LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Here's that awesome photo I referred to earlier, courtesy Randall Benton of the Sacramento Bee:

Great photo
I thought.... no way is he outrunning Sherman and Thomas. But I was pretty glad to have a smart vet like Gore run down there and go down in bounds.

Amazing cutback and amazing smarts and awareness. Gore is a stud.
It was badly needed because I wasn't sure that Kaep would have been able to move the ball down the field enough for the field goal.

But thats how the game goes, sometimes it goes you way and other times not and without the help of the 12th man (which should be disallowed), it was a nice feeling when we now know that the 49er's can play and beat a good team on an EVEN field.

It used to be that the refs controlled crowd noise, but somewhere along the line the rules changed. I really do feel that they should bring that rule back in (penalty if the crowd is too noisy), because I don't think that it's part of the game. If that's the case why don't the other team's fans bring in their BOOM BOXES and even the score in those stadiums where the crowd can't generate enough noise. ie: Outdoor stadiums.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Here's that awesome photo I referred to earlier, courtesy Randall Benton of the Sacramento Bee:

Great photo

haha yeah you can almost see Thomas and Sherman saying "oh s**t" at the same time.
Oh s**t go Frank.... GO FRANK!?!?!?!? GO FRANK! (Started jumping up and down) GO FRANK! GO FRANK!! GO!!!! GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, RUN MOTHAF*CKA THEY CHASIN YOU!!! RUN MOTHAF*CKA THEY CATCHIN YOU!!!!! GET DOWN IN BOUNDS!!!! YEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*High Five everyone in the room*

*Leave to get some soda*

*Come back in the room*

F*CK THE SEAHAWKS, F*CK RICHARD SHERMAN, F*CK SEATTLE, F*CK THE ENTIRE STATE OF WASHINGTON... THIS IS MY CITY, GET THE F*CK OUTTA THE BAY!

That's probably the watered down version of what I did after that play.
Pooped my pants.
Originally posted by 4ML:

That is brilliant. I bet only AP and McCoy make that same cut. The vision is uncanny.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
I reacted as I always do, say every curse word I know, even if none of it makes sense.

Followed by: "Wait, are there any flags?"

Frank has the focus and power of Bruce Lee!
"The dragon whips his tail and delivers a knockout blow to the mighty Seachicken."
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
had to change my boxers after that
the first words that came out my motuh were

" he's going to get run down"

i was right lol....always does

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kelvin:
I screamed so loud and so long, that my guests (Seahawks fans) were ready to leave. No voice today!

i kinda knew he would get caught from behind. for the first 30 yards i was like yeah! go frank! then i was like s**t he just hit his top speed lol. frank is still the f**kin man tho.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i kinda knew he would get caught from behind. for the first 30 yards i was like yeah! go frank! then i was like s**t he just hit his top speed lol. frank is still the f**kin man tho.

He slows down to avoid fumbling. In previous years he would just run straight and never look back, now he is always turning his head, and slowing himself down. It turned out to be the best situation, because if he scored the TD, the Seahawks would have had time to win or tie the game.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

He slows down to avoid fumbling. In previous years he would just run straight and never look back, now he is always turning his head, and slowing himself down. It turned out to be the best situation, because if he scored the TD, the Seahawks would have had time to win or tie the game.

i know it was a good call to kill the clock but if that was the intension he couldve gotten inside the 10 or something. gore never had the break away speed, hes just a great back with good vision but hes got no top speed. he is better at ball control lately but he held it out a few times yesterday that made me nervous and he fell really awkwardly on that run
I screamed loudly, jumped up and fisted the air two or three times. I'm not ashamed of it either. I'm pretty sure I said "f**k yes" once or twice... or eleven times.
Share 49ersWebzone