LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 380 users in the forums

Grayson McCall-QB-Coastal Carolina

Since everyone is already fighting over the QB's the 49ers are looking at, I figured I'd start a thread for a guy that looks to be an up and coming future star. As a redshirt freshman, McCall helped lead Coastal Carolina to an 11-1 record, including 8-0 in their conference. He's very good throwing on the move, not scared to challenge defenses all over the field, good arm, kind of a mess sometimes with the footwork and his decision making is all over thep place but I wouldn't be shocked if we're talking about him as a first rounder in a year or two if he continues to make progress as a passer.

Awesome wide flat feet in the pocket with his hitches.
So you're saying Mac Jones won't lead us to a super bowl?!?!
I agree 100% McColl did NOT look like a Freshman QB running the Chanticleers offense. He showed poise, pocket presence, moxie and better than average arm strength. Since he goes to a small school, I hope he takes his time fine tuning his skills before he declares for the draft. I would love to see him get drafted by the Niners in 2023 or 2024!
Is this for if we draft Jones and then are back at #3 in '24?
Even though he has another year of eligibility left, word is this guy is coming out.

Completed 70-percent of his passes. Threw 24 TD's and two picks. Had been in the transfer portal where he was drawing interest from SEC teams, but withdrew. The tape on this kid is really good. Scans the field like Brock Purdy. Boom, Boom, Boom, Throw.

Projected to be selected in the sixth or seventh round, or signed as a UDFA.
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Feb 2, 2023 at 12:37 PM ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Even though he has another year of eligibility left, word is this guy is coming out.

Completed 70-percent of his passes. Threw 24 TD's and two picks. Had been in the transfer portal where he was drawing interest from SEC teams, but withdrew. The tape on this kid is really good. Scans the field like Brock Purdy. Boom, Boom, Boom, Throw.

Projected to be selected in the sixth or seventh round, or signed as a UDFA.

He's already announced that he's coming back to school for one more year.

https://www.myhorrynews.com/sports/college/coastal-carolina-quarterback-grayson-mccall-announced-return-to-ccu/article_0117e1b0-8a40-11ed-a371-638051b63ae5.html

Definitely on the radar if the 49ers don't draft a QB this year, he's a very promising mid round prospect.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's already announced that he's coming back to school for one more year.

https://www.myhorrynews.com/sports/college/coastal-carolina-quarterback-grayson-mccall-announced-return-to-ccu/article_0117e1b0-8a40-11ed-a371-638051b63ae5.html

Definitely on the radar if the 49ers don't draft a QB this year, he's a very promising mid round prospect.

Ah, DANG! I was going to do a workup on him when I discovered you did it two years ago (you're good).

He's got talent. One of those guys who could very easily slip through the cracks because scouts are focused on the talent coming out of the SEC and other big name schools.
Share 49ersWebzone