LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Kellen Mond-QB-Texas A&M

Kellen is a goofy ass looking dude with those shoulder pads and the way he holds the ball. Who the heck taught him this?

Originally posted by Heroism:
Kellen is a goofy ass looking dude with those shoulder pads and the way he holds the ball. Who the heck taught him this?

Dickey was also the OC at Memphis while Paxton Lynch was there and nobody taught Lynch crap about quarterbacking at a high level. In a way, Mond will be fortunate because he won't go real early and he won't have a ton of pressure on him to produce immediately so he'll be able to simply sit back and learn, spend a few years refining his mechanics and getting up to speed. There's a lot of talent there and in terms of his awareness and reading coverages he's more advanced than might be expected with him coming out of A&M.

Big no thanks for me

Reminds me of the Tedford QBs back in the day
Dude throws darts. Feet are nice. QB is such a crapshoot. You just never know. For a day 3 guy, he's got more talent than CJ or Mullens.

No.
Dude throws darts. Feet are nice. QB is such a crapshoot. You just never know. For a day 3 guy, he's got more talent than CJ or Mullens.

Especially this. If Mullens could look passable at times while lacking the athleticism, arm strength and overall talent of Mond, at worst I think Shanahan could use this guy to great effect in certain packages as well as potentially becoming a decent backup. We're not talking about a 1st or 2nd rounder here and likely not even a 3rd rounder. In the 4th I'd roll the dice on Mond.

#FreeScangarello
👀 If there's a Dak in this draft, Mond probably has a chance to be that guy.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 5, 2021 at 11:15 AM ]
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Reminds me of the Tedford QBs back in the day

Haha yep.

I remember when he blew a bigg lead against the Josh Rosen UCLA. I think it's the game that made Rosen a top prospect.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Especially this. If Mullens could look passable at times while lacking the athleticism, arm strength and overall talent of Mond, at worst I think Shanahan could use this guy to great effect in certain packages as well as potentially becoming a decent backup. We're not talking about a 1st or 2nd rounder here and likely not even a 3rd rounder. In the 4th I'd roll the dice on Mond.

#FreeScangarello

👀 If there's a Dak in this draft, Mond probably has a chance to be that guy.

Agree with both of you
Originally posted by 9erguy:
No.

And no again.
Of the people saying no, how much have you actually watched Mond play or are you just seeing a mobile passer playing for A&M, thinking of Manziel and being like:

I saw some of the same exact sorts of comments back in the Dak Prescott thread back in the day. People just thought Tebow because of the system and shut off any opportunity for looking at the guy as an indvidual. Unlike Prescott, I don't think Mond is ready to start Day 1, nor would he need to.

At worst I think you get a decent backup with a large toolkit and a passer that can replicate everything that Mullens can do but is far better on the move, more advanced as a passer and creating plays out of nothing, on the other hand if you give him a couple years to improve his mechanics and study up on a pro playbook, you might wind up with a solid NFL starter. Even if you don't, he's not costing you a 1st or 2nd round pick to find out.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Of the people saying no, how much have you actually watched Mond play or are you just seeing a mobile passer playing for A&M, thinking of Manziel and being like:

I saw some of the same exact sorts of comments back in the Dak Prescott thread back in the day. People just thought Tebow because of the system and shut off any opportunity for looking at the guy as an indvidual. Unlike Prescott, I don't think Mond is ready to start Day 1, nor would he need to.

At worst I think you get a decent backup with a large toolkit and a passer that can replicate everything that Mullens can do but is far better on the move, more advanced as a passer and creating plays out of nothing, on the other hand if you give him a couple years to improve his mechanics and study up on a pro playbook, you might wind up with a solid NFL starter. Even if you don't, he's not costing you a 1st or 2nd round pick to find out.

Shanahan alone will like Mond's quick release. He's also done a nice job incrementally improving YoY.

Garoppolo - Rosen - Mund is probably a realistic 1,2,3 depth chart entering training camp w. Mullens signing a vet min contract and being placed on PUP.
Share 49ersWebzone