LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

Nick Saldiveri OL Old Dominion

Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Read will be top 75 pick

With 11 picks this draft, and more 3rd rd comp picks coming in the next couple years, I'm thinking we atleast trade up once, and might as well make the trade up early in the draft rather than later. Hope they identify that player they want and package a couple picks to go up in the 2nd/early 3rd to get him. I think last years draft was the outlier where we didn't trade at all
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Read will be top 75 pick

With 11 picks this draft, and more 3rd rd comp picks coming in the next couple years, I'm thinking we atleast trade up once, and might as well make the trade up early in the draft rather than later. Hope they identify that player they want and package a couple picks to go up in the 2nd/early 3rd to get him. I think last years draft was the outlier where we didn't trade at all

It is a very very good center class. Good players will be pushed down
Originally posted by English:
Read will be top 75 pick

Oh? Damn!

Overall thought he had a good combine and SF formally meet with him…
nfl.com has him 5th G in the draft, more valuable to a zone blocking team
OT Mike McGlinchey Signed with: Broncos
Prospect with similar traits: Old Dominion's Nick Saldiveri

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-draft-prospects-with-similar-traits-to-free-agents-who-signed-with-new-teams-this-offseason/
Love this player. If Im the 49ers Im waiting till either Saldiveri or Freeland gets drafted and then trading up to the next pick to get one of them.
Originally posted by Ice49er:
Love this player. If Im the 49ers Im waiting till either Saldiveri or Freeland gets drafted and then trading up to the next pick to get one of them.

I feel like they're in very different ranges. I know 49ers fans have eyes on Nick but I still think as a prospect wise they're at least a round apart. I think Freeland will likely require a trade up to get. Saldiveri imo will be there for our 3rd round picks if not later.

But we'll see what happens.
Originally posted by genus49:

I feel like they're in very different ranges. I know 49ers fans have eyes on Nick but I still think as a prospect wise they're at least a round apart. I think Freeland will likely require a trade up to get. Saldiveri imo will be there for our 3rd round picks if not later.

Hope he can stick at tackle and challenge to start if we take him. I think we can get IOL players later. but legit tackle competition will be tough without earlier picks and I'm not really interested in a trade up.
Originally posted by genus49:

Yeah I guessing we will have to move up for Blake. Nick should be there, not sure I'm taking him with a 3rd though. Especially if the plan is to push him inside.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Hope he can stick at tackle and challenge to start if we take him. I think we can get IOL players later. but legit tackle competition will be tough without earlier picks and I'm not really interested in a trade up.

McClendon, Morris, Steen are the 3 OTs I'm targeting in the 3rd (maybe a little later).
RAS: Saldiveri vs Steen
[ Edited by Butter on Apr 2, 2023 at 7:55 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

McClendon, Morris, Steen are the 3 OTs I'm targeting in the 3rd (maybe a little later).

I've only really looked into Wanya, but loving that some viable talent will be available later. I don't think whoever we draft beats out McKivitz initally, but could see them replacing him either midseason or next year. Hoping Foerster gets a couple of young players to develop. Where and how many OL they draft will tell us what they think of the guys currently on the roster.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I've only really looked into Wanya, but loving that some viable talent will be available later. I don't think whoever we draft beats out McKivitz initally, but could see them replacing him either midseason or next year. Hoping Foerster gets a couple of young players to develop. Where and how many OL they draft will tell us what they think of the guys currently on the roster.

Yeah not sure any of the guys available on day 3 will be day 1 starters. Might be a Banks kinda thing. I agree hopefully for a couple guys to add to the roster
Originally posted by Butter:
RAS: Saldiveri vs Steen

Some Steen and Saldiveri reps at the Senior Bowl

Share 49ersWebzone