LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Jaelan Phillips-EDGE-Miami

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Frank Gore was a big risk too. Gotta take chances sometimes, nobody wins playing it safe every time.

Frank Gore was a 3rd rounder. In the 3rd it makes more sense to swing for the fences on a guy with major injury issues.

The thing is you always knew Gore loved football, now hearing this guy quit and was interested in music more than football I wouldn't take this guy until MAYBE the 4th at the earliest. A 3rd rounder can definitely help right away
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Frank Gore was a big risk too. Gotta take chances sometimes, nobody wins playing it safe every time.

Frank Gore was a 3rd rounder. In the 3rd it makes more sense to swing for the fences on a guy with major injury issues.

The thing is you always knew Gore loved football, now hearing this guy quit and was interested in music more than football I wouldn't take this guy until MAYBE the 4th at the earliest. A 3rd rounder can definitely help right away

He'd be a great pick in the 1st too. He basically just took 2 months off. The kid obviously wants to play.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
He'd be a great pick in the 1st too. He basically just took 2 months off. The kid obviously wants to play.

Except there's plenty of other prospects out there without major injury concerns who didn't retire in the middle of their college careers. Phillips isn't Nick Bosa or Chase Young level where you can somewhat ignore those red flags.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Except there's plenty of other prospects out there without major injury concerns who didn't retire in the middle of their college careers. Phillips isn't Nick Bosa or Chase Young level where you can somewhat ignore those red flags.

Yeah he's not either of those guys which is why he's not going #2.

He'll be a steal anywhere after number 20 though.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

If he wasn't a quitter and didn't have super sketchy medicals, he'd be EDGE1. But he's off my board if I'm a GM.

I don't see how John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan can even consider drafting this dude given all the injuries and b******t they've endured since 2017.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

If he wasn't a quitter and didn't have super sketchy medicals, he'd be EDGE1. But he's off my board if I'm a GM.

I don't see how John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan can even consider drafting this dude given all the injuries and b******t they've endured since 2017.

This and it sucks because he's clearly talented at a position of need

I agree. such a shame, too, since it's clear the kid has some major talent. just too risky.
No!

Injuries are the deciding factor.

We have wayyyyyyyyyyy too much experience w/injured players.

We need guys who will be on the field contributing.

I mean I get the concussions stuff...but he also got hit by a car lol.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 22, 2021 at 1:00 PM ]

Talent is not an issue. He was more highly rated coming out if high school than Chase Young. If this was 2017 and their first draft, sure, roll the dice on him but at this point, they need much more of a sure thing.
I read that his dad, in an interview with 247 sports, had mentioned that Jaelan had lost his love for the sport and was the last to arrive first to leave type, and this was before the medical retirement. My guess is he never loved football, just loved being "the guy.". Some guys peak in highschool and can never let go of that feeling.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I read that his dad, in an interview with 247 sports, had mentioned that Jaelan had lost his love for the sport and was the last to arrive first to leave type, and this was before the medical retirement. My guess is he never loved football, just loved being "the guy.". Some guys peak in highschool and can never let go of that feeling.

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

undraftable

Link?

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

undraftable

That's the sort of stuff i saw out of Takk McKinley and Jachai Polite, just wanted to get in the league for a pay day, didn't want to be great
Share 49ersWebzone