There are 215 users in the forums

Wanya Morris OT Oklahoma

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm leaning more and more to Morris being our guy. Ideal scheme fit, meets all the thresholds we have at OT, we met with him…5 star recruit that needs some top end OL coaching to perfect his technique.
Its interesting to me that TDN has Morris ranked 198 and Freeland 199. Mclendon, Steen, and Warren are much higher in their rankings although they also rank as 4th to 5th rd guys.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'm leaning more and more to Morris being our guy. Ideal scheme fit, meets all the thresholds we have at OT, we met with him…5 star recruit that needs some top end OL coaching to perfect his technique.
Its interesting to me that TDN has Morris ranked 198 and Freeland 199. Mclendon, Steen, and Warren are much higher in their rankings although they also rank as 4th to 5th rd guys.

Different big boards rank them all quite different.

here's Dane Brugler's write up (has him ranked right above Freeland and McLendon).

My lord

This is the RT we need. Freeland has a lot of upside but Morris would start day 1 IMO.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
This is the RT we need. Freeland has a lot of upside but Morris would start day 1 IMO.

Yeah he's got that talent level to play at LT if need be down the road imo. Not seeing too many visits for OTs though

Yeah he's got that talent level to play at LT if need be down the road imo. Not seeing too many visits for OTs though

Hopefully its due to not tipping their hand.
According to Tony Pauline, 49ers were one of 6 teams at Morris' solo pro day. 4.70s short shuttle, 7.69s 3 cone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/1646944072437735441
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
According to Tony Pauline, 49ers were one of 6 teams at Morris' solo pro day. 4.70s short shuttle, 7.69s 3 cone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/1646944072437735441

Yassss
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

31 other teams already know they'll be looking to draft an OT with one of their first few picks.

Man I really want to get this guy. I'd be stoked with moving up 10-15 spots for him. I'd be happy with Freeland too though.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
31 other teams already know they'll be looking to draft an OT with one of their first few picks.

Wouldn't be shocked if they're pretty happy with Colton
Man I really want to get this guy. I'd be stoked with moving up 10-15 spots for him. I'd be happy with Freeland too though.

I don't think they will have to move up for Morris. I'm not really that interested in Freeland at this point. Rather wait for saldiveri.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

It's a safe bet, but fact remains they aren't openly checking out too many.

To this point OU was really down last year. That being the team and the coaching. Morris does seem like the type that if coached up could use his God given physical traits to quickly become a NFL RT. He was a 5 star recruit coming out of HS and I just don't think ever received the type of coaching to take his game to the next level.
Share 49ersWebzone