LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

2nd Rd Target - post trade

2nd Rd Target - post trade

• Mr711
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Really hoping for Samuels jr or Elijah Moore

Would love to get Moore as well
Niners trade back into mid-late first or early 2nd for Najee Harris.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

• Mr711

Would love too but Harris is gone in Rd 1.
We should prob get our new qb a guard.
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:

Would love too but Harris is gone in Rd 1.

Hard to say. A lot of draft analysts are saying that no running backs will be selected in the 1st round. Also rumors that teams would prefer Javonte since he's got less miles on his legs.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
It seems obvious the two most glaring "needs" are OL and CB, but the good thing is we have enough picks and a good enough team to where we're really going to be a wildcard — we could trade up for Najee, we could move back, etc

Might as well do it if they draft Jones. He needs to be surrounded with talent
I think they can stay true to their board and take BPA however I would only take BPA if that player is graded a lot higher than the other players remaining on their board. If their are a bunch of similar graded players remaining i would try and trade down and recover the 3rd rounder we traded away.

On the flip side if a 1st round graded player falls to the mid 30s i would trade up.
Give Kyle a workhorse 4-down RB and come game day, make the opponents feel like they wish they never showed up once Kyle flashes all of his toys.

I am so fricking excited for this draft!!!!!!!!

1. We have Schrodinger's QB. We simultaneously have all 3 QBs and yet none. This is the most anticipated pick that I can remember and I have been following Niner drafts for 25+ years! The Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers one was the only thing that could rival it, but the team was so bad at that point we were more desperate than we are now.

2. While the needs of this team are still fairly obvious (IOL depth/future, Slot WR/KR, CB depth), the team has gone about signing solid vets enough that none of our picks are earmarked.
For the absolute love of s**t please
draft a cb. Multiple ones
Originally posted by elguapo:
For the absolute love of s**t please
draft a cb. Multiple ones

We don't need a 2nd round CB when we can get a first RD RB and score 40/game.
Regardless of who the #3 pick is, the Niners need to solidify their oline, specifically the interior. Say what you want about Jimmy's missed deep throw, but Chris Jones wrecked that SB in the second half.

If they think the platoon method at RG makes sense, fine. But I'd love to take a blue chip RT and slide them in at RG. Then, they are prepared to replace Mcglinchy, freeing up that $$$ to go to Warner.
[ Edited by Butter on Apr 25, 2021 at 1:16 AM ]
For the threads about the quarterbacks, 2000 pages in Draft War Room, another 600 pages in Niner Talk, and 10 pages on the second round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone