There are 209 users in the forums

Talanoa Hufanga -Safety USC

Originally posted by Heroism:
Azeez Al Shaair made huge strides last year and finished strong. It's not going to be easy to supplant him if he continues playing the way he did towards the end of 2020.

I don't think Hufanga's weight will be what holds him back if he gets snaps at SAM. It's a stack LB position in this defense, so if he keys fast enough, his weight won't really matter too much. Telvin Smith played stack LB at a high level recently at 6'3" 215 lbs. The game has changed. It's all about keying quick and shooting gaps. But seriously, people spend too much time discussing SAM LB and the 2 snaps a game it gets.

For me, i like the idea of the move so 4-3 can maybe have more snaps against receiving TEs or big WRs.
I love the idea of ward, tartt, and (hufanga) being able to swap presnap as a disguise.
Ward coming down to cover a TE while tartt bails. Then when they motion ward doesnt follow, just passes to hufanga.

also now you have 4 good coverage guys in the box with quickness and 2 (hufanga-warner) have really good ball skills. Quick passes over the middle will be dangerous.

also 4 people who can spy the QB or rotate so one can attack the QB when he breaks the pocket.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on May 2, 2021 at 9:29 PM ]
Soooo.... are bringing back Mike Nolan's "big nickel?"
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/195183-49ers-select-talanoa-hufanga-180th-pick-nfl-draft/
Share 49ersWebzone