There are 245 users in the forums

Housh: Seahawks Are Going To Be 'Real' Good

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by yoda76:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Talk is cheap, training camp hasn't even started yet.

Exactly....Kevin Smith also said the Lions would make the playoffs this year!

But the Seahawks will be better than last year on offense...but they still haven't addressed their biggest weakness.....the running game.

idk why ppl keep saying that , dont they got julius jones? lol
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
What's he supposed to say "Jeez after seeing these guys up close, I really regret signing here. I don't see how we'll be competitive. I wouldn't bother buying tickets for us"? It's always the same.
i think well beat em in the first game which is game 2 of the season. only because singletary probably wants payback from the embarrassing lost at home last year and also we will probably be coming off a lost in arizona and its our home opener so i just dont see us losing to them.
  • yoda76
  • Info N/A
Every team in the NFC West has huge QB questions that will determine how well they do this season.

Warner---Has never finished 2 full seasons in a row in his career. Can he this year?
Hasselback--How does his back hold up and will Walter Jones be able to protect him?
Bulger---Can he stay upright?
Smith/Hill---Is either one a legit NFL starting QB?

So IMO every team in our division is crossing their fingers in regards to their starting QB in one way or the other. But if any team could lose their starter and still play decent enough to win some games...I think it's us with either Smith or Hill coming off the bench. If the other teams lose their starter they are totally screwed.
houshmazilly. we don't believe you. you need more people
they've got a monster pass rush to cope with their average secondary. DO NOT under estimate any of the nfc west rivals.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by yoda76:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Talk is cheap, training camp hasn't even started yet.

Exactly....Kevin Smith also said the Lions would make the playoffs this year!

But the Seahawks will be better than last year on offense...but they still haven't addressed their biggest weakness.....the running game.

idk why ppl keep saying that , dont they got julius jones? lol

Julius Jones is washed up garbage.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
the seahawks are the underdogs this year.. they're getting back hasselback, they've signed housh, drafted curry, traded for redding, and re-signed hill.. those are all HUGE moves and could possibly help them win the division..

Yeah they will be a tough team again especially if they stay healthy. The first two games this season will be a very good yard stick for the 49ERS.

------And I don't base any of this on what Housh says before they even have TC or put on the pads.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on May 15, 2009 at 12:59 AM ]
Nearly every team says this. We always hear it. Players saying "We're going to be real good." But it doesn't always happen that way.

We'll see how things pan out when the season comes.
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Seattle Times - Seahawks receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh has yet to play a game for the team, but is already predicting big things for the club in 2009.

"We're going to be good," Houshmandzadeh told Mitch Levy on KJR-AM on Tuesday morning.

Levy questioned the remark, and Houshmandzadeh took it a step further.

"Real good," Houshmandzadeh said. "Everybody stays healthy, ah man. We're going to be something special. The talent we have on this team and then coach Mora brings everything together just right. Cool dude. Not because I just got there, but everything I've seen from Jim Mora has showed me that we're going to be really good just the way he relates to the players. The other coaches he has on the staff, Greg Knapp, ah man, I couldn't believe it. Just being around him the short period of time I've been around him, I'm surprised his name hasn't been brought up for a head coach.

"Gus Bradley wants around the building with a smile on his face. High energy. We're going to be good. I can't wait to smack some people in the face. They didn't put us on TV so when we start running through everybody like a wet paper bag, don't flex us in late in the season when we're the best.

"Don't flex us in, we'll have our coming-out party in the playoffs."
Link

No you're not.

Haha, I think they're gonna suck royal balls this year.

Originally posted by foreign49er:
One things for sure, the NFC West is going to much, much more competitive. We didn't exactly crush the Seahawks this year either, with a healthy set of receivers they might be better than you think...

Well with a healthy Gore and a starting QB NOT NAMED O'SULLIVAN we will dispatch them 2 out of 2 games. Even if we split, we will do better against all other teams similar on the schedule so im not worried at all
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
1. Can Hasselbeck stay healthy?
2. How many games Beanie Wells will stay healthy?
3. Does Well's ankles matter without a good OL?
4. Can Curry get after the QB like JP?
5. Do they have a secondary?
6. Mora is their coach?

I think the wear and tear on Hasselback is a real concern for the Seahawks.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
They lost their best defender via trade, their secondary has lost a step, their best offensive weapon has a f*cked up back, and their coach is marginal at best.

The shehawks are f*cked six ways to Sunday.

I like it.
We'll see opening day. TJ meet Nate and then Willis.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Seattle Times - Seahawks receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh has yet to play a game for the team, but is already predicting big things for the club in 2009.

"We're going to be good," Houshmandzadeh told Mitch Levy on KJR-AM on Tuesday morning.

Levy questioned the remark, and Houshmandzadeh took it a step further.

"Real good," Houshmandzadeh said. "Everybody stays healthy, ah man. We're going to be something special. The talent we have on this team and then coach Mora brings everything together just right. Cool dude. Not because I just got there, but everything I've seen from Jim Mora has showed me that we're going to be really good just the way he relates to the players. The other coaches he has on the staff, Greg Knapp, ah man, I couldn't believe it. Just being around him the short period of time I've been around him, I'm surprised his name hasn't been brought up for a head coach.

"Gus Bradley wants around the building with a smile on his face. High energy. We're going to be good. I can't wait to smack some people in the face. They didn't put us on TV so when we start running through everybody like a wet paper bag, don't flex us in late in the season when we're the best.

"Don't flex us in, we'll have our coming-out party in the playoffs."
Link

No you're not.

WE WELCOME THE CHASE
Share 49ersWebzone