There are 170 users in the forums

You're Demeco Ryans

Imo, if you leave day one with Paris Johnson and Myles Murphy, you wasted your opportunity to kickstart the franchise. And that's assuming a trade down happened. Without a trade down? Sheesh.

Also, I believe Richardson can be a FQB, but he will bust if drafted to Houston
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Imo, if you leave day one with Paris Johnson and Myles Murphy, you wasted your opportunity to kickstart the franchise. And that's assuming a trade down happened. Without a trade down? Sheesh.

Also, I believe Richardson can be a FQB, but he will bust if drafted to Houston

I am really interested in Richardson, however I agree with you, he's plenty raw and in HOU the temptation would be to play him early, on a talent poor roster

I say find someone with NFL experience to manage the O for now, load up and build a bully on D in the draft
Originally posted by miked1978:
Just saw they have the #2 and #12 picks of the draft. Very similar situation to what Kyle and John had their first year except 49ers traded up into the end of the 1st to get their second 1st rounder.

You have total control of the Texans what are you doing at 2 and 12? Are you going to learn from Kyle's mistake and go get your QB or are you going to maybe sign Jimmy G? Remember Kyle wanted Cousins but knew it was going to be a year from then.

All options on the table.

Here is what I would do:

#2 Will Anderson, DE. I'm not in love with any of the QBs at 2 and I'm assuming someone trades up to #1 to select a QB. I go get Jimmy G to be my bridge QB. And no I did not learn my lesson when Kyle didn't draft a QB his first year.

#12 Anthony Richardson, QB. Oozes talent but still is very raw. Needs to sit a year and can since I got Jimmy G. If he isn't there at 12 I'd go Darnell Wright, OT and play him at G. Can't go wrong building a stout OL.

What's going on my man!

I think for me it would depend on what happens at #1.

I like Young but I worry enough about his size to make a trade up from #2 to #1 overall. Especially when I don't have a great roster to protect him.

If he falls to #2, I'm taking him and then going with BPA at 12 and hoping it's OL or WR to help Young along.

If someone else takes Young at 1 then I'm going Will Anderson and BPA at 12. Potentially looking to trade down to acquire picks to make a run at Caleb Williams next year.

Richardson is intriguing to me but outside of Young I don't trust any QB in this class to be what I'd want to chase as my QB of the future.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Drod1008:
Offer #34 and #74 for Trey Lance. Sign minshew as a part time starter or backup. Trade down with either raiders or Panthers. Take Tyree Wilson with first pick and Broderick Jones with second.

That might have been a possibility, but with Purdy coming off surgery, I don't see the 49ers trading Trey Lance for any price.
Originally posted by genus49:
Just saw they have the #2 and #12 picks of the draft. Very similar situation to what Kyle and John had their first year except 49ers traded up into the end of the 1st to get their second 1st rounder.

You have total control of the Texans what are you doing at 2 and 12? Are you going to learn from Kyle's mistake and go get your QB or are you going to maybe sign Jimmy G? Remember Kyle wanted Cousins but knew it was going to be a year from then.

All options on the table.

Here is what I would do:

#2 Will Anderson, DE. I'm not in love with any of the QBs at 2 and I'm assuming someone trades up to #1 to select a QB. I go get Jimmy G to be my bridge QB. And no I did not learn my lesson when Kyle didn't draft a QB his first year.

#12 Anthony Richardson, QB. Oozes talent but still is very raw. Needs to sit a year and can since I got Jimmy G. If he isn't there at 12 I'd go Darnell Wright, OT and play him at G. Can't go wrong building a stout OL.

What's going on my man!

I think for me it would depend on what happens at #1.

I like Young but I worry enough about his size to make a trade up from #2 to #1 overall. Especially when I don't have a great roster to protect him.

If he falls to #2, I'm taking him and then going with BPA at 12 and hoping it's OL or WR to help Young along.

If someone else takes Young at 1 then I'm going Will Anderson and BPA at 12. Potentially looking to trade down to acquire picks to make a run at Caleb Williams next year.

Richardson is intriguing to me but outside of Young I don't trust any QB in this class to be what I'd want to chase as my QB of the future.

Good to hear from you again. Bro do you even lift?

I like your reasoning but what if you don't draft a QB (young goes 1) and next year you draft #5 or something which in theory will take you out of the Caleb Williams hunt. Does that scare you any? Kind of goes back to my point you draft a QB until you find one.
Originally posted by fryet:
That might have been a possibility, but with Purdy coming off surgery, I don't see the 49ers trading Trey Lance for any price.

I agree 100%. Even if you believe Brock is the franchise QB you have to be wondering if he'll be available week 1 at this point.
They take a qb with #2. Possibly trade up to 1 if they have a favorite
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Would not take a QB this year, bring in a veteran and draft front 7 and several oline. I would copy the Bosa draft and get pass rush and build from there.

.Paris Johnson Jr.
OT Ohio State
Myles Murphy
EDGE Clemson
O'Cyrus Torrence
OG Florida
Joe Tippmann
OC Wisconsin
Calijah Kancey
DT Pittsburgh
Daiyan Henley
LB Washington State
Roschon Johnson
RB Texas
Jake Haener
QB Fresno State
Andrei Iosivas
WR Princeton
Thomas Incoom
EDGE Central Michigan
Tyson Bagent
QB Shepherd
Noah Daniels
CB TCU

Nice mock. Who will be the Texans day 1 starter at QB?

Bring in a vet for a couple years while they build the winning culture, I would not throw a rookie at it. Get the QB room going
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Would not take a QB this year, bring in a veteran and draft front 7 and several oline. I would copy the Bosa draft and get pass rush and build from there.

.Paris Johnson Jr.
OT Ohio State
Myles Murphy
EDGE Clemson
O'Cyrus Torrence
OG Florida
Joe Tippmann
OC Wisconsin
Calijah Kancey
DT Pittsburgh
Daiyan Henley
LB Washington State
Roschon Johnson
RB Texas
Jake Haener
QB Fresno State
Andrei Iosivas
WR Princeton
Thomas Incoom
EDGE Central Michigan
Tyson Bagent
QB Shepherd
Noah Daniels
CB TCU

Sign Jimmy with that draft. Not a bad idea.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by 9moon:
I'm not really too high on Jalen or Will, NOT top 5 in my personal opinion.

So IF I'm running the show, and Chicago stays with Fields, then I'll take Young and keep my current starting QB (Mills).

IF Chicago takes Young, then I'd trade down w/either Indy or Detroit or even Atlanta.

I'd only take Jalen or Will between 6 to the 10th spot.

and if I want a QB, I would call SF and ask about Trey Lance.

What if not one single team is willing to trade with you and Young is off the board? Who are you taking at 2?

IF no single team wants to trade up to my spot (Houston), I'd take Ohio State QB and an OT w/my next 1st rounder.

OK I'm convinced.... we should offer Houston Trey and Deevah for a bunch of their picks..

The we take Stroud 2nd overall..

Found this nugget apparently HOU was telling coaching candidates they will use their top pick on a QB

Houston currently holds the No. 2 and No. 12 picks of the draft. And according to ESPN, the Texans had informed each coaching candidate that they plan on using their top selection on a quarterback during the interview process.
I'd take Jalen Carter at 2 instead of Anderson
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Found this nugget apparently HOU was telling coaching candidates they will use their top pick on a QB

Houston currently holds the No. 2 and No. 12 picks of the draft. And according to ESPN, the Texans had informed each coaching candidate that they plan on using their top selection on a quarterback during the interview process.

I think its pretty simple if you ask me. If you have a high first round grade on a QB then why not? You dont know where you will be picking next year.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

I just hope the character concerns doesn't drop him in Philly's lap.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by lamontb:

I just hope the character concerns doesn't drop him in Philly's lap.

NOTHING to worry about.. I personally think that both Carter and Anderson will just be average players..
Share 49ersWebzone