LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Jonathan Mingo-WR-Ole Miss

Originally posted by 49erKing:
Sub 4.5 40 and almost a 40 inch vertical. NFL compd him to Anquan Boldin. Hope's available in the 3rd when we pick!

Hes a true X receiver, not dissimilar to a middle class AJ Brown. If Aiyuk is in the long term plans, I'm not sure we have a spot for him to play. Can never have too many good wide receivers, that much is true, but I'd rather go after a Jayden Reed to play the slot.
Lots of talk about trading a receiver to the Giants or patriots. Mingo would be perfect fit for KS offense no one is gonna like my next statement but, I would like to see Mingo replace Deebo and his salary. Could upgrade at RT and C. Aiyuk did step up this yr and has 2 more yrs on his rookie deal. " Ur best ability is your availability." Deebo has been hurt every year dating back to college
[ Edited by Drod1008 on Mar 12, 2023 at 7:53 AM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Sub 4.5 40 and almost a 40 inch vertical. NFL compd him to Anquan Boldin. Hope's available in the 3rd when we pick!

I wouldn't mind Mingo, I'm just hoping Shanahan drafts Purdy's teammate Xavier Hutchinson who is also 6'3" 220.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I wouldn't mind Mingo, I'm just hoping Shanahan drafts Purdy's teammate Xavier Hutchinson who is also 6'3" 220.

Definitely stands out in those Purdy highlight videos.
dude, this kid is nice. I would Approve, even though with Deebo, Ayuik and Jennings I doubt he would see the fiele much especially if Gray takes a step...any step at all haha what a weird rookie season from him.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
A mingo ate your baby

Man the more I watch the more I like.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Man the more I watch the more I like.

Welcome to the Mingo train NY. As I've said, I'm using one of our 3rds if he's there at our pick. Shanahan is gonna love him as a blocker as well as his yac ability. To me he has a chance to be a top 2-3 WR of this class when we look back in a couple years.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
dude, this kid is nice. I would Approve, even though with Deebo, Ayuik and Jennings I doubt he would see the fiele much especially if Gray takes a step...any step at all haha what a weird rookie season from him.

I kind of expect few opportunities for rookie receivers in this offense. Receivers are expected to do everything in this offense. The fact that we met him is interesting. We could go with 6 receivers but I'm expecting a lot of healthy scratches with whoever is the 5th receiver.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Apr 9, 2023 at 11:03 AM ]

https://theathletic.com/4387692/2023/04/10/nfl-draft-mock-the-beast-dane-brugler/

STRENGTHS: Well-built athlete with body strength and large mitts ... uses his frame to keep defenders from the catch point on slants or when working back to the
football ... has a smooth stride to gain a step mid-route ... not sudden in his route breaks but uses coordinated sink to sustain momentum ... tracks the ball well with
steady body control (will use his strong hands to make one-handed grabs when needed) ... not just a possession target and won't go to the ground easily after the
catch ... put explosive plays on tape (10 catches of 30-plus yards and two 70-plus-yard catches in 2022) ... humble, egoless player who "never complains about catches or playing time," according to head coach Lane Kiffin ... came back from injury to start every game and set career bests as a senior.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks noticeable twitch out of his breaks and faces a lot of contested windows ... more of a build-up speed athlete and can be slowed early by press coverage ... ran a basic route tree in college and still maturing ... allows the football into his body at times (led to an interception on 2022 Auburn tape) ... half-hearted blocker on some reps and overzealous on others (flagged for three holding calls on 2022 tapes studied) ... marginal special teams experience ... suffered a stress fracture in his left foot (September 2021) and required surgery, missing seven games as a junior (required a second surgery in April 2022 because the injury hadn't correctly healed).

SUMMARY: A four-year starter at Ole Miss, Mingo lined up across the formation in head coach Lane Kiffin's offense with 61.3 percent of his targets coming between
the numbers (slants, in-breakers etc.). He joined Jalin Hyatt as the only two SEC receivers with 50-plus catches and 16.5-plus yards per reception in 2022 (he broke
Elijah Moore's single-game receiving record with a 247-yard performance vs. Vanderbilt). A smooth, physical presence with strong hands, Mingo is a balanced athlete
in his releases, routes and at the catch point. He is a long-strider who needs a beat to build up his speed and must fine-tune areas of his game, including his efficiency at the top of the stem. Overall, Mingo has only average deception and separation quickness, but with his size, pacing and competitive ball skills, he has the body control and upside that has the attention of NFL teams. He has starting potential in the right situation.
Who the hell is Mel Kiper? says he might go 1st round
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Who the hell is Mel Kiper? says he might go 1st round

TODD! TODD! TODD!
Share 49ersWebzone