There are 219 users in the forums

Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern

6-1 190 CB with great instincts, amazing feet, and played in a zone-heavy scheme at Northwestern.

Not a ton of tape of him, but when he played he allowed 12 catches (on 34 targets) for less then 100 yards this yr. He was playing great vs OSU before leaving with a groin injury. I think he's a top 100 pick.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

kid can play...I would like better tackling but he's at least willing to lower the shoulder.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
kid can play...I would like better tackling but he's at least willing to lower the shoulder.

I like him I think there's more value in a guy like Taylor or Newsome than in Surtain, Farley and Horn.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I like him I think there's more value in a guy like Taylor or Newsome than in Surtain, Farley and Horn.

agreed! I want to watch more of Taylor.

He would be a great fit, would probably need to grab him with our 2nd.
I'm down, I quite like the look of Asante Samuel Jr, but I like both of these over Eric Stokes.
I'd really like to know what DeMeco's vision is for his defense. It sucks not knowing concretely if he plans to pick up where Saleh left off(two-high/quarters zone defense) or do his own thing.

Apparently Kyle was behind the shift away from Cover 3, so I'd expect it to continue.

Reading the tea leaves I think Kyle would like to be multiple, he finds it easy to attack D's who tip their hands, I bet he'd like to spring a few surprises.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Apparently Kyle was behind the shift away from Cover 3, so I'd expect it to continue.

Reading the tea leaves I think Kyle would like to be multiple, he finds it easy to attack D's who tip their hands, I bet he'd like to spring a few surprises.

I think you're right.

Been seeming a lot of players talking about blitzing more as well....
Originally posted by Heroism:

I think you're right.

Would be the smart move, change change change. Look at the QBs in the division, what is the best way to stop them?
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Would be the smart move, change change change. Look at the QBs in the division, what is the best way to stop them?

2 deadly scrambling midgets leads me to believe they'll still be heavily based in zone coverages. You want as many eyes as possible at all times on those 2 little f**ks.
Share 49ersWebzone