LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

WITH THE 12TH PICK OF THE 2021 DRAFT...

Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
Surtain II for me! But we don't draft CB's , certainly not good ones

Surtain wasn't even the best defensive player on Bama tonight.
  • Mr711
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
Surtain II for me! But we don't draft CB's , certainly not good ones

Because Fields wouldn't even look his way and when he did he sailed it. Surtain was in his head. Fields knew better.

It's called shutdown CB

I really like him and feel he's going to be a solid CB. Maybe not all elite but a solid starting NFL CB. He's legit.
[ Edited by MrNineSeven on Jan 11, 2021 at 10:51 PM ]
Surtain is worth drafting...for sure. So are Horn & Farley. Any of those 3 works for me.
I'm a pretty defensive minded person and the player I saw tonight that I felt would be great on the Niners is Barmore for Alabama. Thoughts please
Originally posted by NinerTy:
I'm a pretty defensive minded person and the player I saw tonight that I felt would be great on the Niners is Barmore for Alabama. Thoughts please

Another interior DL in the 1st....not gonna go over well by any 49ers fan.

EDGE is understandable since Ford has flamed out but super hard pass on any interior dline in the 1st. I'd take him in the 2nd though if he fell and is BPA but we need CBs and IOL
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Wonder how bad Wyatt's injury is. Had to be helped off field tonight, may drop him out of R1.
I do like scenario 2 the best.

Wyatt got hurt. That's DEF our pick then lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Wonder how bad Wyatt's injury is. Had to be helped off field tonight, may drop him out of R1.
I do like scenario 2 the best.

Wyatt got hurt. That's DEF our pick then lol

good point.
This thread is silly, but fun.

You can't do a serious mock until your free agents are signed. For example: Are you going to draft a cb with the 12 th pick if we sign Verrett and K uan Williams . No!

Once we designate Ford and Richburg June 1 cuts soon we will have plenty of money to sign Trent, Juice, Fred, Our 2 corners plus other mid level Free Agents.

If that's the case draft a Edge with the first pick. Cb with the second and Ol/ C with the third.

If a edge is not worth pick 12 drop down for more picks, but get the best edge for your scheme.

Also, watching the Ram game a rb back would we great in round 4.

Just my 2 cents
Originally posted by steiber:
Take the best player available regardless of position. This team could use a good young player literally at every position group except for WR. Reaching for a player is the worst thing a team can do. With all the picks they have, if they stay put and consistently pick the best player on their board, this team will see a dramatic increase in talent and depth on the roster.

Agreed, within reason of course.....I once read that a GM said " That you Draft the Player not the position ". Which says to me that you select the player who fits your team best with their particular strengths and weaknesses, individual talent level, over all drive and intangibles. Every team has a history of their own hits and misses in the NFL draft and the higher the draft choice the greater the scrutiny that comes with those picks.As many have said,There is no magic formula, drafting is more a art,( with lotsa Luck thrown in ) than a science.
I think the term the GMs use Best Player Available is purposely misleading. They really draft the best player on the Board for a position of need. If Trent resigns with us and the best player available for us at 12 is a left tackle would you draft that player?

The niners are gonna draft pass rusher jaelan phillips with the 12 pick or a trade back if all his medical's check out because just watch his film this year he played really good ball and showed his potential. The niners know the reason they won last year was because of a dominate defense line so they need a guy opposite side to bosa so that bosa won't get double teamed all the time.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Surtain blanketed his side of the field. They went after Jobe and Branch all night. Barmore also had a good game and is a really good player.
Howevah, #31, Will Anderson, the true freshman edge rusher is going to be the best when it's all said and done. High cut, quick twitch, and nasty. 3rd in the SEC in sacks behind only Ojulari and Barmore, and his first didn't come till the Auburn game. He's top 5 if he adds more muscle and refines a few of his moves. Gives me a Jevon Kearse feel without quite the Freaks wingspan.
Also, the next lockdown corner is our slot man, Malachi Moore, a true freshman who was hurt and out of the title game. He's looked really good as well.

And there is your Bama homer segment for the night.
12th pick used on:

1: Deshaun Watson
2: Aaron Rodgers
3: Zach Wilson
4: Trey Lance
5a: Caleb Farley
5b: Kwity Paye
6: Mac Jones
7: Matthew Stafford

Anyone else, and I'm probably pissed
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
12th pick used on:

1: Deshaun Watson
2: Aaron Rodgers
3: Zach Wilson
4: Trey Lance
5a: Caleb Farley
5b: Kwity Paye
6: Mac Jones
7: Matthew Stafford

Anyone else, and I'm probably pissed

I'm noticing a trend here....
If Surtain drops to 12 do we pass that up?
Share 49ersWebzone