Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Is this true, though?
Forty-Niners have a QB1 right now who many deify and has a seemingly a much weaker arm than this guy. Mac looks to have plenty of arm strength and long ball accuracy. Plus great pocket awareness and escapability; more athletic than given credit for. Just because he wasn't the Niners selection doesn't justify denigrating his talents. He looks to be good and would probably have been a good pick-up by the Niners. Just not at #3.
IMO the Niners picked the right guy at #3. The guy I voted for as my preference (Not Fields. Not Jones).
If you're going to sacrifice what the team did, swing for the fences.

Mac does not have a good arm. There are really no two ways about that. So again average arm at best, not very athletic.... It means you have to be nearly perfect every play. Perfect playcall, perfect footwork, perfect read. Is it possible Mac Jones could be a top 10-15 QB? Anything is possible I guess but I would be shocked

Well don't forget Bellicheat and what he did with a 6th rounder. I hope Bill retires soon so Kyle will have less competition if the 49ers get into the Lombardi game.

Well, I HIGHLY doubt Bill has another Brady. That kind of luck does not come around twice.

Favre to Rodgers... Montana to Young...

Ooh! Twice in 30 years. So it must happen again, obviously.

I mean, you dont gotta be a prick about it. Warner to Bulger to a lesser extent. The point is that it can happen. You spoke in absolutes by saying that will never happen again.. I proved you wrong. Just take the L.

He said "never " ?

"That kind of luck does not come around twice"

Yeah, it's rare, but it can happen. Personally, I think Mac Jones is trash, but it can still happen.

True .
Originally posted by LilLeeroy:
Yeah that guys sources is literally just repeating what Rapoport tweets

Yeah I tried to look for news on Mac Jones Mini camp performance and I couldn't find anything.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Uh oh.

Show 'em young Trey!

Our issue with Jones(other than his past off field issues and being out of shape) is the stuff he doesn't have to deal with in Mini Camp. We already knew he was accurate and makes good decisions when there is no pressure.

True
Nothing triggers a 9er fan more than a Mac Jones-mention.

This thread will live forever, no doubt.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Nothing triggers a 9er fan more than a Mac Jones-mention.

This thread will live forever, no doubt.

I was hoping it would die, but I think as long as Trey, Fields, and Mac are playing in the NFL, this thread probably won't die.
Originally posted by random49er:
Uh oh.

Show 'em young Trey!

Our issue with Jones(other than his past off field issues and being out of shape) is the stuff he doesn't have to deal with in Mini Camp. We already knew he was accurate and makes good decisions when there is no pressure.

True

Oh wow, Trevor Lawrence looked amazing at his RMC and guess what Trey looked even more amazing than any of these dumbasses, all you friggin morons. So much stupid biased hyperbole.

Actually Mac Jones was at his best under pressure and on blitzes had a very high passer rating
[ Edited by maxsmart on May 19, 2021 at 2:48 AM ]
I think Mac Jones anticipation was elite last season but his ball placement was a little overrated. Helps to have two top 15 picks at WR to come back to the ball.
Originally posted by maxsmart:

Actually Mac Jones was at his best under pressure and on blitzes had a very high passer rating
lol.. the 1 or 2 times a game where he was almost touched.. yeah great rating
People around here aren't going to like that he might actually be good.

ahhh where you getting that from?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I think Mac Jones anticipation was elite last season but his ball placement was a little overrated. Helps to have two top 15 picks at WR to come back to the ball.

Yeah he was a stud on his 1st read, which was due to a lot of things....great pre-snap, great play-calling, superior talent around him at WR/OL. Once he got past that first read, he wasn't anything special. analytics back that up. He was also pressured only 18.9% of his drop backs which is nothing.
Originally posted by GoldenFortyNiner:
People around here aren't going to like that he might actually be good.

Don't know why not. Let him be good in New England. It's much more important that Trey Lance be good than whatever Mac Jones does.
outside of watching trey dominate next year, it's going to be fun to see his dude fail. no more number 1 o-line, WRs, RB, most dominant team relative to competition in COVID year, etc. He won't be able to beat a blitz consistently and pats have mediocre talent around him at best.
His ceiling is backup qb, crazy belicheat took him after seeing him overthrow multiple players on his pro day, hes getting desperate with brady winning a SB.
Mond and Trask will be better QBs for sure.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

ahhh where you getting that from?

BEST VS. BLITZ: MAC JONES
Not that there was really any other way to slow down Alabama's offense in 2020, but blitzing certainly didn't work. Jones led college football in every single statistical category when blitzed last season: yards (1,365), touchdowns (18), yards per attempt (11.4) and completion percentage (77.5%). Maybe most impressively, Jones was only sacked three times on 124 blitzed dropbacks.
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-superlatives-quarterbacks-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-trey-lance-mac-jo
Share 49ersWebzone