There are 135 users in the forums

Landon Dickerson, Center, Alabama

• fip24
  • Veteran
I was hoping Landon would fall to us in rd 2. After his injury yesterday, he's likely to drop a round so he may be in play in late rd 2 or early rd 3.
If available at the top of rd 3, Dickerson would be well worth trading a late 3rd ( for Saleh) and 4th to grab ( even is he loses 2021)
Dude has dealt with injuries his whole college career
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Sounds like a Niner pick to me
I'm over drafting guy coming off serious knee injuries.

Still remember when we drafted Brandon Thomas in the 3rd round and I thought we had a stud G for cheap. I wouldn't touch an ACL rehab guy(especially a bigger dude) until the 4th round at the earliest.
Before he got injured, I would have said maybe about Dickerson as a draft prospect. Good center, but not the most mobile linemen. After the injury, not a chance.
Best system fit in the draft. Sarkisian runs the same WCO as Kyle(he worked for Kyle and took over in ATL) and Dickerson has been handling the same center responsibilities as our centers are charged with.

Would be a great fit.
Idk who seen it but that was one of the coolest s**t I've seen 💪🏻👍🏻👍🏻 I hope this kid has a hell of a career regardless

Originally posted by Alfienator:

Sounds like a Niner pick to me

Yeah this may be the most loved player by his teammates that I've seen here. That's gotta count for something.
Originally posted by genus49:
I'm over drafting guy coming off serious knee injuries.

Still remember when we drafted Brandon Thomas in the 3rd round and I thought we had a stud G for cheap. I wouldn't touch an ACL rehab guy(especially a bigger dude) until the 4th round at the earliest.

Brandon Thomas, Marcus Martin, Josh Garnett...sheesh the list goes on and on.

I think he's my favourite OL prospect so far, I was watching Mac Jones and just kept seeing this guy abusing people.

Always looking for work and there's loads of talk about his smarts and leadership.

He'd be a nailed on 1st round Center, I know the injuries are rough, but if that brings him down to us with our 2nd I'm in.
His injuries are really concerning but when healthy he is the best center in this draft. I may would wait and see how far he falls in the 2nd.
Originally posted by miked1978:
His injuries are really concerning but when healthy he is the best center in this draft. I may would wait and see how far he falls in the 2nd.

The draft is always a crapshoot and this year will be worse, I'd rather take a shot on injury concerns for a guy I'm pretty sure will be a stud if healthy.

It would be the right discount as well as this guy goes top 25 otherwise.
1) We don't need to be rolling the dice on any more injured players. I don't care if it's day 3.
2) Kyle wants a center making all the calls at the line. A rookie isn't ready to handle that in this offense.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 26, 2021 at 5:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
1) We don't need to be rolling the dice on any more injured players. I don't care if it's day 3.
2) Kyle wants a center making all the calls at the line. A rookie isn't ready to handle that in this offense.

Well I'd rather roll the dice on an injured guy than one who didn't put any tape out there this year.

I get why we'd be hesitant, but this guy seems worth the risk.

Also what's the alternative? Lindsey will cost the earth, Alex Mack is old AND injured, Richburg is injured, Garland is trash.

Brunskill may develop, but who cares, he's so versatile it won't hurt to move him around again whenever we need to.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Jan 26, 2021 at 5:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone