There are 289 users in the forums

Who got the better end of the JAY CUTLER trade?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who got the better end of the JAY CUTLER trade?

• Shifty
  • Veteran
I like Cutler a lot but feel Denver got the better end of this deal.

Orton isn't bad and they should get some good players with the picks from Chicago. Considering the circumstances i think Denver did really well
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Denver didn't win this trade.

They traded a franchise quarterback for two players who theoretically could be good players.

Bears won easily.
the bears are a running team and always will be. All Cutler has to do is hand the ball off
Minnesota should have went after him
Hands down the Broncos.

From a team perspective of needs it has to be them. They have great WR's and Oline. Orton is a tough QB, with good leadership qualities, and a decent arm.

Might sound crazy but that offense might be just as good if not better next year especially if they find a running back, they can add a more balanced attack (which in the end is what every team wants).

Their defense was just awful, you give them two first round picks, and a 3rd...even though a draft pick is just that, a draft pick, if they can get 2 great players on defense in the next 2 years, watch out for the Broncos then.

Say what you want to say, but when a player wants OUT of your organization, and you receive a player that's close to being as good as him plus all those draft picks, you came out with a win.

Not saying that this isn't a good trade for the Bears either, they finally got their Franchise QB that they've never had, Jim Mcmahon for one season does not cut it when your Franchise has been around for close to a hundred years.

So great trade for both teams, but I think the Broncos got a little better than the Bears with this trade.
Originally posted by crzy:

They traded a franchise quarterback for two players who theoretically could be good players.

Bears won easily.

yep, Bears got a great deal. Player wise and Money wise. Makes total sense for the Bears and zero sense for Denver.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
so the broncos get 2 first round picks, maybe BJ Raji and vonte davis this year, next year maybe (if they have too) trade up and get the next great S from USC plus an additional 3rd rounder that they can use on one of the deepest classes of RBs in years. Plus a QB who while he isn't the greatest, he protects the ball and keeps mistakes to a minnimal. A QB who for the first time in his career will actually have really good WRs to thow too.

on the other hand

Bears get a 5th round pick, and a clone of Grossman who might be a little better, but like Grossman takes a lot of risks and is damaged goods. This will also be the first year Grossman oh sorry Cutler will play for a new QB coach and coordinator, also with minimal talent in the OL, and WR possition.
So again, like I said, the bears got raped

Please join my $500 fantasy league...PLEASE. You can have Orton straight up you won't have to draft him....I will give you an extra slot for him and everything...

I'll be jealous but hey I am a fair sport.

I think he might be a Cutler hater bc he claims Grossman (70 career passer rating) is a clone of Cutler

And I dont think he knows that last years draft was the deepest at RB

here's a stat for you
Cutler is 0-4 when Playoffs are on the line

Here is a fact for you. Realists don't expect QB's to lead football teams in their first few seasons. Realists are just happy if they don't make complete asses of themselves playing their position.

Actually, you show you admiration for the guy. Why else would you place so much responsibility on such a young QB?

QB not looking like a complete idiot in his first 3 years = GOOD(Jay Cutler)
QB looking like a complete idiot in his first 3 years = BAD(Alex Smith)

From this point forward, Cutler is a Vet in the NFL and needs to Carry his team into the playoffs. Clean slate as far as I am concerned.
  • titan
  • Veteran
we'll see how the draft pick turns out!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
You guys crack me up.....

There have been all this hammer throwing about how the Bears have no WRs but we don't either but if you ask most on this board we are CERTAINLY going to play-offs this season.

So how is it that the Bears with a better defense, a better QB, a better OL and a similar WRs and a bit less RB and playing in a WEAKER division WONT make the play-offs?

LOL!!

It just cracks me up.

Actually Forte is probably just as good as Gore. Their defense though is not better than ours.

Bears won easily.

Great. Cutler instead of throwing 18 INTs in Denver... He can throw 30 INTs in Chicago. Great Pick up!!!

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

There have been all this hammer throwing about how the Bears have no WRs but we don't either but if you ask most on this board we are CERTAINLY going to play-offs this season.

So how is it that the Bears with a better defense, a better QB, a better OL and a similar WRs and a bit less RB and playing in a WEAKER division WONT make the play-offs?

LOL!!

It just cracks me up.

Actually Forte is probably just as good as Gore. Their defense though is not better than ours.

Okay total defense yes we're better, but the Bears were a tad closer to the playoffs than we were.

Yeah they had 2 more wins... but we play them this year so I guess we will see in time who is closer to the playoffs...
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Bears won easily.

Great. Cutler instead of throwing 18 INTs in Denver... He can throw 30 INTs in Chicago. Great Pick up!!!

He's not going to be airing it out 50 times per game in Chicago, so he won't throw that many interceptions.

He'll actually have an elite running game with Forte.

LOL!!

It just cracks me up.

Homerism runs deep my friend.

The other hypocrisy is the people who post that the Bears just trapped themselves with the few picks they lose....because now they have NO way to get the other pieces!!

Uh hello...in one breath they act like draft picks are gold, then in the next breath they assume all the rest of the picks are utterly useless anyway!!!

I guess the Bears can't find WR's in the other rounds like only we can...right?

I also seem to remember Drew Brees joining a team with no WR's...and I don't recall the Saints drafting their receivers high either.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Bears won easily.

So many people talk backwards out of their asses. First, Denver had no running game, so they couldn't pound the rock. 2nd, they had a s**t ass defense, so they were often playing from behind. Therefore, when you have to air it out all the time, you're going to get picked, especially when you have to force throws. If you don't have play action or any sort of running game opponents expect, you will have to make questionable throws. Still, the throws he's made were just incredible.

I say the Bears got the better end of the deal. Kyle Orton is gonna start to hurt real bad when he has to play from behind all the time and air it out. Of course, I think the Broncos will be drafting a RB at some point to help carry the load...

LOL!!

It just cracks me up.

WR
Bears
Devin Hester 51 665 13.0 65 3
Rashied Davis 35 445 12.7 36 2
Brandon Lloyd 26 364 14.0 32 2
Marty Booker 14 211 15.1 51 2
Total WR 126 1685 13.37 65 9

49ers
Isaac Bruce 61 835 13.7 63 7
Brandon Jones* 41 449 11.0 40 1
Josh Morgan 20 319 16.0 48 3
Arnaz Battle 24 318 13.3 36 0
Jason Hill 30 317 10.6 33 2
Dominique Zeigler 5 97 19.4 31 0
Total WR 181 2335 12.90 63 13

Defense
NAME YDS YPG RUSH RUSH-YPG PASS PASS-YPG PTS PTS/G
Bears 5355 334.7 1496 93.5 3859 241.2 350 21.9
49ers 5216 326.0 1709 106.8 3507 219.2 381 23.8

RB
NAME ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
Matt Forte 316 1238 3.9 50 8
Frank Gore 240 1036 4.3 41 6

NAME REC YDS AVG LNG TD
Matt Forte 63 477 7.6 19 4
Frank Gore 43 373 8.7 26 2

OL
its hard to really measure or evaluate against OL especially with JTO and his crappy QB vision
49ers 55 sacks (32 JTO)
Bears 29 sacks

Division
NFC North 25 Wins
NFC West 22 Wins
Share 49ersWebzone