LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Shop 49ers game tickets

Mac Jones-QB-Patriots

Z.Wilson is a lot better. But this guy has a realistic chance on landing with the 49ers than Wilson does.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Z.Wilson is a lot better. But this guy has a realistic chance on landing with the 49ers than Wilson does.

Hard pass on jones
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Hard pass on jones

Yeah we aren't getting Wilson but I'm not a fan of Mac Jones either. Of course what we think doesn't matter because if Shanahan likes him then Jones is our guy.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Yeah we aren't getting Wilson but I'm not a fan of Mac Jones either. Of course what we think doesn't matter because if Shanahan likes him then Jones is our guy.

If SF really wants Wilson they will do what's needed...
Can't remember which mock draft I saw, but it had us taking Shaun Wade in the 1st (Wilson and Lance already off the board) and Mac Jones in the 2nd. If it was Jaycee Horn and Mac Jones, I'd be happier with that.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Can't remember which mock draft I saw, but it had us taking Shaun Wade in the 1st (Wilson and Lance already off the board) and Mac Jones in the 2nd. If it was Jaycee Horn and Mac Jones, I'd be happier with that.

I'm not a Wade fan. I like Horn I just don't see SF spending top draft capital on a CB.

We played in some sort of zone shell over 70% of the time last yr (not sure what it is this yr I'm assuming it's comparable).
You're not paying premium cash/draft capital for a zone DB. IF we played a ton of man I would get it. Our defense is built around the DL not the CBs.

I gotta start looking for some C3 DBs
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'm not a Wade fan. I like Horn I just don't see SF spending top draft capital on a CB.

We played in some sort of zone shell over 70% of the time last yr (not sure what it is this yr I'm assuming it's comparable).
You're not paying premium cash/draft capital for a zone DB. IF we played a ton of man I would get it. Our defense is built around the DL not the CBs.

I gotta start looking for some C3 DBs

If the Niners decide to go QB in the 1st whether it's Wilson, Lance, Jones, Trask, a corner like Paulson Adebo in the 2nd round would be ideal. Maybe even trading down in the 2nd to acquire more assets could be possible.
If the Niners decide to go QB in the 1st whether it's Wilson, Lance, Jones, Trask, a corner like Paulson Adebo in the 2nd round would be ideal. Maybe even trading down in the 2nd to acquire more assets could be possible.

depends what they do in FA
This is why the Senior Bowl is important. Coaches go there and get to watch players go against each other in a pure talent situation since there isn't time to really install a system. It's head to head competition. They also get to see them up close in practice. Zack Wilson and Mac Jones are playing against totally different competition and that makes it harder to evaluate them.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This is why the Senior Bowl is important. Coaches go there and get to watch players go against each other in a pure talent situation since there isn't time to really install a system. It's head to head competition. They also get to see them up close in practice. Zack Wilson and Mac Jones are playing against totally different competition and that makes it harder to evaluate them.

Correct and they have vastly different levels of talent and coaching around them as well.

I don't think he's a first round qb

Should probably stay another year
I don't know if either of these 2 guys should be a 1st round pick but both probably will be. I have a hard time making honest evaluations since I don't know if the receivers are running the right routes or if the QB is finding someone on his own. I don't know all the defenders they are facing either. I watch to enjoy the game. I'll leave the critical evaluations to the coaches and scouts that are going to analyze every move they make.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

If SF really wants Wilson they will do what's needed...
Barrows article is pretty meaningless since any of us could right it. We can also change the name from Zack Wilson to Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence and keep everything else. Look I do think Wilson has potential to be really good in the NFL. I also think he has potential to be really hurt in the NFL too. The best ability is availability and that is what hurts having Jimmy more than anything else. In the last seasons Wilson has injuries to both shoulders and apparently a hand too. We know he had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder and I believe I read that he has a similar issue with his non throwing shoulder that he hasn't had fixed. I could be wrong about that but I thought I saw that when reading some articles about him.

Anyways with the severe injury history of players that Shanahan and Lynch have endured at key positions in the last few seasons, I have to wonder will they risk throwing all their eggs in one basket and roll will Wilson. It seems not likely and almost impossible at this point. However if they did it would be a very BOLD and highly risky move. Personally if it is going to be major draft picks for the next two seasons thrown at a top QB then it needs to be Trevor Lawrence.

I'm find with whoever they pick except maybe Jones who just doesn't impress me but what do I know about QBs lol. He could end up being the best of them all

Good stuff here
Barrows article is pretty meaningless since any of us could right it. We can also change the name from Zack Wilson to Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence and keep everything else. Look I do think Wilson has potential to be really good in the NFL. I also think he has potential to be really hurt in the NFL too. The best ability is availability and that is what hurts having Jimmy more than anything else. In the last seasons Wilson has injuries to both shoulders and apparently a hand too. We know he had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder and I believe I read that he has a similar issue with his non throwing shoulder that he hasn't had fixed. I could be wrong about that but I thought I saw that when reading some articles about him.

Anyways with the severe injury history of players that Shanahan and Lynch have endured at key positions in the last few seasons, I have to wonder will they risk throwing all their eggs in one basket and roll will Wilson. It seems not likely and almost impossible at this point. However if they did it would be a very BOLD and highly risky move. Personally if it is going to be major draft picks for the next two seasons thrown at a top QB then it needs to be Trevor Lawrence.

I'm find with whoever they pick except maybe Jones who just doesn't impress me but what do I know about QBs lol. He could end up being the best of them all

Any qb can be hurt in the NFL.

Andrew luck was the generational QB everyone wanted and retired at 29.

Drew Brees tore his labrum in like 2006 and I'd say he's played just fine for the past 15 yrs.
Share 49ersWebzone