LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 303 users in the forums

Favorite Dallas Cowboys Moments From the Last 30 Years

Shop 49ers game tickets

Favorite Dallas Cowboys Moments From the Last 30 Years

Quote:
Haynesworth Stomping Cowboys' Center Andre Gurode's Head

I think this needs to be removed. It was a disgusting act, and I would never cheer someone's face getting stomped by cleats, even if they play for the boys.

The rest of those selections are all awesome though.
honorable mention when jose cortez almost got his ass kicked by Larry Allen lol
The "catch" is pretty hard to top. But Eric Davis stepping in front of the receiver and taking it to the house in the 95 Championship game is pretty close. I remember leaping out of my chair and yelling "f" you Dallas for about five minutes. That was a good day.
[ Edited by BHulman on Apr 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Mike8016:
All them are great moments
All were great moments. Makes me sad that the Pukes have owned us lately.
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Originally posted by Mike8016:
All them are great moments
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Moonshae_D:
Quote:
Haynesworth Stomping Cowboys' Center Andre Gurode's Head

I think this needs to be removed. It was a disgusting act, and I would never cheer someone's face getting stomped by cleats, even if they play for the boys.

I understand your position, but someone voted for it. The cynical, evil b*****ds on this forum have a right to their favorite Cowpuke memory, just as much as honest, fairplay fans such as yourself do. Besides, Irvin laying unconscious has more votes!

I also may have exaggerated what actually happened. If you watch the video, Haynesworth looks like he's going to stomp Gurode's head, but then only nicks him above the eyebrow with one of spikes. Still could've blinded the b*****d, but he held back from doing something real heinous imo.
Originally posted by JR80:
The most disrespectful and hilarious thing to happen to the Cowboys:

I agree
Originally posted by SerJerryofRice:
Originally posted by ima49erfan15:
Originally posted by SerJerryofRice:
In lieu of Dallas' great (read: awful) draft, I thought we could reminisce about some other great Dallas Cowpies moments from the past 30 years. Feel free to add your own!

Dallas never made the NFC title game in 2007

Oops. Fixed.

I'm glad someone mentioned the game at Dallas in '95. I came home from church that day just in time to see Jerry's catch n' run.

I probably also should've added Norton's goaline stand in '97, where he flat out rejected the Dallas attempt from the one. I thought it was against Emmitt, but the only article I can find that mentions this says Emmitt was out of the game by then with a strained groin.

I also can't help that Eagles fans are @$$holes. I remember hearing what they were doing and just thinking "wow."

That's the first thing that came to mind. We were limping into that game. We'd just beaten them in the NFC Championship and they were talking all kinds of mess the entire week leading up to the game. Us going in there and DESTROYING them is one of my happiest Niner moments. Best thing about it was when Michael Irvin stepped up to the podium for the post game presser and said point blank, "They are a better football team than us. Period!!!" Loved seeing him eat crow.
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A

In this order:

1. Jerry Rice
2. The Catch (would have been number 1 if I wasn't a year old)
3. T.O.'s postgame crying as "The best team in the NFC" exits the playoffs...Again
"Thats my quarterback, thats my guy."

4. Tony Homo bobbling the snap for yet another first round loss. Somewhat bittersweet because the Seacocks made the SB, AND helped the Skweelers on their way to SB #6 so now we have to listen to that annoying @$$ Mark Madden say "The Steelers are the best ever in any sport ever, ever, ever."[url=null]null[/url] Sniffle
[ Edited by 4DNinersSon on Apr 30, 2009 at 2:16 PM ]
I live in Dallas and you need to add

Nate Newton getting busted for having 100lbs of Pot in the trunk of his Caddy and crossing state lines.
Erik Williams arrrested for rape
Mike Irving busted for cocaine possession and rape of a stripper (married at the time)
Jerry Jones getting busted in Highland Park, TX for running from police and not having a drivers license.
Barry Switzer walking through a metal detector at DFW airport with a conceled handgun (S&W 357 magnum)
A first round CB killing 3 individuals on the Dallas Tollway and leaving the seen of an accident. Now serving 20+ years at Huntville.
Pacman Jones punching out Jerry Jones hired babysitter at a bar in Dallas

We won't even talk about half the incidents that got swept under the rug or stuff that occured at the local gentlemans clubs.

The list goes on but as you can see the Cowboys have little to no class yet are considered Americas team what a joke
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
When Dion picked off Steve Young and was running down the field until Steve Young upended his ass, flipping him in the air. I know there's a gif out there somewhere of it.

If you do anything with your life it must be to FIND THAT GIF!
My favorite...Nov. 12th, 1995

Steve young is hurt, and Elvis Grbac has to start on the road vs. the Cowboys....and kicks the sh*t out of them, 38-20.

Deion gets f*cking smoked by Jerry, and all is right with the world.
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
I live in Dallas and you need to add

Nate Newton getting busted for having 100lbs of Pot in the trunk of his Caddy and crossing state lines.
Erik Williams arrrested for rape
Mike Irving busted for cocaine possession and rape of a stripper (married at the time)
Jerry Jones getting busted in Highland Park, TX for running from police and not having a drivers license. Jerry Jones' recent facelift was made evident here as well, I believe.
Barry Switzer walking through a metal detector at DFW airport with a conceled handgun (S&W 357 magnum)
A first round CB killing 3 individuals on the Dallas Tollway and leaving the seen of an accident. Now serving 20+ years at Huntville.
Pacman Jones punching out Jerry Jones hired babysitter at a bar in Dallas

We won't even talk about half the incidents that got swept under the rug or stuff that occured at the local gentlemans clubs.

The list goes on but as you can see the Cowboys have little to no class yet are considered Americas team what a joke

A fan after my own heart. I actually do have Irvin's cocaine incident in the poll choices, and the stripper's rape is implied in the selection for Irvin wearing a full-length mink coat to court (or was this another trial for him molesting underage girls?). The others you posted are classic moments though. I'll see if some fit.
Share 49ersWebzone