
OFFICIAL: FRANK GORE NEEDS TO GO

I really don't care about the backlash anymore, but Frank's time as a 49er needs to just end already. Frankly, if he were trying out as an undrafted FA, he would not even make an NFL roster. He would also run a 40 time over 5 seconds, seriously.

A big part of the problem with our running game is Frank simply does not threaten the edges of a defense at all and it is killing our running game. After reviewing the Seattle game again, there are a number of runs that Gore could have easily broken to the outside for huge gains, but he so damn slow he doesn't even try-and rightly so.

I know this topic is simply taboo for a lot of fans, but it is reality. The irony is I think that Gore is so good at squeezing through tight holes that it masks a lot of the deficiencies in our running game too, so this is a double edge sword. The fact is our interior line play $ucking sucks and has all year. They get no push at all...none of them. Goodwin is downright horrible. Snyder never could run block and he still can't. Iupati was horrible all year. The advanced stats on ProFootball Talk validate all of this too, so this is just factual. Kap artificially inflates our running numbers every game also masking the realities of our dire running game.

I'm sorry gents but our running game is horrible. Against playoff caliber teams our running game is not going to work at all. It didn't work last year, but the new read option saved us in the playoffs...that won't happen again. This problem is bigger than Gore, but Gore is a part of the problem. His lack of speed is simply embarrassing.

Probably the best defense in the league... Gore's 51 yd run won the game, and his savvy to get down before going out of bounds is priceless... sorry dude, you're way off base.
At first I figured this was bumped from an old thread, to force someone to eat crow because of what Gore just did, but then I looked at the date and I couldn't believe it. I guess it's not surprising for the Webzone though.

We probably have more running yards for loss then any other team in the league. Kap, Hunter, Gore, Miller, everybody getting hit behind the line, that is obviously not on the players. The other team knows it's coming and they're hitting our gaps. EVERYBODY is getting stuffed at the line, not just Gore.

I really don't care about the backlash anymore, but Frank's time as a 49er needs to just end already. Frankly, if he were trying out as an undrafted FA, he would not even make an NFL roster. He would also run a 40 time over 5 seconds, seriously.

A big part of the problem with our running game is Frank simply does not threaten the edges of a defense at all and it is killing our running game. After reviewing the Seattle game again, there are a number of runs that Gore could have easily broken to the outside for huge gains, but he so damn slow he doesn't even try-and rightly so.

I know this topic is simply taboo for a lot of fans, but it is reality. The irony is I think that Gore is so good at squeezing through tight holes that it masks a lot of the deficiencies in our running game too, so this is a double edge sword. The fact is our interior line play $ucking sucks and has all year. They get no push at all...none of them. Goodwin is downright horrible. Snyder never could run block and he still can't. Iupati was horrible all year. The advanced stats on ProFootball Talk validate all of this too, so this is just factual. Kap artificially inflates our running numbers every game also masking the realities of our dire running game.

I'm sorry gents but our running game is horrible. Against playoff caliber teams our running game is not going to work at all. It didn't work last year, but the new read option saved us in the playoffs...that won't happen again. This problem is bigger than Gore, but Gore is a part of the problem. His lack of speed is simply embarrassing.

Why is Frank's lack of home run speed a problem now? He's been that way for several years. Did you want him gone when he was 26 years old too? He's still averaging 4.2 yards per carry. A very healthy number, and one that has been negatively impacted by poor run blocking, which you mentioned via PFF stats.

I certainly get your point, Gore is not going to bounce runs to the outside and beat people to the corner. But he's never really been able to do that. For years we've heard Frank's style is to keep grinding, and eventually he's going to break off a big run. He's also the best blocking, blitz pick-up back in the league.

He's still the same guy. He's a between the tackles runner. His vision, patience, and quick feet are extraordinary. There is a reason why he's averaging 4+ ypc when most 30 year old backs with his mileage fall off a cliff.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM ]
Gore has no afterburner. He hits his top speed and that's it. He can't out run a speedy DB, but he can certainly run past them.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Gore has no afterburner. He hits his top speed and that's it. He can't out run a speedy DB, but he can certainly run past them.

Yup. His burst and acceleration in short areas is still very good.
what he lacks in break away speed he more than makes up for with his vision. hes still a 1,000 yard back and is still our best option. If we get a ring this year he will probably retire but if he does come back we will be productive as long as we can give him some breaks with hunter and lattimore.
Gore isn't Chris Johnson, but he's probably faster then Marshawn Lynch. I don't understand why this is coming up now.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I was pissed he didn't score.
cant forget about his pass protection either. Dude is phenomenal
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Gore isn't Chris Johnson, but he's probably faster then Marshawn Lynch. I don't understand why this is coming up now.

because people are dip s**ts.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mattster03:
Ok... just made it slightly better:

The look on Chump Sherman's face is hilarious though.

You might be right about that. Gore has better burst and gets to top speed quicker, that's for sure. Lynch is just a bull, yards after contact demon.

Lynch's longest run on the year is 43 yards BTW. Gore's 51 yard run just beat that team. Gore's speed is good enough.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by mattster03:
Ok... just made it slightly better:

The look on Chump Sherman's face is hilarious though.

he was thinking about goodburgers when gore ran past him
At first I figured this was bumped from an old thread, to force someone to eat crow because of what Gore just did, but then I looked at the date and I couldn't believe it. I guess it's not surprising for the Webzone though.

We probably have more running yards for loss then any other team in the league. Kap, Hunter, Gore, Miller, everybody getting hit behind the line, that is obviously not on the players. The other team knows it's coming and they're hitting our gaps. EVERYBODY is getting stuffed at the line, not just Gore.

That was exactly my response. Wow.

id rather frank stays and you go
Share 49ersWebzone