There are 147 users in the forums

Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State

I'm surprised Jayden Reed doesn't have a thread yet. He's another one of my favorite players in the draft. From what I've seen, Reed is very versatile. He can return punts, he can run go routes, you can use him in the screen game, he can high point the football, and he has great sideline awareness. But what I like about him the most is that he's incredibly smooth in and out of breaks.

Will he be available in the 3rd round? I'm not sure. But we could use always use more speed in this offense.

Love Reed, have him as my 4th best WR in the class behind JSN, Addison and flowers. I would be all for using one of our 3rds on him
Hope SF takes him. Will be a great pro. Worried another NFC West rival will take him if SF does not.
Would love Reed but I don't see how the roster would unfold with an early drafted WR.

Deebo and Aiyuk are locks.
Gotta figure Jennings and McCloud are pretty safe too. Do they give up on Gray so quick? Do we keep 6 WRs AND 3 QBs? What other group gets hurt as a result?
Originally posted by genus49:
Would love Reed but I don't see how the roster would unfold with an early drafted WR.

Gotta figure Jennings and McCloud are pretty safe too. Do they give up on Gray so quick? Do we keep 6 WRs AND 3 QBs? What other group gets hurt as a result?

I mean we had 5 RBs and a FB last year. Love Reed not sure if he's gonna be there when we pick though
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I mean we had 5 RBs and a FB last year. Love Reed not sure if he's gonna be there when we pick though

He does seem like the type to sneak up on draft night vs when guys have him mocked or graded.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We did, which is all the more reason I can't see us drafting a receiver high.

I get draft crushes, but considering how needs and talent likely available in this draft align, I can't see see using 3rd round picks on receivers, running backs, or a tight end that can't do it all.
Most will disagree, but I see shades of Tae Adams.

My notes (he's one of my favs):

+ Efficient and effective footwork to seperate off the line and at all three levels. No "social media routes" here.

+ Good speed and great ball tracking over the shoulder makes for a dangerous deep threat.

+ Able to extend and make catches away from his frame.

+ Good open field vision for YAC - two punt returns for TDs in 2021
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Apr 24, 2023 at 12:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone