LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Originally posted by boomer49er:
No. Mac Jones supporters are vastly overestimating his floor.

Lol. I can't say he won't be here... Crazy things happen.

I can only say he won't go #3.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
If you don't think Mac Jones can be a top 5 QB in this league, He's not the right pick. And I not once have seen his supporters in the media say he could be a top 5 QB. All I keep hearing is he is going to be a good QB. There are 20 good QB's in the NFL.

That's because the Mac supporters are starting at the ground up. Where good is his floor. The supporters for everyone else is already on the elevator pushing the penthouse button.

No. Mac Jones supporters are vastly overestimating his floor.

His floor is career back up

More like a 3rd year free agent.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wait, you need pass pro to throw deep balls? Huh. Maybe that's why Kyle dials up 3 a year.

if you can't throw off script and out of the pocket...yeah you're gonna need a legit pocket to throw a deep ball, especially if you're arm talent isn't top end.

This will end up being a massive failure. sucks but it's the truth.

If Kyle is this arrogant with QBs, why would he be any different with his ZB OL? Guess what he won't be.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by jcs:
Russell Wilson is the only true "Athletic QB" to win a SB in the last 10 years. Kyler Murray just s**t the bed just as his team was knocking on the door to the playoffs. The two of them should not be taken as similar players.

and that win had less to do with his skills and athleticism as opposed to having a legendary defense. A year later he literally lost them the super bowl.

lol what the hell is ya'll definitions of "athletic QB" anyway? There's probably one starting QB in the league that's a one read and scramble guy and it's Jackson (who's whole offense is based around that) Literally all these QBs primarily play from the pocket. It's such a dumb stereotype.

Also when you bring up Super bowls 90% of them are Brady. That's a pretty hollow stat, unless you're saying Mac Jones will HAVE to be Brady.... which is the most arrogant thing anyone can say. Jones has to be the GOAT in order to be successful. Gotcha. Well if you think that go buy a lotto ticket too, got about the same chance of winning that.

Eli Manning 4.92 40, Peyton Manning 4.8 40, Joe Flacco 4.84 40, Nick Foles 5.14 40, Patrick Mahomes 4.80 40.

Brady btw ran a 5.28 40 vs Mac Jones 4.68 pro day + .05 adjustment = 4.73 combine?
[ Edited by jcs on Apr 8, 2021 at 12:45 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Wilson was only really a fit because when 49ers fans were going nuts on him he was seen as just a mid round 1 pick aka someone 49ers maybe had a chance with. He is going #2 now because he is seen as the 2nd best QB in this draft, not because he fits a system the best. The only reason Mac Jones is in the running for #3 is because of Kyle Shanahan not because he is a top 5 talent.

I disagree. I think he's in te running for a top 5 pick regardless if we traded up or not because he has all the main QB qualities TEAMS look for. Maybe not Fans and media....

The funny thing is that these qualities you talk about for Mac, he has over Lawrence and Wilson. Yet with them their unquestioned physical ability is taken into account and they're graded higher.

I do not understand how this isn't the case with Fields, who is as physically talented (well more) as those guys, and as accurate as Mac.

People talk about anticipation issues with Fields, yet Lawrence has the same concerns (both nonsense and due to the offense) and issues against the blitz (yet Zach Wilson is worse).

It's mind boggling.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:

That is exactly how I picture it in my head. Exactly.

Tool academy, very rich Tool Academy
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 8, 2021 at 12:47 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
The funny thing is that these qualities you talk about for Mac, he has over Lawrence and Wilson. Yet with them their unquestioned physical ability is taken into account and they're graded higher.

I do not understand how this isn't the case with Fields, who is as physically talented (well more) as those guys, and as accurate as Mac.

People talk about anticipation issues with Fields, yet Lawrence has the same concerns (both nonsense and due to the offense) and issues against the blitz (yet Zach Wilson is worse).

It's mind boggling.

I really don't think Wilson is as good of a prospect as the Jets apparently do, but because I'm assuming he'll be gone at 3 I haven't talked about him much. I would imagine it's the same for a lot of other people in this thread.

Lawrence I don't see as perfect but I do see him as a generational type of prospect who deserves to go #1 overall.
Mac Jones never walks at an airport. He always takes the travel escalator.

-Mac Jones legend diary.
Originally posted by IceMan1763:

It's mind boggling.

I really don't think Wilson is as good of a prospect as the Jets apparently do, but because I'm assuming he'll be gone at 3 I haven't talked about him much. I would imagine it's the same for a lot of other people in this thread.

Lawrence I don't see as perfect but I do see him as a generational type of prospect who deserves to go #1 overall.

Lol. What if the Jets select Fields and then everyone will be like, "s**t! Why didn't they take Wilson! s**t! s**t! Handmedowns!!"

It's mind boggling.

Lawrence I don't see as perfect but I do see him as a generational type of prospect who deserves to go #1 overal.

I dont disagree with him going number one, but outside of the hype and him looking the part what does he do that has cemented him number one?

Is he that much better than Fields and Wilson?
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

It's mind boggling.

Lawrence I don't see as perfect but I do see him as a generational type of prospect who deserves to go #1 overal.

I dont disagree with him going number one, but outside of the hype and him looking the part what does he do that has cemented him number one?

Lawrence mainly going #1 because he has been great since he was a freshman.
Originally posted by Joecool:

It's mind boggling.

So has Fields..

It's mind boggling.

So has Fields..

Championships?

I have Fields rated #2. Wilson seems to be a default high pick, but there's just something about him that makes me hesitant.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

It's mind boggling.

So has Fields..

Fields couldn't beat out J.Fromm.
Share 49ersWebzone