LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

49ers need a 5'10" running QB. With a great arm and accuracy.

1) Russell Wilson - Seattle - The original and the best. He is shifty, quick, fast, throws with great accuracy from the pocket, outside the pocket, throws on the run, creates plays out of thin air off script. His arm is much stronger than people give him credit for. Most experienced of the guys here. Super Bowl win and appearance and stats out of this world.

2) Russell Wilson 2.0 - Arizona - All the same see above. Except faster, younger and the only downside is less experienced. But that will come with time. It's remarkable how good he is already. Probable Super Bowl winner someday. Just look how good he is already.

3) Russell Wilson 3.0 - Drafted by 49ers - Where can we find this guy? Who is this player? We need to acquire him immediately. We need a Franchise QB. I'm sick of looking at this garbage we field at QB for like a decade. We need a real QB.

We need a QB who can throw touchdowns and win games. Who can create when the play breaks down. Not a QB who hides behind a powerhouse defense built from top draft picks for years and years. And a power running game with a few play action passes mixed in. We need somebody who can throw down the field and go vertical. You have to attack the whole field. Not just hide your QB.

So where can we find this guy? Who do you suggest? It's a proven winning formula. We need a much better QB. There is no doubt about it.
since when did russell wilson 1.0/2.0 throw great from the pocket.
Originally posted by kujon11:

Russell Wilson 1.0 is actually pretty accurate there. Russell Wison 2.0 is not really bad from there IMO. But why do you even care how they get it done? If they get it done they get it done right. You just want a QB to throw touchdowns and win games. I don't care how. It bothers you if they throw touchdowns and win games outside the pocket? Why?

I'd rather have Joe Montana 2.0
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I'd rather have Joe Montana 2.0

I don't think the Buccs are gonna let him go
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Montana 3.0.

On the subject of this thread, I hope we aren't going to turn into size queens with QB too now. We know (or at least I think) what elite QB play looks like. Give us a guy that will attack all over the field, has good mobility, and can process defenses quickly and we'll be good for years to come.
My lord these guys are so much better than what we see it's not even funny. Our QB situation is horrific. This is what real NFL QB play looks like. We need a new QB. Or 3 of them. Maybe keep Mullens as a backup. The rest can go.
Zach WIison is taller but with the right development can be as good as the midgets.
Why not a 6'3" 224 lb QB who can run (Trey Lance)? I would be happy with him as the QB of the future as well.

I'd rather have a 6-3, 210 lb QB who can run, throw with accuracy all over the field and make smart and quick decisions. That'd be Zach Wilson.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
My lord these guys are so much better than what we see it's not even funny. Our QB situation is horrific. This is what real NFL QB play looks like. We need a new QB. Or 3 of them. Maybe keep Mullens as a backup. The rest can go.

Wilson and Murray are successful in spite of their height not because of it.

Quarterbacks with a baseball background is something I'd look for. Wilson, Murray, Brady, Mahomes, etc...

Playing in cold/ inclement weather is another thing I'd look for. Playing in Florida or Southern California your whole life all the way through College doesn't translate well to the NFL (USC, UCLA, Florida, FSU, Miami). Aikman started at Oklahoma and went to High School there. Jim Kelly was from Pennsylvania. Bernie Kosar was from Ohio. Testaverde was from New York.

Passion for the game is harder to quantify, but the greats have it.

Horrific, what a total exaggeration. This is horrific: Chicago Bears, Washington, Jamies Winston 30 interceptions, Jets. Browns and Lions never going to a Super Bowl. Texans great and expensive QB equals 2 wins so far against the one win Jags

Many blame Jimmy G for the overthrow to Sanders in the Super Bowl. Perhaps Sanders could have run faster or laid out for the pass. Looks like he let up to me. I'm not happy with Jimmy G, but it looked like he could throw 50 yards back then.
Russell Wilson's height is one of his most exploitable weaknesses. It sometimes interferes with his in rhythm throwing and allows teams who do a contain mushrush to cause him problems from time to time.
If everything else was equal, I'd prefer a taller QB but most of the taller guys don't move around like the smaller guys. The thing that amazes me about Murray and Wilson is their arm strength. It's amazing how far and accurately they can throw the deep ball. I love watching Wilson's passes. He spins the ball so well that there is barely a wobble.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by kujon11:

Russell Wilson 1.0 is actually pretty accurate there. Russell Wison 2.0 is not really bad from there IMO. But why do you even care how they get it done? If they get it done they get it done right. You just want a QB to throw touchdowns and win games. I don't care how. It bothers you if they throw touchdowns and win games outside the pocket? Why?

that's a lot of assumptions that you've made on my behalf for a question that I honestly asked. I don't deny that at least Russel Wilson is having a lot of success. However, you can't deny that Russel Wilson for a large part has succeeded as a result of his physical gifts. Calling him a great pocket passer who can disseminate a defense and make the correct reads and make timing throws consistently is a little bit of an exaggeration don't you think? To say that Russel Wilson would be great at running Kyle Shannan's preferred offense is just a stretch imo.
Share 49ersWebzone