There are 220 users in the forums

Darnell Washington-TE-Georgia

Unless something crazy happens, he's out of the 49ers range but man is he impressive, will be a nice weapon for someone. He's a massive athlete that is basically an undersized OL(6'7", 270) but has ample receiving ability to go along with his size and blocking skills along with being a nightmare to take down in the open field.

If you could draw up an ideal #2 TE for Kyle, this would be it. Nightmare opponent as a blocker that can hold his own against even bigger DL's while still being a major receiving threat with his ability to turn a 5 yard catch into a 20 yard gain.

I like him but I think he won't make it past the Lions in the 2nd.
I confess I was watching UGA ball and like who the eff is this guy. Dude takes up half the tv screen. That's not just big for college that's big for NFL.
I could not find a thread on this guy. We had a few conversations about the guy during the bowl game this year, but considering his combine...thought he deserved a thread.

The tread might not exist based on how early he could go. I saw stuff around the bowl game that had him in the 3rd, I see several places that have him now in the second and Mel Kiper has him in the 1st now.

I would be all for packaging picks to move up in the second for him.... I think he is going to be elite.

Drafts to stacked with TEs to trade up for 1
I doubt he is available past the early 2nd round. It would cost too much to move up that high. This looks to be a pretty deep TE class, though so they can find someone good without moving up.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
I doubt he is available past the early 2nd round. It would cost too much to move up that high. This looks to be a pretty deep TE class, though so they can find someone good without moving up.

I like Payne Durham in the 5th but nobody seems to be talking about him.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Why trade up for one in a stacked draft?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

He was my #2:behind Strange there for a while but feared he just be a blocking TE. His 4.87 kind of confirms that.

While my main criteria for a #2 was blocking. I also wanted some sort of receiving threat. I know his college numbers suggest he could be. I just don't believe he will be
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

OR why draft a TE high ??

They say RB should never be drafted in the 1st round, I say TE should never be drafted in the 1st round.. period !!

Instead, we should draft Jake Bobo of UCLA, allow him to bulk up for another 15 lbs w/in a year or two, and watch him be the BEST TE in the NFL..
[ Edited by 9moon on Mar 5, 2023 at 5:22 PM ]

Brenton Strange and Davis Allen look to be guys that may be there at 99. My guess is Lynch grabs one of these two.
Originally posted by 9moon:

They say RB should never be drafted in the 1st round, I say TE should never be drafted in the 1st round.. period !!

Instead, we should draft Jake Bobo of UCLA, allow him to bulk up for another 15 lbs w/in a year or two, and watch him be the BEST TE in the NFL..

Holy s**t I agree with 9moon
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Where the hell was ya'll at during the Vernon Davis draft
Originally posted by krizay:

He was my #2:behind Strange there for a while but feared he just be a blocking TE. His 4.87 kind of confirms that.

While my main criteria for a #2 was blocking. I also wanted some sort of receiving threat. I know his college numbers suggest he could be. I just don't believe he will be
4.87?

You might be right then.

I like Strange as well. Also interested in Braydon Willis.
Originally posted by krizay:

Where the hell was ya'll at during the Vernon Davis draft

Taking a TE in the first round means your team won't be competitive for the next decade
Share 49ersWebzone