LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Will Denver offer to swap picks with us?

I wonder if this can happen. The first 2 picks are consensus going to be QBs with Lawrence and Zach Wilson off the board. We are next, but the following 5 teams below us don't need QBs. They already either got the QB they want with a prior draft or they already traded for them. What if Elway calls Lynch up and tells him, "We want to draft Mac Jones, and we want your 3rd pick to do that. And we will give you a 2nd rounder and a future 1st rounder for the 3rd pick". Will Lynch do it, if his true crush is either Trey Lance or Justin Fields? What if Mac Jones is a smoke screen? Drew Lock is not going to work out for Denver, I don't think. They spend a second rounder on him, no big deal, time to move on from him. Lynch still has a strong chance to get Fields or Trey Lance with the 9th pick from Denver.

Pick No 4 - Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan is good for a at 2 or 3 more years. He posted good numbers last season. There is no point to pick a QB that high and waste most of his rookie contract sitting behind Matt Ryan till he retires. Its better to surround Ryan with one of the 2 great WRs in the draft
Pick No. 5 - Cincinnati Bengals - They have Joe Burrows. They are not spending another high pick on a QB. They will get Sewell to protect him if he is still there at pick 5
Pick No. 6 - Miami - They have Tua. They are not going for another QB. He flashed some talent last season and will probably be a good QB in the NFL
Pick No 7 - Detroit Lions - They just got Goff, they are not going for another QB. They had a chance at a top 5 QB but decided to trade for Goff.
Pick No 8 - Carolina Panthers - They just got Sam Darnold. Didn't give up much for him. The still have Teddy Bridgewater, whom they like, and they are set at QB with Darnold as the backup or maybe he wins the starting job.

So, they go from 12h to 9th pick for the cost of a future 1st rounder.
[ Edited by Vancouver49er on Apr 15, 2021 at 1:29 AM ]
Hey guys,

We spent time looking at these QBs, but let's trade down because none of these other teams will take QBs. They won't trade their picks either. Next week's lotto numbers are also 16 35 67 88 18 and 4.

#QuestForSix...Points
Vancouver: although I am not sure I agree with your opinion regarding the next five teams currently due to pick after us, there is nothing to stop any of them from trading down to one of a number of quarterback-hungry teams. Two such trades and we are utterly screwed. Sorry but I think this would be a ridiculous gamble, likely to blow up in our faces.
No.
Keep the 9moon hypotheticals in the designated threads.
Lol hell nah, they're throwing in Bradley Chubb and next years 1st too?
swapping is the best
no. way too far down the line and we no longer control our QB destiny.
someone will trade up to #4 and screw us
Shanahan and the FO know exactly who they want and that guy won't be available after #3. They did not trade up to #3 just to trade back.

Unless we're getting a multiple 1sts back then no, but even then, who says someone else doesn't jump ahead to take who we want?
They'd only trade back 1 spot with Atlanta or whomever holds the number 4 pick. They'd also have to know who that team was trading up for to make sure it wasn't their guy. They'd just tell Atlanta if they don't trade up we might trade the number 3 pick to another team and Atlanta can chance if their guy will still be there.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Keep the 9moon hypotheticals in the designated threads.

SUCH fighting words from a guy wearing 12 bracelets!!
IDK, we already pushed all of our chips into the middle of the table. There is no going back.
If Wilson doesn't go at #2, then I'd trade with ATL if they give enough, 2nd this year and 2nd in 2022 to move up a spot... I'm fine with Jones at #4, but it has to be Fields for me at #3.
Share 49ersWebzone