There are 301 users in the forums

Kyle Hamilton S Notre Dame

I don't really get the "generational" hype on this guy. I think his size works against him because he's not really all that fluid in space. Looks to cover a good amount of ground despite lacking elite speed, but that short area change of direction ability doesn't seem to be quite there. Of course, still a lot to like, I just wish he were quicker/fluid and maybe a bit faster.
Originally posted by dhp318:
I don't really get the "generational" hype on this guy. I think his size works against him because he's not really all that fluid in space. Looks to cover a good amount of ground despite lacking elite speed, but that short area change of direction ability doesn't seem to be quite there. Of course, still a lot to like, I just wish he were quicker/fluid and maybe a bit faster.

I'm conflicted with Hamilton. Now admittedly I haven't watched much film on him cause he really isn't someone I imagine we will have a shot at drafting. But the film I have watched is pretty damn amazing but I have the same thought process on a 6'4" safety in an ever evolving misdirection heavy NFL. But that's with the traditional safety role but any team taking Hamilton will likely make him into a weapon and line him up all over and let him just be a playmaker.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by dhp318:

I'm conflicted with Hamilton. Now admittedly I haven't watched much film on him cause he really isn't someone I imagine we will have a shot at drafting. But the film I have watched is pretty damn amazing but I have the same thought process on a 6'4" safety in an ever evolving misdirection heavy NFL. But that's with the traditional safety role but any team taking Hamilton will likely make him into a weapon and line him up all over and let him just be a playmaker.

He seems to have great instincts and anticipation. He absolutely pops on tape. It would have been nice to see better speed out of him. He could be the Okudah of safeties, but my money is on him being successful
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
DE - Jermainnnnneee THE ROCCKKKK Johnsonnnnnn !!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
DE - Jermainnnnneee THE ROCCKKKK Johnsonnnnnn !!!

Not related to this thread. Take a seat and stop spamming threads with this crap.

Guy looks so stiff. Probably just nerves
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Meanwhile in the 5th round of the 2021 NFL draft the 49ers found themselves a Safety who picked off 4 passes this season.

With that said, I was a huge Kyle Hamilton fan in the draft nice pick Ravens!!!
Absolute stud. Can't do anything but tip your hat to him. He's the best safety in football, does it all and does it spectacularly.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Absolute stud. Can't do anything but tip your hat to him. He's the best safety in football, does it all and does it spectacularly.

Just completely unbelievable how good he is. He changes the whole game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Funny how a good safety can do that.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Funny how a good safety can do that.

He's long and rangy and has a nose for the ball. Need to account for him if they see him again. I'm not sure they have a great answer. Mostly avoid him I think.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Minkah, Bates III, Winfield Jr., Derwin James, et. al.
Yep, safety play is more important than people think. Not only for the playmaking type but also the guys that erase mistakes by corners and linebackers.
Cincinnati is a prime example. They lost Bell and Bates and are giving up bundles of yardage. They are probably more talented back there now but Hill and Battle aren't near as polished or comfortable yet
Share 49ersWebzone