LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 161 users in the forums

Kadarius Toney, WR/OW-Chiefs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Projected to go late first. It's unlikely we grab another WR this early, but you never know. I loved watching this guy play. He's truly an OW and was born to play in Shanahan's offense with his ability to line up everywhere from wideout to the backfield and separate before and after the catch. Wild change of direction--dude has some of the craziest ligament-snapping cuts you'll see. Great in motion and sweeps. He's like a fusion of Deebo and Tavon Austin.

5'11 1/8, 189 lbs

I was very impressed while watching Pitts, I was going to post something like this, Toney has Shanahan written all over him. I'm glad he started getting more vertical looks as well.

Love that he turned up to the Senior Bowl as well, I agree that it's unlikely we go WR again, but with some trade downs it could happen.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I was very impressed while watching Pitts, I was going to post something like this, Toney has Shanahan written all over him. I'm glad he started getting more vertical looks as well.

Love that he turned up to the Senior Bowl as well, I agree that it's unlikely we go WR again, but with some trade downs it could happen.

You know at first thinking about it, I thought,"hell no, no more WRs. We've invested enough." But then I considered 2 factors: 1) We saw how decimated our depth chart can get in a season even with all of the investments we've made 2) Shanahan has drafted a WR in every single draft. Maybe they want to be like the Steelers and draft WRs every year, avoid having to pay them and keep the position group reloaded with fresh bodies. WRs make a ton of money, and Deebo is coming up for an extension. Something to consider.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 15, 2021 at 3:22 PM ]

I'd hate it at #12, but after a trade down I could live with it.

Thing is there are so many good WR's these days, we can surely hit on some of these later round guys.

Still a great fit for us though.
For sure not at 12. No way. But definitely would consider drafting him with our 2nd-round pick if he's there. I could see the Jets grabbing him with their late 1st to give LaFleur his own Deebo.
Originally posted by Heroism:
For sure not at 12. No way. But definitely would consider drafting him with our 2nd-round pick if he's there. I could see the Jets grabbing him with their late 1st to give LaFleur his own Deebo.

just and FYI
Not sure we go down that road again

Looks like there are a lot of these types of players who would fit in our offense. Excited to see which one we get
Dude legit juked a guy so bad he blew his knee out lol

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

You know at first thinking about it, I thought,"hell no, no more WRs. We've invested enough." But then I considered 2 factors: 1) We saw how decimated our depth chart can get in a season even with all of the investments we've made 2) Shanahan has drafted a WR in every single draft. Maybe they want to be like the Steelers and draft WRs every year, avoid having to pay them and keep the position group reloaded with fresh bodies. WRs make a ton of money, and Deebo is coming up for an extension. Something to consider.

He does draft one every year, but I doubt this early. Just need a complementary player that can challenge as no. 3. That player cam be found on day 3 IMO.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

just and FYI

Definitely need to dig into his background, but I don't have issues with this specific incident. Looks to me like Toney exercised his 2nd amendment right. I'm all for that.
Definitely need to dig into his background, but I don't have issues with this specific incident. Looks to me like Toney exercised his 2nd amendment right. I'm all for that.

Like my dude QW!

Loaded AR15 in the back of his car? That s**t isn't gonna fly on CA, just ask Ruben Foster. The gators have a "no weapons" policy & I believe he was suspended for another an altercation as well...

Nah, he's talent but he sounds like a dummy.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Loaded AR15 in the back of his car? That s**t isn't gonna fly on CA, just ask Ruben Foster. The gators have a "no weapons" policy & I believe he was suspended for another an altercation as well...

Nah, he's talent but he sounds like a dummy.

Well, no duh that ain't going to fly in Commiefornia(well, if you really want to get technical, if the ar15 is registered here, featureless or fixed mag w/ 10-round mag, it's in his trunk and in a gun case, he's okay). But he's in Florida, and according to that article, he didn't break any laws. He very well may be a dummy but not over that incident.

Reuben Foster was a dumbass on multiple levels, and it was painfully obvious during the draft process. I haven't dug into Toney as well I did with Reuben, but I remember it took me 5min scrolling on Reuben's IG page to realize dude was an idiot.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 15, 2021 at 6:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone