LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama

If we do in fact trade Deebo it would not surprise me one bit if we targeted Jameson Williams.

I think he clearly has the most upside of any WR in this class and at the same time would fit our needs and scheme the best.

He could be our version of Tyreek Hill. A guy who can get open, stretch the field, and gain yards with direct handoffs. end arounds, and reverses. I don't think you can say that about most of the WRs in this class.

I understand why some do not want him because of his medical issues. But he certainly has the upside that would warrant a top 10 selection and would be huge for Trey to have a player who even he couldn't overthrow down the field.

As much as I like him, and I do agree hes the best WR in this class. How much pressure is going to be on Lynch if he trades Deebo away and drafts another guy with knee issues? The Kinlaw pick is trajecting poorly.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
As much as I like him, and I do agree hes the best WR in this class. How much pressure is going to be on Lynch if he trades Deebo away and drafts another guy with knee issues? The Kinlaw pick is trajecting poorly.

I didn't want Kinlaw and the pressure/comparison was just one of the reasons.

Jameson Williams I'd be ok with as we don't need him to be Deebo. We just need him to be the best WR he can be.

While I'm sure there will still be comparisons. I think he'd be just fine.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Won't be there at 61
WR1

DK dropped to 64, so I'm holding out some hope
Share 49ersWebzone