LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

2021 edge rush prospects

In my opinion, this draft is good for QB, Offensive lineman and Corners. Should always take what each draft offers instead of reaching for position of need unless you absolutely have to. I don't think any edge rusher available on day 2 will be better than some of the offensive linemen and cornerbacks that will be available. Day 3 is where I'd look to add edge rusher help unless one of the better ones falls on day 2, which they rarely ever do cause everyone needs pass rushers. Hero, relying on you to find that day 3 gem bro
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Patrick Johnson from Tulane
Originally posted by jimrat:
Patrick Johnson from Tulane

Was gonna post his name too
Originally posted by 49ers808:
In my opinion, this draft is good for QB, Offensive lineman and Corners. Should always take what each draft offers instead of reaching for position of need unless you absolutely have to. I don't think any edge rusher available on day 2 will be better than some of the offensive linemen and cornerbacks that will be available. Day 3 is where I'd look to add edge rusher help unless one of the better ones falls on day 2, which they rarely ever do cause everyone needs pass rushers. Hero, relying on you to find that day 3 gem bro

Agreed.

Grab a QB, IOL, CB resign Hyder and get a vet like Tarrk or Kerrigan and let's get cooking
Tarron Jackson, Coastal Carolina Univ.
Day 3 small school prospect, undersized, got a smooth spin move, not Dwight Freeney smooth but it works a lot. Explosive off the line. Needs a lot of work in the run game, over pursuits.
Honestly, I think this class sucks besides maybe some late-round guys with upside and 1 potential star from Miami.

This is not the year to draft DE in the middle rounds.
They should have drafted Bradlee Anae, Utah last draft.
Guys I've been watching (and their jersey #s):

Hutchinson #97 (Michigan)
Paye #19 (Michigan)
Basham #9 (Wake Forest)
Jones #91 (Pittsburgh)
Rumph #96 (Duke)
Owen #28 (Penn State)
Toney #18 (Penn State)
Rashed #9 (Oregon State)
Roche #2 (Miami)
Smith #11 (Ohio St.)
Thomas #3 (Clemson)
Kaindoh #13 (Florida St.)
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Honestly, I think this class sucks besides maybe some late-round guys with upside and 1 potential star from Miami.

I actually think this is a great draft to grab depth on day 2
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

I actually think this is a great draft to grab depth on day 2

Who's your day 2 pass rushers? Cause I've watched 10-15 guys so far and non scream day 2 that will be available.

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Tarron Jackson, Coastal Carolina Univ.
Day 3 small school prospect, undersized, got a smooth spin move, not Dwight Freeney smooth but it works a lot. Explosive off the line. Needs a lot of work in the run game, over pursuits.

Fits the profile of what we need. Day 3 is ideal because of other priorities as well as how the draft looks. Said player only needs to bring some heat on 3rd downs one on one initially because the attention will be going elsewhere.
Who's your day 2 pass rushers? Cause I've watched 10-15 guys so far and non scream day 2 that will be available.

Shaka Toney, Azeez Ojulari, Jason Oweh, Patrick Jones, Quincy Roche, Malcolm Koonce, Joseph Ossai, Hamilcar Rashed Jr, Xavier Thomas, Jaelan Phillips, Rashad Weaver, and Victor Dimukeji, Myjai Sanders, Zaven Collins are all players I'd feel comfortable with on day two based on limited viewing. Joshua Kaindoh likely goes later but has a chance at day 2, and Kwity Paye I think is a top 25 prospect, but if he drops, is a no brainer. I also love a lot of the better corner prospects in the draft, and so, QB situation pending, I think we have a good chance to strengthen the team at key positions this draft.
Like the mid to late round options in Patrick Johnson (Tulane) and Tarron Jackson (Coastal Carolina) that jimrat and 808 came up with. Two more names to add to that list. Daelin Hayes (Notre Dame) as a hybrid OLB/PR for the strongside and the "other" pass rusher at Duke, Chris Rumph III. Rumph has to add some bulk but he does have the skills for an edge rusher.
Elerson Smith-Northern Iowa. His game is perfect for this Wide 9 scheme. He's got outstanding length, a nice first step and has been developing as a complete DE but is definitely more of a third down pass rusher/pure edge at this point.

Share 49ersWebzone