LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: The Shaun Hill Starship

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Yeah, I think Alex had his chances, again...and again..and again. I didn't see any great moments in 3 years...that's a long long time in the NFL!
Compare that with Rodgers, Joe Flaco, Matt Ryan in their rookie years, enough said.
I think Hill has proven with his game and toughness that he is a better QB...relatively.
If competition is the goal for training camp, I just hope we have someone better than Alex going against Hill.

Rogers didn't play his rookie year.....as for Flacco & Ryan....kudos...now let see year 2.

Nes, dude don't buy into his crap. Any true fan will know which games Alex let it all hang loose in. It's obvious that he's just being a Troll. EIther that or his nose has grown a foot per lie(or mistatement) about what Alex did or did not do.

He's just another one of those superior impatient fans that need to put a guy down even when it is not his fault as far as I am concerend.

Hey King I guess you don't remeber that naked bootleg against the Seaturkies in his second season where he put the team on his back and brought the win home.There have been quite a few solid plays by Alex btw. How anyone can reasonably make the case that Alex did nothing is nothing short of myopic. Seeing as how WRs', TEs' and Backs don't stand under Center and throw the ball to themselves.

Ceadder
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Hill >>>> Alex Leaf

THEY ARE THE SAME FREAKIN QB for cryin out loud.

If you like Hill better than Smith, fine. But to act like he is 10 times the QB Smith is, is just wrong.

You're completely overstating Hill's worth as a starting QB in the league.I'm not going to beat the reasons to death, since I seem to address them every time people keep bashing Smith. You all know the reasons why Smith is developmentally where he is at. Why take cheap shots at the kid? If he's not a 9er and if he pulls a Vick(either family scenario) then fine have at him. But he's done EVERYTHING that was asked of him. I think some people need to pull their head outta the cheap darkness. JJ deserves the criticism Alex does not. Geez.

~Ceadder

P.S. Does ANYONE besides me want there to be some kind of competition at the QB spot? That way come the 1st day of the season we have the BEST guy under Center?

I agree... I am completely down for competition. Currently, Hill definitely has the edge, and it is Alex's job to beat him out. If AS proves to be better (which I don't foresee), then throw him in there. I am gonna support whoever is behind center.

I don't want people to think that I am against Hill, because I am not. If he is our Starter, then I will cheer hust as hard for him as anyone who is a 9er fan should.

Hell I even TRIED to cheer for JTO but the guy kept shootin himself(and us) in the foot with the STUPID turnovers and ended up playing from behind in most of the games he Started.

But I do not believe that Hill has done enough to OWN the spot. Sorry but he's not what quite a few fans here seem to be peddling. He is not Mr. calm cool an collected, he only has a 40 yard and under arm and guess what, he is as mobile as Alex. Wow he even lost his helmet in a play and ran with the ball ala Steve Young. Big whup, didn't Alex lose his helmet and run with the ball too?

I just want a reasonable LEGITIMATE competition between the two, so that way I can feel confident in my team on game day. It's the fans that win, because no matter who Starts we can be confident that if they leave the field due to injury the other guy can go in cold and still do a solid job leading the team.

I'm not buying a ticket on any wagon (or star ship for that matter) until we get some continuity coming from the QB1 and OC spots. Until both are realistically on the same page, it's more foul weather ahead. And if that is the case then I'm staying home.

~Ceadder

Did he...I don't remember that....what game?

It happened when Norv was our OC. I do not recall which game but I do remember that it happened.

I apologize for being sketchy about the game that it happened in. Day off from school and work today so I been up all night GTA'n it....

So not much is accessible right now.

~Ceadder

Never happened, I've been watching EVERY single game that I've recorded since 2004, recently, and Smith has never ran the ball with his helmet off. I pretty much watch a game right before I go to sleep....don't ask me why.....maybe all the losses put me to sleep with ease.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hill >>>> Alex Leaf

If you like Hill better than Smith, fine. But to act like he is 10 times the QB Smith is, is just wrong.

You're completely overstating Hill's worth as a starting QB in the league.I'm not going to beat the reasons to death, since I seem to address them every time people keep bashing Smith. You all know the reasons why Smith is developmentally where he is at. Why take cheap shots at the kid? If he's not a 9er and if he pulls a Vick(either family scenario) then fine have at him. But he's done EVERYTHING that was asked of him. I think some people need to pull their head outta the cheap darkness. JJ deserves the criticism Alex does not. Geez.

~Ceadder

P.S. Does ANYONE besides me want there to be some kind of competition at the QB spot? That way come the 1st day of the season we have the BEST guy under Center?

I agree... I am completely down for competition. Currently, Hill definitely has the edge, and it is Alex's job to beat him out. If AS proves to be better (which I don't foresee), then throw him in there. I am gonna support whoever is behind center.

I don't want people to think that I am against Hill, because I am not. If he is our Starter, then I will cheer hust as hard for him as anyone who is a 9er fan should.

Hell I even TRIED to cheer for JTO but the guy kept shootin himself(and us) in the foot with the STUPID turnovers and ended up playing from behind in most of the games he Started.

But I do not believe that Hill has done enough to OWN the spot. Sorry but he's not what quite a few fans here seem to be peddling. He is not Mr. calm cool an collected, he only has a 40 yard and under arm and guess what, he is as mobile as Alex. Wow he even lost his helmet in a play and ran with the ball ala Steve Young. Big whup, didn't Alex lose his helmet and run with the ball too?

I just want a reasonable LEGITIMATE competition between the two, so that way I can feel confident in my team on game day. It's the fans that win, because no matter who Starts we can be confident that if they leave the field due to injury the other guy can go in cold and still do a solid job leading the team.

I'm not buying a ticket on any wagon (or star ship for that matter) until we get some continuity coming from the QB1 and OC spots. Until both are realistically on the same page, it's more foul weather ahead. And if that is the case then I'm staying home.

~Ceadder

It happened when Norv was our OC. I do not recall which game but I do remember that it happened.

I apologize for being sketchy about the game that it happened in. Day off from school and work today so I been up all night GTA'n it....

~Ceadder

Never happened, I've been watching EVERY single game that I've recorded since 2004, recently, and Smith has never ran the ball with his helmet off. I pretty much watch a game right before I go to sleep....don't ask me why.....maybe all the losses put me to sleep with ease.

does it really matter? if a QB hasn't run with his helmet off, he sucks? Is that what you all are trying to say? Who gives a crap if hes run after having his helmet removed!?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MrAdrenaline:
Hill >>>> Alex Leaf

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

does it really matter? if a QB hasn't run with his helmet off, he sucks? Is that what you all are trying to say? Who gives a crap if hes run after having his helmet removed!?

It was pointed out that he did, so yes, it does matter at this point in time.
I'm all for going full speed ahead in 09 with Hill as the starting QB. He was obviously the best QB on our roster last season, and he will be next season barring any unforseen trades........like with Philly maybe??? McNabb anyone??? Anyway, I'm getting off topic here.

I say we bolster the O-line by signing a top tier LEFT TACKLE and move Staley BACK TO THE RIGHT SIDE.
Originally posted by Shaun Hill:
Man, I love the Webzone. Lots of guys over there will let me teabag them.

Originally posted by AKfanster:
I'm all for going full speed ahead in 09 with Hill as the starting QB. He was obviously the best QB on our roster last season, and he will be next season barring any unforseen trades........like with Philly maybe??? McNabb anyone??? Anyway, I'm getting off topic here.

I say we bolster the O-line by signing a top tier LEFT TACKLE and move Staley BACK TO THE RIGHT SIDE.

Staley is the best lineman we have and as the season progressed he showed how great he is ganna be. No body available is better then he is at LT, NO ONE! We need a RT
Originally posted by MrAdrenaline:
Hill >>>> Alex Leaf

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

I pointed it out because I could swear that Alex did so. Kolohe has corrected me on that point.

Kolohe, I feel your pain bro, cuz there have been a few games that I could not stay awake throughout. And that was not cuz I was drinkin.

Thanks for following up on this thought. I appreciate it.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Staley is the best lineman we have and as the season progressed he showed how great he is ganna be. No body available is better then he is at LT, NO ONE! We need a RT

I agree. If we have holes along the line they start at RT and affect the rest of the Line. I think that we need a better Center and move Heitman back toward the outside though. I like Heitman but I've seen too many sacks where he was the weak link. That Rocky Bernard sack on Alex came right through the middle and unblocked. If that's Alex's fault I'll eat my hat.

~Ceadder

I agree. If we have holes along the line they start at RT and affect the rest of the Line. I think that we need a better Center and move Heitman back toward the outside though. I like Heitman but I've seen too many sacks where he was the weak link. That Rocky Bernard sack on Alex came right through the middle and unblocked. If that's Alex's fault I'll eat my hat.

~Ceadder

I think I have been clear on what I think of Heitman

Originally posted by WildTurkey:
The Shaun Hill Official Bandwagon Pic
Shaun Hill dropping ducks all over the field

~Ceadder

I might have missed what you've said about Heitman so go ahead an say it again for us slow people.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

I might have missed what you've said about Heitman so go ahead an say it again for us slow people.

~Ceadder

At the start of the season he was the best lineman we had. But at that time it wasn't saying much. He rarely gets a push on runs up the middle if the DT is on him. He is not a mauler and does not have the strength to clear a hole for the RB. Whether it be because he isn't 100% healed or just not the type of player he is. That is the reason why Frank Gores longest run (41 yards) came while Wragge was at center. I do not think that was a coincidence. Wragge is stronger and when ever we had him line up next to Baas, the holes flew open.

My ideal situation would be to keep Wragge. Trade Heitmann for to a zone blocking team, that way he goes to a team that he fits better and we get a high draft pick. Then target Alex Mack! Alex Mack is the Newberry type mauler at center we need and if he isn't completely ready Wragge can hold the spot till he is.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

At the start of the season he was the best lineman we had. But at that time it wasn't saying much. He rarely gets a push on runs up the middle if the DT is on him. He is not a mauler and does not have the strength to clear a hole for the RB. Whether it be because he isn't 100% healed or just not the type of player he is. That is the reason why Frank Gores longest run (41 yards) came while Wragge was at center. I do not think that was a coincidence. Wragge is stronger and when ever we had him line up next to Baas, the holes flew open.

My ideal situation would be to keep Wragge. Trade Heitmann for to a zone blocking team, that way he goes to a team that he fits better and we get a high draft pick. Then target Alex Mack! Alex Mack is the Newberry type mauler at center we need and if he isn't completely ready Wragge can hold the spot till he is.

Well I think we could still do that w/o trading Heitman. Heitman's best position on the Line is Guard. He performs well there an imho that's where he should be playing. The only reason he was playing Center was because Newberry was having injury issues and he was "the only Vet" that was capable. Also he understood the blocking assignments. Too bad he isn't a true Center and has the flaws that you pointed out.

Chilo is SPOSED to be our RT but we'll have to wait and see how that pans out. Baas is supposedly the guy that was drafted to be a Center, which he may end up being, I think that he was one of the guys being held back because they were questionable to the Assistant staff of the team. I do not see Singletary holding youngsters back and then keeping them around long. Either they will learn an do the job or they will be gone.

That's at least one positive that I can point at regarding Sing.

~Ceadder
Eff these Alex Smith threads. This man, Hill, deserves the most respect. 7-3 and solid. Take it from him and you better win. Otherwise, give him the damn job.
Share 49ersWebzone