Originally posted by NYniner85:
Myjai Sanders staying for his senior year

That sucks. He was a good prospect.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Myjai Sanders staying for his senior year

SOAB. Guess I'm all in on Patrick Jones II
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Heroism:
God damn! This is f**king nice. Violent chop!! That's a 270+ lbs dude cornering like that! Not pretty but very functional! I need to watch this game.

Is Kwity really 6'4"? He looks shorter(good thing). I've seen people comp him to Brandon Graham. I see it. 👀 This dude could do everything AA does from day 1 and more as a pass rusher as base edge.

Exactly what I was thinking. He may not be a guy that puts up huge sack numbers but he'll be in the QBs face frequently.

He looks like he'd thrive in W9 here.
Originally posted by NCommand:

He's a real nice prospect. Comes with great size and athleticism so you can use him in a variety of roles, he's kind of what people hoped Armstead could be. Ferocious on the outside or on the inside. Haven't liked a Michigan player as much since Chase "The 49ers drafted a broken down Hurd instead" Winovich.
I think there is a good chance that either Paye or Rousseau is there at 12. One of the two will be gone, but the other will be available. To me, Paye is more like a Bosa-type and Rousseau is more Aldon Smith.
[ Edited by hummbabybear on Jan 8, 2021 at 8:58 PM ]
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
I think there is a good chance that either Paye or Rousseau is there at 12. One of the two will be gone, but the other will be available. To me, Paye is more like a Bosa-type and Rousseau is more Aldon Smith.

Not a big fan of Rosusseau. Dude is too damn tall. I'm done drafting basketball players. The way he was used last year did remind me of Aldon, tho.

I like my pass rushers built like Paye and Bosa(ie ~6'3", 260lbs tanks, powerful, explosive).
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 9, 2021 at 9:32 AM ]
Originally posted by hummbabybear:

No thanks to Rousseau. Super raw, could have worked on his technique but instead opted out

Let him be someone else's project.
Paye with a trade back up in the 1st for Mac.
Not a big fan of Rosusseau. Dude is too damn tall. I'm done drafting basketball players. The way he was used last year did remind me of Aldon, tho.

I like my pass rushers built like Paye and Bosa(ie ~6'3", 260lbs tanks, powerful, explosive).

I think you're being blinded by his length with regards to any Aldon comparisons/similarities. He doesn't have the closing speed nor near the technique Aldon did. It is a bit scary tho to have a guy that long and that explosive be so productive despite being so raw, but not a gamble I want to take. I question if he will ever be able to excell outside, and if he will ever be able to keep his pad level low enough to excell inside. Overrated, imo, as a top 10-15 pick, but definitely a 1st rounder.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Jan 9, 2021 at 11:32 AM ]

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think you're being blinded by his length with regards to any Aldon comparisons/similarities. He doesn't have the closing speed nor near the technique Aldon did. It is a bit scary tho to have a guy that long and that explosive be so productive despite being so raw, but not a gamble I want to take. I question if he will ever be able to excell outside, and if he will ever be able to keep his pad level low enough to excell inside. Overrated, imo, as a top 10-15 pick, but definitely a 1st rounder.

Oh, no doubt. I just saying how he was used reminded me of Aldon at Missouri, and not that he reminded me of Aldon.
Oh, no doubt. I just saying how he was used reminded me of Aldon at Missouri, and not that he reminded me of Aldon.

Fair enough, I misunderstood
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NCommand:

He's a real nice prospect. Comes with great size and athleticism so you can use him in a variety of roles, he's kind of what people hoped Armstead could be. Ferocious on the outside or on the inside. Haven't liked a Michigan player as much since Chase "The 49ers drafted a broken down Hurd instead" Winovich.

Nice!
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Paye with a trade back up in the 1st for Mac.

I like this
An edge prospect to watch at the Senior Bowl is Patrick Jones II out of Pitt.

He's improved every yr and seems like an ideal fit for our offense. He's looking like a late day 2 guy might be in range with our 3rd rd comp pick (small move up if you want him for sure).

I like the Preston Smith comp.
Share 49ersWebzone